Bringing baked goods onboard

sanken

for all of u who so rudely wonder why i would want to bring something on board, there is a famous bakery in hoboken that we live 2 hours from and whenever we get up that way we like to stop in and pick up some of the most delicious baked goods i have ever had (better than anything rci has), i don't think i will have any problem finding room in my grand suite to store them...thanks so much for being insulting.

for all of u who so rudely wonder why i would want to bring something on board, there is a famous bakery in hoboken that we live 2 hours from and whenever we get up that way we like to stop in and pick up some of the most delicious baked goods i have ever had (better than anything rci has), i don't think i will have any problem finding room in my grand suite to store them...thanks so much for being insulting.

WHY................IT IS 7 NIGHTS........TRY SOMETHING NEW......THAT IS WHY WE ALL TRAVEL!

INSULTING MIKE! :eek:

GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TEAM USA OVER CANANDA IN HOCKEY ON SUNDAY NIGHT!!!!!!

sparkling-usa-flag.gif

MIKE

Try to relax and not take things on an anonymous message board so personally.

Everyone is basically saying it's like "coals to Newcastle."

From your description, if I were you, I would stop at your Hoboken bakery on the way HOME, rather than on the way to the ship.

OP - Go for it if it means that much to you. And be sure to save enough $ to get some more on the way home. After all it is your vacation and you should enjoy it the way you want with what ever comforts you feel is important to you.

The only thing I would suggest is to bring along some air tight containers so you can spread your treasures across the cruise.

The posters perhaps didn't understand your thinking, but did you need to be as rude as them?:confused:

On our recent Independence cruise, boarding was delayed by around 3 1/2 hours. There was a coast guard inspection, and the ship was not allowed to bring any food shoreside either. If I would have brought a few dozen donuts, I could have paid for the cruise selling food to the hungry and angry passengers waiting in the terminal.:D I then would have brought any unsold donuts on the ship. I could have made more money selling them to the poor pax who were treated to the first excuse of a meal in the Windjammer.:rolleyes:

I would think you could bring it onboard but you can't take it off the ship in a port because it is not packaged. There are no rules listed on Royal's site concerning bringing food onboard that I could find (one must qualify everything said!)

As a side note, bringing on packaged snacks would be an idea for people with kids who are taking excursions and need to have something available as they will not let you take unpackaged food off the ship. We usually took a few cereal boxes with us from the buffet when the kids were younger.

well said -

Wow. uptight much??? Your explanation makes perfect sense. But I certainly count myself amongst those who certainly had no idea why you would want to. I honestly pictured you either grabbing a dozen donuts, or spending the day before you left making cookies:o

It just seemed like a totally out of left field idea. I really don't think anyone, including myself was really being insulting. Rather, we were somewhat dumbfounded with the unavoidable "why?" (which you didn't offer up in your first post).

That's why my previous post started with "Why on earth would you want to?".

Thank you for the explanation, it sounds like a great and reasonable idea.

Have a great time on your cruise. Consider a massage. I sense you need the relaxation!:eek:

I am pretty sure you are NOT allowed actually. I say this becuase when I was planning my onboard wedding I talked to RCI about possibly bringing a cake on if I were to choose the Mariner, and they said NO, that it was not allowed.

If you want to try, go ahead, just be warned they may or may not care and you may or may not be able to keep your baked goods.

I am pretty sure you are NOT allowed actually. I say this becuase when I was planning my onboard wedding I talked to RCI about possibly bringing a cake on if I were to choose the Mariner, and they said NO, that it was not allowed.

If you want to try, go ahead, just be warned they may or may not care and you may or may not be able to keep your baked goods.

I agree, and I don't see the OP being particularly pleasant if you try and take her baked goods away

Maybe they just didn't want you to bring on an entire cake.

I don't see any rules against it on the website.

Actually a declarative sentence is the best way to get a proper answer because 32 people will immediately jump on google and try to prove you wrong.

Try to relax and not take things on an anonymous message board so personally.

Everyone is basically saying it's like "coals to Newcastle."

From your description, if I were you, I would stop at your Hoboken bakery on the way HOME, rather than on the way to the ship.

The person that suggested a massage has the right idea. Can you say over reacting.

hmmm 2 wrongs = a right?????

Gee maybe you could stop at McDonalds in Hoboken too. I heard Frank ate there. Or maybe just maybe you could stop on the way home from the cruise at the most fabulous bakery in the world. :eek: Just another reason why I don't sail out of New Joisey York

Archived