7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman

LisaL

Grand Cayman has share ride vans. You can board one bound for seven mile beach right where you get off the tender. It only costs a few dollars per-person. You have several choices where to spend the day. Sea Grape Park is a favorite. We prefer the the Reef Grill which is closer to town but you have many options. Visit the Grand Cayman board and Google seven mile beach for more info.

we jumped in a van with a bunch of people. it was crammed but we talked to some people around where i live, and some girls from a different cruise, so that was kinda fun.

i don't think we paid any cover, just sat on the beach. they had a bar but the beer was a little expensive. there was a nice coral reef that had some 'cane damage but still was colorful and thee were several types of fish. i also swa with a barracuda, and saw a manta flit by.

Long story short i burnt the ***t out of my back and shoulder snorkeling for so long, so please wear screen! My wife got pretty burnt up too.

All of the beaches there are public...all access points have chair/umbrella/watersport rentals. There are bathrooms and restaurant/bars scattered up and down the beach.

At the dock, there are small buses...just hop on, tell them to take you to the beach....it's cheap.

Everything on GC is expensive...no "bargains" there...it's the banking capital of the Caribbean...where the "rich folks" hide their $$$$$!!!!

There will be cabs/buses everywhere to bring you back to the ship......the beach is narrow, so you can see them from everywhere!

Easy access to seven mile in several places. Research these boards, then google cayman beaches. Pick one out and grab a van. When you come out of the tender area, turn left and walk a couple of blocks. The public transportation depot is on the right. When you are ready to return to the ship start walking toards town. When a van honks at you just wave and they will pick you up. Grand Cayman and Progreso Mexico are two of the cheapest places to do on your own.

Going on the Freedom in April. I have heard we can take a taxi to 7 mile beach??

Also, what can we do there? snorkeling, toy rentals, massages? Help?

Better options in this port?

Thanks!

Oh, 7 Mile Beach is amazing! I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful beach. The water is many different shades of blue and green.

It is very easy to take a taxi to the beach. There are always taxis there waiting to take passengers back to town, or you could pre-arrange a time for a ride back, like we did with our taxi driver.

We went to the very far end of 7 Mile Beach, all the way to the Marriott. (The beach is across the street from the hotels.) There is a charge for beach chairs, if one is desired. There are also jet ski and snorkel rentals, as well as bars and food venues.

I want to be there now!

As previously stated, stingray city is a must. I always book thru NativeWay.

They have several options but my fav. is Stingray/snorkel/rumpoint. You go to stingray city, then they take you snorkeling near the reef if the water is not too rough (if it is too rough they will take you somewhere a little safer), and then you go to Rum Point Beach which is beautiful!!! Afterwards they took us to the mangrove and past some beautiful vacation homes and to see lots iguanas sunning themselves.

That was $62 per person and it included lunch at Rum Point Beach. They take reservations and you put nothing down.

They offer cheaper excursions if you are interested. Just look up NativeWay online.

Good luck!

Oh and my pic is me holding a giant starfish they caught and brought on board for everyone to see in Nov 08 on one of their excursions. Their boats are not too crowded and they are very personable.

Archived