FLL- Hyatt Place North Review

edvanp

I read where someone called the hotel directly and asked if they accepted the Hyatt gift card from Costco. Their response was yes but I'd call and confirm myself to be sure!

Does anyone know what the gift cards sells for at Costco?

I don't recall an Embassy Suites.

Hyatt's shuttle runs around 11:30. We always taxi to port. :)

When we were there on 1/23, they started shuttle operations around 10AM. We waited about 15 min before we left for the port.

We enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Place Airport North too. It was a nice room. We got it on Priceline for $70. We bid a 3* in downtown. We loved the location especially. Some good restaurants in the Harbor Shops plaza (5 Guys Burgers, Grumpy Gators and a small diner where breakfast was very good!), and very convenient shuttle bus to the beach which you can pick up right in front of the Publix. It was free on Friday. :)

This may be a silly question... do the taxi's just line up at the hotel or do we need to call one if we do NOT want to take the hotel shuttle service to the pier?

There were a few taxis waiting in front of the hotel around 10-10:30 AM.

Did anyone take the shuttle to the pier? If so what was the earliest time that it left?

Shuttle started runs to the cruise port at 10AM when we were there on 1/23. They had 2 shuttles, one a van and one a mini bus. The driver was taking a couple of pilots to the airport so we went with them and then he dropped us at the cruise port. We were there before 11AM.

Just a heads up with Valuetrips. We just booked with them for the third time for our Oct cruise, pre and post cruise, 2 rooms both dates. Confirmation came through with the right name. Called the Hyatt to confirm, all is good. I misplaced my confirmation so I called the hotel. They emailed me a confirmation. Name on first night was backwords, with someone else's address in Florida. :eek: I am in Mass. They had the right email. Second night confirmation, half the name missing and the same wrong address. I did have them correct all the information and have emailed Valuetrips. They have not responded. Since the original email from Valurtrips had the right name, I am assuming it was the hotels mistake. CHECK and confirm your reservations.

Just a heads up with Valuetrips. We just booked with them for the third time for our Oct cruise, pre and post cruise, 2 rooms both dates. Confirmation came through with the right name. Called the Hyatt to confirm, all is good. I misplaced my confirmation so I called the hotel. They emailed me a confirmation. Name on first night was backwords, with someone else's address in Florida. :eek: I am in Mass. They had the right email. Second night confirmation, half the name missing and the same wrong address. I did have them correct all the information and have emailed Valuetrips. They have not responded. Since the original email from Valurtrips had the right name, I am assuming it was the hotels mistake. CHECK and confirm your reservations.

Janetz, I noticed that when I got a confirmation from Hyatt (I had requested one because I added a second night after I booked) I also had an address in Florida. I wonder if this is Valuetrips' address and phone number? Maybe because the reservation is done through Valuetrips it comes in to Hyatt with their address on it? I don't remember if I entered my own address when I made the reservation on Valuetrips or not...hmmmm.

Okay, I just confirmed it. I called Hyatt and was told that when you book through an online site such as Valuetrips, Priceline & Hotwire, the agency's address & phone number are often listed as yours. They took my address & phone number and changed it & sent a confirmation email. All is good! :)

Janetz, I noticed that when I got a confirmation from Hyatt (I had requested one because I added a second night after I booked) I also had an address in Florida. I wonder if this is Valuetrips' address and phone number? Maybe because the reservation is done through Valuetrips it comes in to Hyatt with their address on it? I don't remember if I entered my own address when I made the reservation on Valuetrips or not...hmmmm.

Okay, I just confirmed it. I called Hyatt and was told that when you book through an online site such as Valuetrips, Priceline & Hotwire, the agency's address & phone number are often listed as yours. They took my address & phone number and changed it & sent a confirmation email. All is good! :)

Now that I'm reading this it made me remember that this is why I got nervous about my booking through Valuetrips. I'm sure I would have been fine, but when the gal from the Hyatt offered to let me cancel and book directly at the same rate I took advantage of the offer.

Ok, cool. I never called the Hyatt just emailed. They never mentioned that. Its good to know. I have used therm twice before and never even noticed that. But then again my name was wrong. :)

Anyone staying at the Hyatt North have any info about places to grab a bite nearby after getting in on a "late" flight? We'll be arriving in FLL about 9 pm or so. Last time we did this [different hotel] we had a hard time finding anywhere to eat. If we have time between flights, we'll grab a bite at the airport, but just in case, I'm wondering what the options might be.

Thanks!!

We stayed at the Hyatt Place North Jan23 for one night.

The bad:

1- I had booked 3 rooms through Hotwire, but when we checked in they only had us booked for 1 room>after some work they had 2 more rooms for us.

2-room 221 had a musty smell, room 206 and 320 were fine.

3-since they have express checkout I didn't notice until I got home that they had charged me for an extra 2 rooms-I'm still working on getting a refund, although it is very hard to speak directly to Pamela, the ass. manager.(I have the paperwork ready to dispute charges either through the CC company or Hotwire).

4-large group of about 100 people going on Princess and the manager told the shuttle drivers to take all of them to their ship before anyone else. Kim at the front desk tried to tell the manager that it was not their protocal to operate that way but, guess who won that discussion?

5-everytime we left the room in the morning our keycard would be de-activated and we had to get new keycards, this happened about 3 times.

The Good:

1-shuttle picked us up at the airport about 20 minutes after we called them.

2-some of out group arrived at the airport at 11:45pm, called about 11:55pm and the shuttle left right away to pick them up.

3-nice rooms, good breakfast, excellent location.

4-front desk staff were very helpful, especially Kim.

I read where someone called the hotel directly and asked if they accepted the Hyatt gift card from Costco. Their response was yes but I'd call and confirm myself to be sure!

I purchased gift card in the amt of $100 for $80 at Costco yesterday, a 20% savings.

I saw the Hyatt gift cards at Costco yesterday. Does anyone know what their expiration is? If I buy them now while they're available, I don't want them to expire before our trip in October.

I need 4. I have to find a Costco.

I saw the Hyatt gift cards at Costco yesterday. Does anyone know what their expiration is? If I buy them now while they're available, I don't want them to expire before our trip in October.

I went to Hyatt site and read that card has no expiration date. Look at the Link:

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/products/CertsCheckCards.aspx

I bought the Hyatt certificates today at Costco. They are configured into two $50 certificates for $80. No expiration date.

I phoned the Hyatt and they will accept the certificates. I booked through Valuetrips for $89 for one night, which with tax, comes to $98 and change. Figured we'd buy a coke or something with the left-over change.

I bought the Hyatt certificates today at Costco. They are configured into two $50 certificates for $80. No expiration date.

I phoned the Hyatt and they will accept the certificates. I booked through Valuetrips for $89 for one night, which with tax, comes to $98 and change. Figured we'd buy a coke or something with the left-over change.[/quote

Ditto for us. Using the card allows us to get room for $69 a night before tax. What a Deal!!

How long does it normally take for ValueTrips to get back to you? I reserved a pre-cruise and a post-cruise night(two separate reservations) last night. Just wondering how long it took them to respond. Has anyone ever been denied? (ie, hotel full, etc) We have never stayed here before. Always booked a room up on Ocean Blvd. But, since we're coming in later than usual the day before, just figured we book a hotel close to the port. Also, how is the pool at the Hyatt?

How long does it normally take for ValueTrips to get back to you? I reserved a pre-cruise and a post-cruise night(two separate reservations) last night. Just wondering how long it took them to respond. Has anyone ever been denied? (ie, hotel full, etc) We have never stayed here before. Always booked a room up on Ocean Blvd. But, since we're coming in later than usual the day before, just figured we book a hotel close to the port. Also, how is the pool at the Hyatt?

First time I submitted request to ValueTrips, I heard nothing back. I waited afew days and tried again and heard back in two days.

Archived