Liquor on lately???

Crusin-Suzan

We were just on the Spirit.

All of the 'caught' smugglers were forced to walk a gauntlet in drag as the crewed taunted them for not being wise enough to successfully smuggle their hootch. The best part? there was an open bar for the event!:D

Because people choose to follow different rules. If I recall correctly you stated in a different thread that you've had your share of speeding tickets in your life. So we don't need to follow our own country's laws but should follow a cruise line's rules? I know that is a fairly hollow comparison, but I get fed up with people having this hollier than thou attitude about smuggling. You choose your rules to break and we'll choose ours.

FYI that we'll doesn't refer to smugglers just other people in general. Personally I like the bar set up, takes less effort than trying to sneak something past security... and considerably less hassle if you didn't manage to sneak it past.

I have never had a speeding ticket. I am just a Grandma who enjoys a drink on the balcony with Grandpa. We spend more than our share in the bars. Plus as my husband will say more than our fair share of cruises during the year.

If you have cruised as much as you say and have been a member her as long as your join date states then you have been through this topic many times.

Search "Bar Setup" to resolve your need for that relaxing cocktail with "Grandpa".

PE

Only this problem with NCL.

At least on NCL I can order a bar setup and bring my own wine and pay a corkage fee. RCCL does not offer that and they are cracking down on smuggling.

Love both lines but NCL gives me options.

Being new to NCL, I found the bar set-up to be a real plus, relatively easy to order and not overly priced in comparison to purchasing by the glass. CCL, RCCL do not offer this service to my knowledge. Another plus for NCL IMO..

Sorry my husband asked me to bring this up. I know better. Have never had liquor taken away from us. Don't mind paying for the corkage fee for wine. We buy enough drinks on board to not be embarassed about this. Also gamble enough to support the ship. Just let it go.

Not one to say that I encourage alcohol smuggling due to it's effect on NCLs bottom line and it is also against NCL policy to bring alcohol onboard, Rumrunners they work, I'm not saying to try them, not that anyone ever listens to what I say. On our last cruise there were a few passg. who used RR with great success, not saying it was me or anyone I had been cruising with, or that I encourage someone to do it due to it's effect on NCLs bottom line and that other thing about the NCL no alcohol smuggling aloud.

This could be Basher or Cheerleader or a little 2 faced? have fun with it.

Not one to say that I encourage alcohol smuggling due to it's effect on NCLs bottom line and it is also against NCL policy to bring alcohol onboard, Rumrunners they work, I'm not saying to try them, not that anyone ever listens to what I say. On our last cruise there were a few passg. who used RR with great success, not saying it was me or anyone I had been cruising with, or that I encourage someone to do it due to it's effect on NCLs bottom line and that other thing about the NCL no alcohol smuggling aloud.

You sound like a politician:eek:

It has been my experience that no one smuggles aloud. They tend to pretty quiet about it.

Sorry my husband asked me to bring this up. I know better. Have never had liquor taken away from us. Don't mind paying for the corkage fee for wine. We buy enough drinks on board to not be embarassed about this. Also gamble enough to support the ship. Just let it go.

You can justify it anyway you want... but let me tell my story.

We own our business. We work hard at it, very hard. Our salary is based on our efforts and what we put into it. We have shoplifters, yup it's true! Almost every time the excuse they give us when we catch them is that "I've spent X dollars at your store thru the years so I felt I was entitled to what I took". I say, REALLY, you chose to spend that money thru the years, you chose the purchases you made at the prices we asked for the goods. No one forced you to buy and you picked the product and the quantity. How in the world does that justify what you took from us? So for me, your excuse that you buy plenty of drinks in the bar or gamble enough to support the ship is simply ridiculous and somehow gives you peace of mind from the guilt that is inside of you.

Archived