Alaska 2011

happylady

Carnivals itineraries last year were northbound and southbound.

I believe they switched to roundtrip out of Seattle. When leaving from Seattle its not as scenic, you can't get too far north before you have to turn around, and you spend less time in ports.

Plus if you don't have a lot of vacation time Carnival doesn't do you any favors leaving in the middle of the week instead of the weekend.

Bill

Agree, the sailings out of Seattle are nice and convenient but not as scenic. Plus the Tuesday -Tuesday itinerary is horribe :(

I just noticed the Alaska cruises are posted also....and am just not sure what to do. I'm leaning towards the Glacier Bay from Seattle, WA cruise, but I need to do some research on the different ports. It looks like the only difference between the 2 is that the round trip one from Seattle has a stop in Victoria, BC. And that one goes thru Tracy Arm Fjord whereas the other cruises thru Glacier Bay.

For those concerned with the change in cities for flights...Amtrak has a guided "Cascades" tour that runs between Seattle and Vancouver that sounds amazing!!

Good Luck Kathi on getting a group going! The group price this year was GREAT! Too bad it stay around very long. Hey everyone this year's Spirit to Alaska sold out quickly, don't be left out in 2011. We will let you know how GREAT the cruise is when we get back! Kathi would be a GREAT Group leader...We miss her on our thread!

Carnival is RT and Princess is not yet, so the flight ticket is a lot less.

We also planned 3 days in Seattle before cruise and we are so looking forward to it! We will post pics as soon as we get back!

Good Luck Kathi on getting a group going! The group price this year was GREAT! Too bad it stay around very long. Hey everyone this year's Spirit to Alaska sold out quickly, don't be left out in 2011. We will let you know how GREAT the cruise is when we get back! Kathi would be a GREAT Group leader...We miss her on our thread!

Carnival is RT and Princess is not yet, so the flight ticket is a lot less.

We also planned 3 days in Seattle before cruise and we are so looking forward to it! We will post pics as soon as we get back!

Annette, You are such a sweetie!! Thanks for the compliment! :o I'll be on the 5/11/10 cruise in "spirit"!!

Phil really wants to do a cruise tour, but we'll have to wait a few years. Last year when I started pricing our cost for the 5/11/10 cruise, we realized that we would rather do the Seattle RT and save money on airfare. This will allow us to book a balcony room and do more excursions. Since we never vacationed in the Northwest, we also plan to take a few days precruise in Seattle.

I've been lurking on the 5/11/10 cruise thread and saw that many of the 4B's have been upgraded. That is awesome!!:eek:

It looks like they all got the French door cabins on the 4th floor. If you get a group going, maybe they may luck out too.....

I think they are all 4K instead of 4b. My daughter is the only one that didnt but that was b/c when I register my GS i had to pick a cabin; but in the long run good thing I booked the third person when I did. No -one knew how fast our cruise would sell out!

Hey, everyone let Kathi know you are interested so she can get Laura to support this cruise! You guys can always borrow the research we have already done!

Ok how about what you can look forward to - now I had to borrow this pic since we don't sail for another 54 days................. Can't wait! Just wait until we have our own pics for you to DREAM about! So, who wants to go to Alaska with Kathi! Kathi, hope you don't mind me sharing the sites on your thread!

Johns_Hopkins2_web.jpg

Ok how about what you can look forward to - now I had to borrow this pic since we don't sail for another 54 days................. Can't wait! Just wait until we have our own pics for you to DREAM about! So, who wants to go to Alaska with Kathi! Kathi, hope you don't mind me sharing the sites on your thread!

Johns_Hopkins2_web.jpg

Annette - That is just so beautiful. I can't wait to see the pictures from your 5/11 cruise on the Spirit. We've started a countdown for our cruise next year.

Anyone else out there thinking about a May 2011 cruise on the Carnival Spirit?

Can someone please tell me if the Carnival Cruises ex seattle go through the Inside Passage. I note that with other cruise lines that it is listed on the itinerary but not with Carnival- do they just assume we know they are gooing ther or do they go out to sea? Jennie

Can someone please tell me if the Carnival Cruises ex seattle go through the Inside Passage. I note that with other cruise lines that it is listed on the itinerary but not with Carnival- do they just assume we know they are gooing ther or do they go out to sea? Jennie

Looking at the 2011 itinerary....

The 6 day May 4-10, 2011, Vancouver to Seattle cruises the Inside passage. The 7 day roundtrip from Seattle cruise Tracy Arm Fjord.

The 7 day September 13, 2011 cruises Glacier Bay.

Annette - That is just so beautiful. I can't wait to see the pictures from your 5/11 cruise on the Spirit. We've started a countdown for our cruise next year.

Anyone else out there thinking about a May 2011 cruise on the Carnival Spirit?

im looking at May 10 or 17th. Probably wont book anything until this Summer.

im looking at May 10 or 17th. Probably wont book anything until this Summer.

Hi OhioJeff! I'm originally from NE Ohio!:D I do have a few relatives in Loveland and have been through the area a few times. It's a beautiful area.

We had originally booked this year May 11, but decided to cancel. By the time our college age son knew his spring/summer schedule it was too costly to add him as a 3rd. It would have increased our cost around $1000 (we would have had to upgrade from a 4B to a different room to accommodate three). So, we decided to rebook for May 2011. He turns 21 on May 26, so we were thinking of going on the May 24 cruise.

If enough people want to go on the 10 or 17 we could try to organize a CC group and get a better rate. We're really open to either the 10, 17 or 24, but definitely want to go in May.

Who else is thinking about Alaska May 2011???? You know you want to.:D:rolleyes::D

Hi OhioJeff! I'm originally from NE Ohio!:D I do have a few relatives in Loveland and have been through the area a few times. It's a beautiful area. Who else is thinking about Alaska May 2011???? You know you want to.:D:rolleyes::D

Im from Brooklyn Ohio (where I grew up, born in Lakewood OH) .. would you believe I too have cousins in Loveland (and Cinn), but my one cousin who keeps horses lives in Loveland. Great area.

Im from Brooklyn Ohio (where I grew up, born in Lakewood OH) .. would you believe I too have cousins in Loveland (and Cinn), but my one cousin who keeps horses lives in Loveland. Great area.

I've been in South Florida 36 years, but I still miss Ohio. :o

I've been in South Florida 36 years, but I still miss Ohio. :o

.... and I moved here from S. Florida. I was living in Boca Raton and working in Pembroke Pines until my Dad got macular degeneration and I felt I was needed in Texas and picked up and moved here.

I miss the ocean too .. but liked growing up in smalltown Ohio.

It never to early to start thinking and planning!

The itinerary for 2011:

Tuesday ----- Seattle, WA

Wednesday -- Fun Day at Sea

Thursday ---- Cruise Tracy Arm

Friday ------- Skagway, AK

Saturday ---- Juneau, AK

Sunday ------ Ketchikan, AK

Monday ------ Victoria, BC, Canada

Tuesday ----- Seattle, WA

Let's get a CC group together for May 2011. Some of the benefits to being a group might be a reduced group rate, reduced down payment, OBC, complimentary items from Cruise Critic and a meet and greet just to name a possible few. The great part of being an "Official Cruise Critic Cruise" is that YOU decide how involved you would like to be with your fellow group members. Some only take advantage of the awesome group rate and others become so involved that they make great cruisin' friends forever!! It's up to you.

• 2 weeks later...
I was just reading some of the past reviews for an Alaskan cruise. I want to go now!!

Let's get a group together to take advantage of the Cruise Critic benefits.

Happylady....why not go this year? We sail on Radiance 13-night Alaska out of San Diego on May 8 this year (35 days from today). Why not join us? There are some good Residency and Military rate offers for this cruise. There could also be some good offers in Tuesdays RCL Sales Events as well.

Bob

Happylady....why not go this year? We sail on Radiance 13-night Alaska out of San Diego on May 8 this year (35 days from today). Why not join us? There are some good Residency and Military rate offers for this cruise. There could also be some good offers in Tuesdays RCL Sales Events as well.

Bob

I'd LOVE to go this year!! We were booked on the Carnival Spirit May 11. The ship was almost sold out when our college age son got his summer internship schedule and realized he would be able to join us. To add him would have more than doubled our original cost. Due to school, he only has a few week window, so our dates were limited. He's such a good kid, and works really hard...we wanted him to join us.

We were booked with an "official" CC group so we're trying to start or join the same for next year. The benefits are so good with a group and you can be as involved as you like from just booking for the benefits to participating in the planned activities.

A while back I did look at your cruise! I was stunned at the low cost of a 13 day cruise. We came this close {imagine thumb and index finger 1/4" apart} to trying to arrange vacations....but decided to wait. :rolleyes:

Are you going to write a review when you return?

I'd LOVE to go this year!! We were booked on the Carnival Spirit May 11. The ship was almost sold out when our college age son got his summer internship schedule and realized he would be able to join us. To add him would have more than doubled our original cost. Due to school, he only has a few week window, so our dates were limited. He's such a good kid, and works really hard...we wanted him to join us.

We were booked with an "official" CC group so we're trying to start or join the same for next year. The benefits are so good with a group and you can be as involved as you like from just booking for the benefits to participating in the planned activities.

A while back I did look at your cruise! I was stunned at the low cost of a 13 day cruise. We came this close {imagine thumb and index finger 1/4" apart} to trying to arrange vacations....but decided to wait. :rolleyes:

Are you going to write a review when you return?

You are correct the price back last April nearly threw me off my chair. We were able to book a D1 center hump for $1600pp + taxes. To top it off we have $500 in OBCs...so we had no choice but to book this cruise. If I do write a review it will be short...some positive things and maybe include a discussion on whether or not we have any plumbing problems like some have recently experienced on Radiance.

I was just reading some of the past reviews for an Alaskan cruise. I want to go now!!

Let's get a group together to take advantage of the Cruise Critic benefits.

I cant wait to read the reviews from the first Seattle sailing next month.

I have to ask- why cruise Alaska with CCL? My Alaska Princess cruise to AK last summer and my upcoming one this June are both cheaper than traveling on the Spirit.

In addition to better food, they had regional food like fresh halibut obtained from Ketichikan and lots of salmon.

The highlight was entertainment where national park service rangers were on on board to give lectures, there was naturalist who gave lectures and narration during cruising and they even had Libby Riddles, first woman to win the Iditarod, on board with a presentation.

So uh, what does the Spirit offer during the day time?

I have to ask- why cruise Alaska with CCL? My Alaska Princess cruise to AK last summer and my upcoming one this June are both cheaper than traveling on the Spirit.

In addition to better food, they had regional food like fresh halibut obtained from Ketichikan and lots of salmon.

The highlight was entertainment where national park service rangers were on on board to give lectures, there was naturalist who gave lectures and narration during cruising and they even had Libby Riddles, first woman to win the Iditarod, on board with a presentation.

So uh, what does the Spirit offer during the day time?

Carnival is much cheaper for me than Princess, since Im sailing solo.

They offer an naturalist onboard and serve regional fish..salmon,sole.. I think that's common of just about any ship that sails to Alaska.

Archived