Pajama's in Serenity Area?{early A.M.}

TnMama

If you want to go out dressed like you come from the ghetto by all means knock yourself out. It is becoming more prevalant these days. A lot of people wear them to the mall. America is just becoming dumber and trashier by the minute.

Seriously?? From the ghetto???? Wearing your pj's on the Serenity Deck on your VACATION does not make someone "ghetto!" And before you try to accuse me of being ghetto, or redneck, or white trash, or whatever other stereotype you would choose to use, let me assure that I'm not. I'm 21 and an elementary teacher.....not exactly the prototypical "ghetto" person. And yes, I love my pj's!!!

Im not from the ghetto by any means, Im from "tha Holler". I even make jam and jelly,and twice in my life,Ive been barefoot and pregnant too.:eek: The nerve of me,huh, wantning to leave the holler and explore my world,huh? Here's what I think of what you wrote, "Bless your heart!" How do you know Im not working on my Masters in History? WHat you said was down right hateful and youre WRONG for it.

You asked what people thought and I told you. In my opinion wearing your bed clothes in public is ghetto. I really don't care if you like my answer or not. You asked and I replied.

I do have to ask- at what point in history did going on vacation mean that you were on vacation from basic manners and civility? To read some posts it sounds like since you are on vacation- anything goes. I fail to see the logic here. You are on vacation from work or regular day to day activities, not from civilization. Camping out in the woods- yes you leave behind civilization. On a cruise ship? Not so.

I do have to ask- at what point in history did going on vacation mean that you were on vacation from basic manners and civility? To read some posts it sounds like since you are on vacation- anything goes. I fail to see the logic here. You are on vacation from work or regular day to day activities, not from civilization. Camping out in the woods- yes you leave behind civilization. On a cruise ship? Not so.

I agree, just because you are on vacation does not mean that you leave your manners and civility behind. However, I don't see how someone wearing their pj's first thing in the morning to have a cup of coffee means that they have left their manners and civility behind. If someone was to wear trashy or ratty pj's, that would lean away from basic manners, but the pj's that the OP describes sound like they cover more skin than the bathing suits that people will be wearing.

A lot of yoga pants, etc. look like pajama pants these days. This is what it sounds like you're talking about to me. I sleep in tank tops and yoga pants, and I wear tank tops and yoga pants on deck too, you should be fine.

I agree, just because you are on vacation does not mean that you leave your manners and civility behind. However, I don't see how someone wearing their pj's first thing in the morning to have a cup of coffee means that they have left their manners and civility behind. If someone was to wear trashy or ratty pj's, that would lean away from basic manners, but the pj's that the OP describes sound like they cover more skin than the bathing suits that people will be wearing.

Just being covered and modest doesn't really seem to cover the basic rules. If that is all it took, how about a blanket? Or my nightgown, as I suggested above? And since ratty jeans are often ok- why not ratty pjs? Part of it is clearly symbolic- but what is the difference between a pair of jeans and jean jacket and a tuxedo except the material. And the symbolism. Clothes are far more than simply a way to cover our private parts and keep us warm.

Just to lighten the mood.....

I don't wear jammies....:D:eek:

Is it still OK if I go to the Serenity area for my coffee in the morning????:p

I won't even bring my robe.....:D

It is absolutely okay for you to do that!! (I'm only saying that because we arent on the same cruise ;))

As stated before you are not in your house you are in a floating city. Everywhere outside of yur stateroom is a public area. PJs are great but should be worn at home, not in public. How hard is this?

Just being covered and modest doesn't really seem to cover the basic rules. If that is all it took, how about a blanket?

Then it's called a poncho.

Or my nightgown, as I suggested above?

Then it's called a sheath dress.

And since ratty jeans are often ok- why not ratty pjs?

Why not? You aren't wearing it, what do you care? Seriously, I'm not being antagonistic, but what does it matter to you? If you don't like what someone is wearing, avert your eyes. Hell, if you saw some of the fashion vicitims who parade around my office every day, you'd be praying for pjs compared to the "good clothes" they're wearing.

Part of it is clearly symbolic- but what is the difference between a pair of jeans and jean jacket and a tuxedo except the material.

In some parts of the country, they're the same thing. Lookin' at you, Texas. ;)

And the symbolism. Clothes are far more than simply a way to cover our private parts and keep us warm.

Correct. But you don't get to make the rules for everyone. In fact, you get to make the rules only for yourself and your kids. Keep that in mind. Clothes are also a means of self-expression. You have no right to tell anyone else -- other than your own kids, should you own some -- how to express themselves so long as they aren't breaking any public decency laws/ship's rules.

As stated before you are not in your house you are in a floating city. Everywhere outside of yur stateroom is a public area. PJs are great but should be worn at home, not in public. How hard is this?

Wanna quote for me where Carnival says it's contrary to ship's rules for one to wear their pajamas in any public spaces on the ship? Or would you all just like to keep imposing your own mores and clothing issues on the OP because you can?

If you want to go out dressed like you come from the ghetto by all means knock yourself out. It is becoming more prevalant these days. A lot of people wear them to the mall. America is just becoming dumber and trashier by the minute.

I'd rather see her pjs than some of the polyesther specials going into the MDR.

Correct. But you don't get to make the rules for everyone. In fact, you get to make the rules only for yourself and your kids. Keep that in mind. Clothes are also a means of self-expression. You have no right to tell anyone else -- other than your own kids, should you own some -- how to express themselves so long as they aren't breaking any public decency laws/ship's rules.

Well said. It appears a lot of people think the scope of permissible norms/values/mores/culture ends at their own front door.

Saints & Sinners 3- PJ Pub crawl.

2488346200080736900S600x600Q85.jpg

ROFLMBO, I LOVE this pic!!!!

When I was on a 11 night Celebrity cruise we did a bathrobe part (which is my pic here)

We scandelized the older folks on this ship, had the older walker guys mumbling on their midnight walker walks LOL

We were asked to move from the main bar by the dining room to the Bar at the edge of the earth (top deck, 2 other people there)

The Celebrity ships have very little nightlife and we did this at midnight on the last night.

It was fun and funny and our CC group had a ball doing it!!! Did the dried up old figs have a problem with it? Well we didn't ask nor did we care, we even drank our smuggled drambui <gasps>

Cheers, Carole

Wanna quote for me where Carnival says it's contrary to ship's rules for one to wear their pajamas in any public spaces on the ship? Or would you all just like to keep imposing your own mores and clothing issues on the OP because you can?

Apparently there has to be a written rule for absolutely everything or anything goes. Whatever happened to common sense.

Apparently there has to be a written rule for absolutely everything or anything goes. Whatever happened to common sense.

Apparently my common sense - live and let live - is very different from your common sense - impose my views and morals on all in my view.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the PJ crawl picture!!! lol. thats too cute!

AS for civility, um yes, I am civil! I even know which fork to use! WHile I may hunt,fish, and like Camo, it does NOT mean I can't be a lady. Matter of fact, I LOVE to camp. Have 2 trips planned for that before my cruise.

I knew I'd get flamed for this post by some, and Im cool with that,Im a big girl and can handle my own. Everyone has a right to their opinions and their own free will to dress how they please! So on my sailing {and 2000 other ppls too} I'll be joined by some and complimented by others! :)

This thread is not ment to get nasty yall. Lets all play nice!

P.S. if you look at the picture, the lady in the middle in the pink tee and capri jammies is EXACTLY what Im talking about wearing.

I am sailing on the Fascination in July. I plan on enjoying coffee on the serenity deck in the morning's. I have 2 cute pajama sets,that dont really look like PJ's. They're cotton capri's and a tee shirt. I dont really want to get dressed for my day just to go have coffee early in the morning. If its cool I may even take my bath robe. Do any of you think that would be inapprpriate? They are very modest and I wont mind putting on my undergarments either.

Why not? I see people everyday in their PJ's at the grocery store, post office, and standing on the street corner. I saw an older man with his slippers and bathrobe on. Anything goes these days.

P.S. Enjoy yourself, no one will see you after you leave the ship and go home. This is your vacation. I've seen worse of an eye sore at the pool...women wearing things that made me wonder how they figured out how to put it on.

P.S. if you look at the picture, the lady in the middle in the pink tee and capri jammies is EXACTLY what Im talking about wearing.

OMG!!! You'd be soooo exposed!!! Oh the horror! :eek::eek: :rolleyes: They may try to guilt trip you on "morality" all they want but they'll be the same people wearing their bathrobes to the buffet ;)

Yeah...It's a shame that attempt to sterilize all the "trailer trash" by the prim and proper upper class didn't work out. :eek::rolleyes:

Archived