10:50 Flight OUT of Vancouver

Pugdog007

I would not count on getting a flight before noon. They want you to check in a minimum of 90 minutes before flight time for flights leaving Canada....assuming you are US bound. Assuming you can begin debarking aright at 8AM (unlikely)....the first group should be off and get luggage by 9AM (if EVERYTHING goes like clockwork), figure a 20 minute drive to the airport (assuming no traffic, delays etc) you might walk up to the check in counter right at the deadline....but that assumes everything goes right (and it never does)....

Could we make this flight? On RCCL Serenade scheduled to dock at 8:00. How far is airport from the port?

This flight is much cheaper than waiting till later.

Hi!

Ask your TA, but my best advice is that booking this flight is too much of a gamble. If you made it, it would be equivalent to hitting every green light! Between disembarking, retreiving your luggage, clearing immigration and customs (Canadian and U.S), transportation, airport check-in, etc. I see no realistic way it would work.

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but the last thing you want to do at the end of a great vacation is to be on a standby list trying to get home.

They want you there(airport) at least 90 minutes before your flight. It takes 20 minutes or so by cab to the airport-asssuming there is no traffic or construction.

There are also going to hundreds of other people looking for cabs.

I have a choice of 1 pm or 4 pm flight.

Would I be pretty safe with the 1 pm? I really don't want to wait till 4 pm.

Thanks.

Hi!

If you have never flown out of a port city airport when multiple ships dock, it is a zoo! 1:00 might work (depending on the number of ships docking that day). but 4:00 is much safer. If you are bound and determined to book the 1:00 flight, have your TA see how much "competition" there will be that day.

Have a great cruise!

Archived