Jr Suite Ammenities

RCI brochure says Jr Suites do not get early embarkation/disembarkation and other ammenities. Is this true for Enchantment or just the larger ships??

The ONLY amenity you get is a double credit for the sailing. It doesn't matter what ship you're on.

RCI brochure says Jr Suites do not get early embarkation/disembarkation and other ammenities. Is this true for Enchantment or just the larger ships??

When you print your SetSail Pass it will definitely say "Suite" in the circle at the top. This would entitle you to use the line marked for suite guests.

Each port handles boarding pax differently, so you rally have to just go with the flow.

For debarkation you will receive colored luggage tags according to your flight arrangements. If you would like to disembark the ship earlier, just go down to Guest Relations and ask to exchange your luggage tags for an earlier time.

The ONLY amenity you get is a double credit for the sailing. It doesn't matter what ship you're on.

Besides the extra cruise credit you do receive the following and this is on all ships:

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Besides the extra cruise credit you do receive the following and this is on all ships:

• Bathroom amenities

When we were on Granduer we did not have bathroom amenities. I enjoyed the tea kettle, but my husband did not get "coffee service" (only tea bags). We were plat., so we had the use of the robes. I liked the larger room and balcony. We spent a lot of time relaxing there. (Was looking forward to the "bathroom amenities" as we had them on Legand, but alas. . )

can't comment on this deal

Our friends got robes just for asking. They had the lowest balcony category cabin.

• Bathroom amenities

They also got the lttle bottles, just for asking...

k, but what's the deal? Does it get any thing?

On Explorer, a JS definitely gets to go in the suite line for embarkation. The toiletries are hit or miss - sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. No big deal in any event.

When we were on Granduer we did not have bathroom amenities. I enjoyed the tea kettle, but my husband did not get "coffee service" (only tea bags). We were plat., so we had the use of the robes. I liked the larger room and balcony. We spent a lot of time relaxing there. (Was looking forward to the "bathroom amenities" as we had them on Legand, but alas. . )

As of November the JS cabins on Radiance didn't have coffeemakers in them, either. In April, I'm going to bring some Starbucks Via instant coffee packets and use the water kettle - to be honest, the coffee pods are for 24 ounces, not the single serving that the coffeemaker makes, so it makes my hair curl! The JS on Rhapsody had them in February, though.

The silver seapass is pretty, but nobody bows and scrapes (they didn't do it for our gold suite Seapass, either), so it really means nothing, since it doesn't get you into the suite reserved seating areas.;)

You book a JS for the space and comfort it affords you. It's a less expensive way to cruise comfortably, as opposed to booking a "true" suite. You will get priority embarkation , if there is a "suite" check-in line. You will get 2 credits toward your C&A status. You'll have a tub in the bathroom. We've always had toiletries provided (but I bring my own...even the "good" stuff isn't up to par compared to my own brands!) and it's been hit or miss on the robes....again..not a huge deal.

When you book (and pay for ) a real suite, you do get more sq. footage, and a couple of drinks in the CL....not sure those few drinks are worth the price you pay, tho, since the alcohol is confined to a couple of hours pre-dinner.....and you can't take those drinks out and about with you....

I think a JS is the PERFECT way to cruise...

Technically, JS guests are not supposed to get priority embarkation but because your boarding documents will say "Suites" most of the time you will be able to use the Suites check-in lines.

Although there are not many amenities for JS guests, I think you will appreciate the bigger closet and bathroom of your cabin.

Our 4-some (2-kids, 2-adults) had a Junior Suite on our Western Mediterranean cruise last June on the Navigator. Our suite service was impeccable!

JS Boarding: Regardless of the "rules" we simply got in the expedited "suites" boarding line and were not stopped or questioned. We "sailed" through past non-suite holders.

JS Layout: Even with sofa bed pulled out, there is plenty of space to walk around. The walk-in closet with changing space, shelves, and hanging rods is a huge plus! Frankly, you simply do not feel cramped in this room.

We looked into a Grand Suite for our upcoming Alaska cruise but decided against it. Not because of price, but because of layout... The GS has a larger gross area, but most all of this space is taken up by the 2-person bathroom and the remaining suite layout is poor. Alternatively, the layout of the Junior Suite makes a much better use of space. Plus, the JS's walk-in closet provides "dressing" privacy for the touchy adolescents our group.

Until I win the lottery and can rationalize an Owner's Suite, RC's Junior Suite is definitely my room of choice as the best "bang for my I-demand-a-balcony" buck!

Hope this helps!

You book a JS for the space and comfort it affords you. It's a less expensive way to cruise comfortably, as opposed to booking a "true" suite. You will get priority embarkation , if there is a "suite" check-in line. You will get 2 credits toward your C&A status. You'll have a tub in the bathroom. We've always had toiletries provided (but I bring my own...even the "good" stuff isn't up to par compared to my own brands!) and it's been hit or miss on the robes....again..not a huge deal.

When you book (and pay for ) a real suite, you do get more sq. footage, and a couple of drinks in the CL....not sure those few drinks are worth the price you pay, tho, since the alcohol is confined to a couple of hours pre-dinner.....and you can't take those drinks out and about with you....

I think a JS is the PERFECT way to cruise...

I agree love the closet. Although when my son comes we get a GS, but JS is perfect for two.

Archived