What's the ONE thing...

1bellamarie

I've cruised 5 times and every time I always come away thinking I "should have" done X. Or, I see so many people having a FANTASTIC time. I love cruising, but, I'm looking to make this one (14 day RT to Hawaii from L.A) even better. So, I'm looking to the seasoned Princess experts...

What's that ONE thing that YOU think really "made" your cruise?

I really appreciate all your words!

Christine

Did the same cruise a couple years ago.

For that cruise it was a toss up between the helicopter tour in Kauai or the seaplane tour in Oahu.

http://www.islandseaplane.com/

I would recommend both. Be sure to book them before hand (directly, not through the cruiseline) to make sure they are not sold out and to save some money for drinks and gambling ;)

I'll 2nd that Paul and with my lovely wife.

Also fond memories many years ago in the Caribbean, which we don't do anymore, sitting on our balcony in the evening having a drink and watching the flying fish in the ships wake.

Also will be on the Golden in April R/T Hawaii.:D

My best advice is don't sweat the small stuff. It just irritates me when people complain about the smallest little details. Just go with an open mind, and tell yourself that you are going to make the best of this cruise no matter what happens. You'll be surprised how good of a time you have.

Maximise the opportunity to relax on all those sea days, the Hawaii days will be extraordinarily tiring since they come one after the other. The balcony is a wonderful place for a pre dinner relaxation.

Do the Helicopter tour!

I've cruised 5 times and every time I always come away thinking I "should have" done X. Or, I see so many people having a FANTASTIC time. I love cruising, but, I'm looking to make this one (14 day RT to Hawaii from L.A) even better. So, I'm looking to the seasoned Princess experts...

What's that ONE thing that YOU think really "made" your cruise?

I really appreciate all your words!

Christine

The Chef's Table

The International Cafe, and the abundance and variety of shrimp and fresh fruits and vegetables.

I say this because these are the things we missed the most (and are still missing) when we returned home. We can get entertainment on TV; we can watch HD travel shows on our big screen TV; it's very hard for two people in winter in the middle of the country to get those types of food at an affordable price.

After breakfast on sea days my morning walk on the promenade deck looking at the waves and the bare horizon.Gives me the feeling of complete relaxation

into a world of my own. The wonderful breeze or the warm misty air that one gets in the tropics lovely and clean non polluted .The weather can vary from day to day which can give it a different slant each day..Making it a wonderful experience to start the day.......:D

Chef's Table for sure. I've been on 8 Princess cruises and last year was the first time I tried Chef's Table and it was unforgettable. Sign up as soon as you get on the ship with the Pursers Desk because space is limited. Have fun!!

I find that I have the best time when I meet lots of new people in particular the crew. I like to get to know their stories and hear about their lives. This type of interaction with people can make a cruise really special. The crew on these ships are wonderful people, it is great to make friends with them, it makes cruising even better for me.

What a great subject for a thread.

For me, and picking up on some other comments there are three things...in no particular order.

Not spending more time in Vines (where available)

Not spending more time on the balcony - especially just before retiringfor the night

Not spending more time doing nothing on sea days.

Our favorite is sitting on balcony with our coffee and watching sun rise.

D, glad to hear you are up early. If I get a coffee card and give you the "special stuff" will you get me a regular coffee/cream only about 7:30am:)

We love watching the sun SET :D

D, glad to hear you are up early. If I get a coffee card and give you the "special stuff" will you get me a regular coffee/cream only about 7:30am:)

We love watching the sun SET :D

Hey Northender, what do you do when you are in Alaska? :)

Archived