What's the ONE thing...

1bellamarie

My best advice is don't sweat the small stuff. It just irritates me when people complain about the smallest little details. Just go with an open mind, and tell yourself that you are going to make the best of this cruise no matter what happens. You'll be surprised how good of a time you have.

Couldn't agree more! NO CRUISE IS EVER PERFECT, but you determine if you choose to focus on the small stuff that goes wrong, or the bigger picture that was wonderful. ANY day on a cruise, even with small stuff that doesn't go quite right, beats ANY day at home working!!

We are getting ready to go on our 4th cruise this month and plan to enjoy our FIRST balcony! What I am looking forward to MOST is to sit with my morning coffee on my balcony! Ahhhhhh............life is good!

Sitting out on our balcony every night before bed, we order coffee or tea and sit and drink and chat and watch the water, everyone else is usually in bed or out doing other things, so its very quiet and makes you feel like you are the only one. We've sat out for hours before, next thing you know its 1am!

I've cruised 5 times and every time I always come away thinking I "should have" done X. Or, I see so many people having a FANTASTIC time. I love cruising, but, I'm looking to make this one (14 day RT to Hawaii from L.A) even better. So, I'm looking to the seasoned Princess experts...

What's that ONE thing that YOU think really "made" your cruise?

I really appreciate all your words!

Christine

I always also come away from the end of the cruise wishing I could have done everything. I agree with a lot of what has been said here but for your cruise in particular make sure you sign up for the lei making classes and the ukulele classes as soon as you board. I am totally not artistic or musical but enjoyed those SO MUCH and they aren't anything you'll be getting a chance to do very often, if ever again. I also participated in the ukulele show at the end of the cruise and was terrified but it was so much fun! As Dave Cole, the CD of the Golden said, "Go ahead and have a ball, in two weeks you'll probably never see any of these people again".

Our first few cruises we ran ourselves ragged trying to do it all, see it all.

Then, we backed off. Now on some days, especially the first sea day, we will do absolutely nothing. Letting go of the guilt is the best thing we can do for ourselves in that small slice of time. Classes, shows, gambling, etc... are enjoyable, but nothing beats....doing nothing.

Life is too busy and complicated most of the year round, so taking it easy and not expecting anything from ourselves is a true vacation day.

Our first few cruises we ran ourselves ragged trying to do it all, see it all.

Then, we backed off. Now on some days, especially the first sea day, we will do absolutely nothing. Letting go of the guilt is the best thing we can do for ourselves in that small slice of time. Classes, shows, gambling, etc... are enjoyable, but nothing beats....doing nothing.

Life is too busy and complicated most of the year round, so taking it easy and not expecting anything from ourselves is a true vacation day.

You wrote that for us.:D

Our first cruise we had shorex's everyday and were off the ship by 7 and got back just before sailing 6 days in a row.

Never again. We do enough of the rat race in everyday life and now like you, we relax.

Thanks for the reminder.

Mike:)

My favourite, not to be missed, thing on every cruise is the two hours between the end of afternoon trivia and dressing for late dinner. I sit out on the Promenade Deck, drinking my daily mocha and reading my book du jour, watching the sea and the horizon as the night draws in and the lights on the deck shine in the gloaming of twilight. It's magical.

As has been said, "Attitude" but I'd also say, the people I've met on my cruise. In particular, those from CC. Soppy, I know, but it's true. Many of my cruises have been in the GREAT category mostly because of the CC people.

I've cruised 5 times and every time I always come away thinking I "should have" done X. Or, I see so many people having a FANTASTIC time. I love cruising, but, I'm looking to make this one (14 day RT to Hawaii from L.A) even better. So, I'm looking to the seasoned Princess experts...

I really appreciate all your words!

Christine

Enjoy the sunsets at sea!! Best with a drink in hand.:)

We were just on the Crown last week. This would make another vote for sitting out and the balcony and relaxing, which was even better this cruise because no one was smoking nearby!:D

[quote name='Happy ks']Our first few cruises we ran ourselves ragged trying to do it all, see it all.

Life is too busy and complicated most of the year round, so taking it easy and not expecting anything from ourselves is a true vacation day.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

This was the best experience that my husband and I had. Not only do you get to try the best food of your cruise - matched with good wines, but you get to meet new people. You also get a chance to see the crew working very hard in the kitchen and ask the Chef some questions. Fantastic!

Enjoying sailaway with some champagne and watching my cell phone bars go down as it loses coverage till I get the "no service" Now I know I am on vacation.

I do agree with some others about the Chef's Table as well. One of the best experiences we have ever had on Princess.

We made up our minds to appreciate every experience as an absolute privilege--listening to lapping water, watching the waves, having good meals made for us, enjoying the entertainment, sipping coffee outside, having an ice-cream cone in the Lido, walking the deck, and seeing the wonderful, smiling crew, as well as seeing new places. My parents actually had very little in material wealth , but they taught their kids to have hearts of gratitude. So, what makes a wonderful cruise--being grateful!:)

Without question, the sail out of Venice or the sail into Istanbul.
The 1st time, will be a life changing experience !

Unforgetable land tours: Pompei; Ephesus;Cinque Terra;Alfalmi coast;Athens; Sicily,Brugge-Unforgetable

we make sure we see some sunsets. one cruise our dinner was at sunset and it was the last night before we realized we hadn't seen one. something magical about twilight on the ocean.

Archived