was weather too cool for you this february?

gerry48

hi, wife and I went on our very first cruise in february.

It was on splendor out of long beach. we had a wonderful time but were disappointed in how cool the weather was.

we decided that we will do a caribbean cruise next february out of cape canaveral so we can have warmer weather but have been hearing that even a caribbean cruise is not guaranteed to be warm enough.

maybe if we want guaranteed warm weather we should choose september or october instead?

Did you post this same question on the Florida boards for East Coast?? this is the gulf boards, so the answer may be different than going out of Cape Canaveral.

I went out of Ft. Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale, the last week in January and all but one day was quite warm 80s, just the one day was 60s).

I have cruises maybe the last 3 Januarys, out of Galveston, and it was a mite coolish for swimming in my opinion, though it was very nice. Last time was even a heat wave in Texas, couldnt ask for better January weather for Texas.

It was on splendor out of long beach. we had a wonderful time but were disappointed in how cool the weather was.

we decided that we will do a caribbean cruise next february out of cape canaveral so we can have warmer weather but have been hearing that even a caribbean cruise is not guaranteed to be warm enough.

maybe if we want guaranteed warm weather we should choose september or october instead?

September and October are still summer for the Caribbean and the deep south.

Yes, you will be guaranteed hot weather south of the Bahamas in February.

It was 40 degrees when we landed in Tampa on 2/14. Not bad, considering it was 25 when we left NYC.

When we flew home on 2/20 it was about 50 in Tampa. It was 42 when we landed in NYC>

The wife and I was on a Souther Caribbean cruise out of San Juan Jan 31 to Feb 7, 2010. Five islands in 7 days. The weather was in the 70' s to mid 80's every day.:):)

It's been, for us, an unusually cold winter in Florida. Depending on which publication you read & which measurement you use, February was somewhere between the coldest & 3rd coldest on record. I wouldn't base my future travel decisions on the current year - I'd more look at historical temperatures.

But yeah, this February was too dang cold for this Florida boy, and March isn't off to a great start either. I'm sick of that little bell going off in my car that only rings when the exterior temp is 40 or lower.:mad:

I'm sure in August I"ll be begging for some relief from the heat. :cool:

We came to Miami last nightfor a short weekend cruise and had a record low this a.m. Oh well. Just never dreamed I'd be going on a cruise with pants on out of Miami. Hope theres inside activities to do since I think we'll freeze out of deck in the wind.

It's been, for us, an unusually cold winter in Florida. Depending on which publication you read & which measurement you use, February was somewhere between the coldest & 3rd coldest on record. I wouldn't base my future travel decisions on the current year - I'd more look at historical temperatures.

But yeah, this February was too dang cold for this Florida boy, and March isn't off to a great start either. I'm sick of that little bell going off in my car that only rings when the exterior temp is 40 or lower.:mad:

I'm sure in August I"ll be begging for some relief from the heat. :cool:

Totally agree with you! Our neighbour says he has never experienced a winter like this in Naples in the past 27 years!

Getting lots of use out of our fleece jackets and blue jeans this season.

Kathy

Usually, the weather is warm south of the Bahamas. But someone told me that they cruised the first week of February and it was cold and rainy in the Caribbean. This has been a particularly sustained cold winter in the south. From April to October, it is warm.

The wife and I was on a Souther Caribbean cruise out of San Juan Jan 31 to Feb 7, 2010. Five islands in 7 days. The weather was in the 70' s to mid 80's every day.:):)

We left from Fort Lauderdale to the Western Caribbean the very same week and it couldn't have been more perfect. Low 80's, sunshine every day.

Sept & Oct are in the middle of hurricane season. That doesn't mean you will have bad weather but you are taking a chance. March & April are usually good months for a Caribbean cruise.

We just came back from Port Canaveral. We went on Dream Feb 20. It was 65 in Cocoa Beach for the two days we were there and sunny. On the cruise, it was in the 80's and warm. In Roatan, it hit 85 and hot. If anyone is going to Port Canaveral and need help, I will be glad to help you. Found good places to eat and only 1 crappy place. Nice hotel and great car rental.

What a difference a week can make. I have to disagree with guaranteed warm weather south of the Bahamas. We went to Belize, Honduras, Cozumel 2/13-20 and I only wore a swim suit one day :(

We have sailed this same week three years in a row and this year was the only one that was too cold. We drove from Atlanta to New Orleans in snow and it rained and was chilly 6 of the 7 days. The decks were empty on sea days. However, we still had a great time. But, I think next year will be a spring break vacation...

Archived