A good reason to take as many cruises as you can :)

Bridge Maven

The only thing you can take to your grave are your memories. Hopefully a great deal of them will be happy ones. If cruising makes you as happy as it does me, then we will both have the best memories possible.

Pat

This is why we plan a family trip as a Christmas present for our children and grandchildren. We do some kind of a trip or cruise right after the kids get out of school. We'd rather they all remember the wonderful times together than an object that they won't care about next year. Not only that, we get to see them enjoy themselves and spend some great times together.:)

In reality, I think our age has a lot to do with it. Younger people do have to accumulate "stuff". They have to pay for a home, its furnishings, etc. At our age, we are ready to "give it away!".

But, even for young families, I think the schools, camps, extra lessons in music or sports are the best gifts we can give our children, much better than items with "in" labels.

We never need a reason to cruise other than we love it but enjoyed the posts!!!!

I still keep an album of each trip & enjoy looking through them .....makes a snowy day seem better!!!

I totally agree with that article.

The cruises and Europe trips that we've taken far outshine any goods we've purchased. Even our adult children still fondly talk about being together on cruises. We are retiring in June to create more memories and have three cruises booked and looking for a fourth. Our mantra is "Don't wait to travel because you never know when it will be too late."

In reality' date=' I think our age has a lot to do with it. Younger people do have to accumulate "stuff". They have to pay for a home, its furnishings, etc. At our age, we are ready to "give it away!".

But, even for young families, I think the schools, camps, extra lessons in music or sports are the best gifts we can give our children, much better than items with "in" labels.[/quote']

Great post - I agree with you completely :)

We want to travel while we have the physical health to go and the fiscal wealth to go...I'm a firm believer that these cruises, the CC members we meet along the way, and the wonderful educations we receive about people in other parts of the world create the best memories possible. I remember when we were going through my Mom and Dad's house, emptying it of all their belongings after they had passed and looking through all the wonderful albums my Mom had created from their travels. They spent their money on travel..not "things". And they enjoyed a wonderful life. I choose to emulate them! LuAnn

This is why we plan a family trip as a Christmas present for our children and grandchildren. We do some kind of a trip or cruise right after the kids get out of school. We'd rather they all remember the wonderful times together than an object that they won't care about next year. Not only that, we get to see them enjoy themselves and spend some great times together.:)

Ma Bell, I agree with you and we do the same thing.

Archived