??Phones onboard and in ports

We are going on the Liberty of the Seas on March 21. My father is in a nursing home and I am the only relative. I need to come up with a way for them to get a hold of me in the event of an emergency--which hopefully won't happen. I have a regular Verizon phone (no internet). Has anyone tried any of those cell phone rentals for international use, and if so, did they work? Is there anyway to get a hold of us on sea days, other than a shore to ship phone call via RCCL?

They can call the ship and get in contact with you---you don't need a cell phone for that at all. The number is 1-888-724-7447

Give them that number, the name of your ship and your cabin number (if you have it, or the name the cabin is booked in)--they will find you if there's need.

Your cellphone will work but you need to make sure you have international dialing activated before you leave. Calls will be $2.49 per minute while on the ship and vary by port. Texts are much cheaper if you can arrange for the nursing home to text you.

www.cellularatsea.com

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/index.html

Those links will tell you all the information you need.

Archived