Freedom of the Seas Heading Back to Port Canaveral!

Someone does, he talks to the captains sometimes from his boat when he watches the ships go out. Ummmmm, uksimonusa or something like that, will search.

That's me and it's far to cold in Florida to be boating!!, so no information....Sorry

That's me and it's far to cold in Florida to be boating!!, so no information....Sorry

I just knew you were south of there and possibly had a scanner on. :)

The weather down there has been crazy this winter. My Mom is a snowbird and lives about 20 minutes south of you. She calls pretty much everyday telling me how freezing she is and wonders whether she should have stayed in NH this winter.

I just knew you were south of there and possibly had a scanner on. :)

The weather down there has been crazy this winter. My Mom is a snowbird and lives about 20 minutes south of you. She calls pretty much everyday telling me how freezing she is and wonders whether she should have stayed in NH this winter.

Just heard back from my friend on board, as a previous poster stated medical emergency, they will probably be late to Labadee as a result

Thanks for updating us. Hope the sick passenger will be ok. Crappy time to get sick, on your first day out. Hope they had trip insurance.

Maybe it's the cynic in me. I used to work at hospital in Orlando, and I couldn't believe how many people would leave for their vacation at Disney with a sick, sick child. Like Disney World was going to magically heal them!

Alright, maybe people didn't have trip insurance and were worrying about losing out. Poor decision, because then, not only were they losing out, but instead of being at home, with their doctor, they find themsleves stuck in a strange hospital where they know no one.

Now, most likely, this was an acute illness. But I still always wonder about someone in denial.

My friend is on this cruise. She said the captain announced that they had a sick passanger and were returning so the person could be taken to the hospital....

Thank you for the update. I have friends on this sailing so I left a vmail as soon as I found out last night thinking they 'might' turn their phone one. Hopefully this was not a major medical emergency and everyone is doing okay.

Erika

Don't know if the link will allow but on AIS marine traffic

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?centerx=30&centery=25&zoom=2&level1=140

but you have to select Port Canaveral from the drop down port list

Ken

I looked thru this website map looking for Freedom of the Seas but I don't find it, what could I be doing wrong? I don't even see any cruise ships at all.

I looked thru this website map looking for Freedom of the Seas but I don't find it, what could I be doing wrong? I don't even see any cruise ships at all.

They are probably all out of range - only ships in specific zones register on the site map. Try at the weekend, there's plenty of activity off Miami/Port Everglades/Port Canaveral

Ken

Maybe it's the cynic in me. I used to work at hospital in Orlando, and I couldn't believe how many people would leave for their vacation at Disney with a sick, sick child. Like Disney World was going to magically heal them!

Alright, maybe people didn't have trip insurance and were worrying about losing out. Poor decision, because then, not only were they losing out, but instead of being at home, with their doctor, they find themsleves stuck in a strange hospital where they know no one.

Now, most likely, this was an acute illness. But I still always wonder about someone in denial.

I know of this person and from what I gather, it was a last hoorah type of cruise. I was really hoping it would get completed and found out today the ship had to turn around. Sad since the person was really looking forward to this. I am not aware of what actually happened

I know of this person and from what I gather, it was a last hoorah type of cruise. I was really hoping it would get completed and found out today the ship had to turn around. Sad since the person was really looking forward to this. I am not aware of what actually happened

Wait, so you know this person who this ship had to turn around for? Wow.

Awwww that is such a shame:(

Awwww that is such a shame:(
Wow just found this thread; there are many resouces to help track something like this including webcams and the marine tracking sites. Sad that the passenger did not get to have his or her's last hurrah.

Wow just found this thread; there are many resouces to help track something like this including webcams and the marine tracking sites. Sad that the passenger did not get to have his or her's last hurrah.

It is but when I think about it...Speaking for myself...I would rather have my last hurrah on a ship going out to sea even if it is only for a few hours than in a hospital room.:rolleyes:

Archived