One of our cabin mates can't come?

barberesr

To save on the single supplement which the solo traveler would have to pay now that they are in a cabin by themselves, I would have the third passenger cancelled in the triple cabin, and pay the fee for a name change to put them in the cabin with the single. You will save a lot that way. Contact your travel agent ASAP and they can take care of all this for you.

To save on the single supplement which the solo traveler would have to pay now that they are in a cabin by themselves, I would have the third passenger cancelled in the triple cabin, and pay the fee for a name change to put them in the cabin with the single. You will save a lot that way. Contact your travel agent ASAP and they can take care of all this for you.
Once you board, you can shift people around as you wish and get cabin keys created so if someone is booked in a cabin, they don't have to stay in that cabin once you board. As Toto says, contact your TA ASAP and move one person to the 2nd cabin.

Once you board, you can shift people around as you wish and get cabin keys created so if someone is booked in a cabin, they don't have to stay in that cabin once you board. As Toto says, contact your TA ASAP and move one person to the 2nd cabin.

Thats true but why pay a solo fare when you don't have too?

It sort of depends when the cruise is, if final payment has been made and if there is insurance involved.

When is the cruise?

Very true, especially the last part.

In this case if one takes Princess's insurance; they're covered in the event the other passenger cancels. There is no rate change and the remaining passenger continues on like nothing happened.

No shuffling needed.

But like Coral stated, it all depends on where you are along the booking process; what's transpired thus far, etc.

so we each had a cabin to ourselves and only one per bathroom. What a joy for the space although we miss the kids. We booked one in each cabin to get extra OBCs and ended up w/ them plus 4 drink cards. Just had a refund of 1 of their taxes and waiting for the other. They have filed w/ insurance for a refund as their flight was cancelled and they couldn't dig out in time to meet us.

I believe OP is going on the Emerald next weekend; at this late date for cancellation it really depends on the reason as the best way to handle it. OP is also dealing with an elderly father and one or two wheelchair or handicapped pax, so there may be concerns about pre-existing medical conditions.

IF pax had insurance AND the reason for cancelling is covered by insurance, the advice about insurance covering this is correct. But it really depends on the reason for cancelling. If it is a non-covered reason, and since you are already in the 100% penalty phase, it might be better to just be a no-show.

We are leaving Sunday the 21st. We are insured with another ins company other than Princess.

The person was the caregiver for my father. He has to be a witness in a trial, so I don't that is covered in the insurance.

Could I substitute another caregiver if I find one to go with us?

We are leaving Sunday the 21st. We are insured with another ins company other than Princess.

The person was the caregiver for my father. He has to be a witness in a trial, so I don't that is covered in the insurance.

If you can find someone before the cut off (I seem to remember it is 5 days before the cruise to make changes). You could pay the name change fee of $50 and have someone else go in his place. Good Luck on this one.

Check with travel insurance. I just looked at a policy I buy and it says it covers for the following:

6.You being required to serve on a jury, served with a

court order or subpoena.

so we each had a cabin to ourselves and only one per bathroom. What a joy for the space although we miss the kids. We booked one in each cabin to get extra OBCs and ended up w/ them plus 4 drink cards. Just had a refund of 1 of their taxes and waiting for the other. They have filed w/ insurance for a refund as their flight was cancelled and they couldn't dig out in time to meet us.

One cabin for each of you....separate bathrooms...how romantic!

Archived