Grills or Fishlips in Port Canaveral?

w8ing2cruz

It's been a couple of years, but we've been to both places more than once.

Food is good at both. Grills is a bit "fancier", Fishlips is more of a bar and grill type restaurant. Grills had a great band the last time we were there on a weekend evening......it was packed and a lot of fun. We've only been to Fishlips for a late lunch to watch the ships sail out. That's fun, too.

We try to visit both places when we are in Port Canaveral. I think you'd enjoy both of them!

We went to both last year. Grills is simply grilled food, period. Nothing fried and it specializes in seafood. It's nice because you can sit outside and watch the cruise ships come and go. We found the best seafood restaurant in Cocoa beach. It was Jack Baker's lobster shanty. If you like lobster, it is great with great prices and it's also on the bay so nice atmosphere.

Grill's is not ALL grilled .... I eat there a couple of times a month

and grills is mostly FISH as are the other port places - Grills, FishLips, Rustys, Millikans Reef

(all menu available at the cost of a google search....)

'course grilled IS better for you . . .

if you close your eyes you'll be pressed to tell 'tween Grills and Fishlips in my opinion.

We go to the port and check one ... if too busy we move to the next ... very similar. A band at one today is usually at the next tomorrow. 4 main rest/bar in the port and there are regulars there ALL the time.

Baker's is a bit down (south) on A1A . . . . and a bit of a different atmosphere ... still casual but a river view vice into the port. Not the junior biker bars the port places are.

If I had to pick between the two, I would go with Grills. The food was hot, service was good and the restaurant was clean.

We weren't impressed with Fishlips. The hostesses were sitting on the floor behind the desk when we got there. The food was inconsistant. One of our meals obviously had been waiting for the others and was cold. One meal was very hot and delicious and the third was burnt on one side. Service was slow, beer was served in a cracked glass and waitress we stopped wouldn't take it, told us we had to give it to our waitress. Restaurant wasn't very clean, was end of dinner hour but rugs were a mess.

We are going to try Millikans our next cruise.

If I had to pick between the two, I would go with Grills. The food was hot, service was good and the restaurant was clean.

We weren't impressed with Fishlips. The hostesses were sitting on the floor behind the desk when we got there. The food was inconsistant. One of our meals obviously had been waiting for the others and was cold. One meal was very hot and delicious and the third was burnt on one side. Service was slow, beer was served in a cracked glass and waitress we stopped wouldn't take it, told us we had to give it to our waitress. Restaurant wasn't very clean, was end of dinner hour but rugs were a mess.

We are going to try Millikans our next cruise.

I really have to agree with you "RIM" - Norm and I have gone numberous of times to all the places at the cove and still like Grill's and Rusty - at Fishlips we had poor service and found tha bread and salad is extra with meals - you and I must have had the same waitress - Rusty's and Grill's are the two that I found reasonable, clean and with good prices, but again these are my own thoughts and feelings.

Grills is very good. My husband loves to get the rock shrimp. Last time we went in Nov. the waiter suggested the shark kebobs which were very good. I don't eat seafood but my chicken was great. We were there around 5:30 and the Disney ship floated by our table. The service was great. My husband also likes Millikens but I think it is a little bit more expensive.

Hi,

Both are seafood places. They are right next to each other (one hundred yards walk?). On weekends I'd say both get busy and have live bands or something going on. Grill's has outdoor bands, and Fishlips has indoor upstairs bar and band area.

I like both, but end up at Fishlips more often unless I am wanting to watch the ramp follies (people launching and recovering boats at the public ramp). I think Grill's is more popular overall with most folks.

Milliken's Reef is another newer place that has decent seafood, higher pricing, and tries to do more of a "club" scene on weekends. Have not tried much but dinner at the outdoor patio area there...

All of these are close to each other, so you could check them out, look at menus and the suitability of the party atmosphere before deciding.

Hope this helps,

Johncn

Archived