Liberty of the Seas???

Hi,

We will be leaving 3/21/10. It will be our third time on Liberty. It is a beautiful ship!!! Anything specific you need to know ask away and I will let you know when we get back!

Us as well. I can hardly concentrate at work! We haven't been on this class of ship before, so we're truly excited to experience it.

We went March 7-14th. If you have any questions let me know. We had a great time on the boat and in the ports. We couldnt go to Georgetown Grand Cayman because of the weather so we had to have three sea days but it was fun to do all the activities on the ship. My email is april32 [@] aol.com without spaces or brackets.

I just returned on Sunday. I plan on writing a full review, but here are some things in short. This was my 9th cruise, 2nd on Royal. The ship is beautiful. IMO, there is no such thing as a bad cruise, but I always like to share my observations and opinions. Here are a few highlights:The staff on the ship were friendly, but few were memorable. We did My Time dining and never had to wait for a table. Portofino was awesome and not to be missed. There were no deck parties as on previous cruises. The photographers were horrible. We usually enjoy getting portraits, but not on this cruise. Never heard or saw our cruise director. Lunch in the Windjammer, seemed to be the same every day. The DJ in the nightclub played the same songs everynight. Bolero's was always packed and had great music. The ship never felt crowded. We had a JR Suite and loved it. The promenade parades were great as was the ice skating show...that is not to be missed. Please feel free to ask questions!

I just returned on Sunday. I plan on writing a full review, but here are some things in short. This was my 9th cruise, 2nd on Royal. The ship is beautiful. IMO, there is no such thing as a bad cruise, but I always like to share my observations and opinions. Here are a few highlights:The staff on the ship were friendly, but few were memorable. We did My Time dining and never had to wait for a table. Portofino was awesome and not to be missed. There were no deck parties as on previous cruises. The photographers were horrible. We usually enjoy getting portraits, but not on this cruise. Never heard or saw our cruise director. Lunch in the Windjammer, seemed to be the same every day. The DJ in the nightclub played the same songs everynight. Bolero's was always packed and had great music. The ship never felt crowded. We had a JR Suite and loved it. The promenade parades were great as was the ice skating show...that is not to be missed. Please feel free to ask questions!

Could you tell us which were the formal nights on your cruise? I'm also on the May 2 sailing on the LOS.

We were on the LOS during the innaugural year and it was great. We will be back on LOS on 4/11/10! Can't wait, been counting the day since Christmas. I need to get away, and I need a cruise!

Formal nights on the western were Monday and Thursday. Not Monday and Friday which has previously been stated on the boards. And they don't make a big deal of it in the Compass either....it's in very tiny print. Not sure about the Eastern itinerary.

Who is just off LOS this week???? Love to read the trip reports.... Patiently waiting for my turn May 2... any tips??? How was the ship?? Beautiful Im sure... omg.... I cant wait... Thanks to all who reply:D

LOS is a beautiful ship. We went to western caribbean cruise on this one on May 2009. I absolutely loved the rock climbing wall and flow rider. Rock climibing wall has timings so you will have to check in your daily itinerary. We dressed in shorts and shoes and went one day and it was closing for the day. We did get to do it another day though. The ice skating show is absolutely wonderful. Don't miss out on International food fest one of the days, we almost missed out on that one as well.

Oh, I still miss the yogurt ice creams around the pool area. I hope they have it on Rhapsody as well which we are sailing next month to Hawaii. If you have specific questions about the ship, I will be happy to answer. It was our honeymoon cruise and I remember everything about it.

Who is just off LOS this week???? Love to read the trip reports.... Patiently waiting for my turn May 2... any tips??? How was the ship?? Beautiful Im sure... omg.... I cant wait... Thanks to all who reply:D

It's not recent, but you will be doing yourself a favor if you read Amybeth4's Liberty review...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1088522

Also, if you have more time than self-respect, here's mine from February...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1146757

Have a great cruise!

Archived