Simple question from an Experienced Mariner

localady

Okay, after as many cruises as I've taken with HAL, you'd think I'd know the ships fairly well. :rolleyes: Well today I received confirmation of our CC get together from HAL and they said it would be located in the "Captains Corner"....:confused:

"Captains Corner".... that's a new one to me.

I suspect it is the port side of the Crow's Nest where we have many times held these get togethers, but I thought I'd ask the wiser and more knowledgeable Mariners among us....;) :D

"Captains Corner".... that's a new one to me.

I suspect it is the port side of the Crow's Nest where we have many times held these get togethers, but I thought I'd ask the wiser and more knowledgeable Mariners among us....;) :D

Yes, it's that small section on the port side that has some extra glass walls and closable doors.

Is the Captains Corner also used when the Captain is naughty?? ;) :eek:

LOL. Very much enjoyed this post. I see a big red circle on the carpet and a sheepish captain sitting on it saying "what do you mean one minute for each year of my age????#&$!". :p

One time we were sitting in the main section of the Croe's Nest enjoying an after dinner cocktail when 2 officers came in. They stopped by the bar and ordered drinks and then went to th very back of the Captain's Corner where they sat and chatted over drinks.

I was headed towards the ladies room when I saw the 1 officer use his cell phone to call the bar -- he needed more vodka added to his drink. It was all I could do from bursting out in laughter. And he didn't talk softly either -- even my husband heard him yelling into his cell phone about his drink.

LOL. Very much enjoyed this post. I see a big red circle on the carpet and a sheepish captain sitting on it saying "what do you mean one minute for each year of my age????#&$!". :p

LOL

There are some pax I have seen who need to be sent there and at least one Captain ......LOL :eek: ;)

Archived