okay or not okay?

ViolaSwamp

Courageously going to stick my camels nose under your tent.So, why be so selective in what rules we elect to abide by ? Smoke anywhere you

want to, carry your guns on-board, travel with the swine flu, plug all of

your carry-on appliances in one outlet in your cabin, allow your 18 year

old to smoke pot and balance themselves on the Lido deck rails. or

if you bought passage and agreed to the "rules" honor them:confused: or don't

pack honor or ethics in your suitcase cause you're on vacation and it

really isn't any of my business...unless of course someone barfs on my

shoes and I must make it my business:eek:

sounds like a great trip, when do we sail?

My advice is she should allow the 19 yr old to find out she can have a good time on a cruise without the need for alcohol.

It will serve her a long way on future cruises.

The last thing in the world I would spend my money on is alcohol. I don't need it to have a good time.

Wait, you can have fun on a cruise without alcohol? Why didn't someone tell me!! Those 'drink of the days' are way overpriced. Thank you so much, you just saved me a ton of money.

Lemur...I think we should let Newt in our "love fest". He seems a strong male figure and I'm sure his wife is cool with that.

I got the Simpsons reference right away but I just read this thread.

My Heathens have had drinks on board and I'm here to tell the tale.

Enjoy your vacation.

what the?:confused:

Does McCarthy's lack of using quotation marks make you want to punch something? :confused:

Yes. It's also why I find Kerouac inscrutable. I like me some proper punctuation. And for what it's worth, I haven't made it through Blood Meridian or The Road. I guess I'm just more of an E.L. Doctorow kinda girl.

Lemur...I think we should let Newt in our "love fest". He seems a strong male figure and I'm sure his wife is cool with that.

I got the Simpsons reference right away but I just read this thread.

My Heathens have had drinks on board and I'm here to tell the tale.

Enjoy your vacation.

They're "Our Heathens" now! *Wipes tear* So proud! So very, very proud!

Yes. It's also why I find Kerouac inscrutable. I like me some proper punctuation. And for what it's worth, I haven't made it through Blood Meridian or The Road. I guess I'm just more of an E.L. Doctorow kinda girl.

Blood Meridian is a tough read fo sure. OP, enjoy your Archie comics. madfist.gif

Everyone likes The Simpsons, not many can quote exact scenes from 1998 verbatum. Do you remember what Mr. Burns told Smithers when Furious George returns all cut up? "Smithers, this monkey is going to need most of your skin."

Oh boy, if I activly used all the brain cells that currently store Simpsons trivia I would really have something..........But obviously I don't have to tell you!

Once you start quoting "See My Vest", the party is ON.

Not the obsessive-compulsive HDB type of Simpsons viewer. They tend to scoff at things like sunlight and hairy chest contests while reading Cormac McCarthy novels and drinking PBR and listening to Animal Collective.

Hey! What's wrong with Animal Collective? (If anything I'm surprised anyone on CC knows who they are.)

My daughter will be 19 when we set sail on our CCL cruise in October (Liberty, Western Caribbean). She will be sailing with me, my sister, and my mother.

I fully intend to allow my daughter to have a glass of champagne or a cocktail or two while we're on board. She is a good kid, has always made excellent choices in terms of the whole sex/drugs/rock-n-roll thing (far better choices than I made as a teen! :eek: :o) - so I see no problems whatsoever in allowing her to enjoy a beverage or two while on this ship with us (the rest of whom are legal).

Okay - so my questions are:

1) I know she can't buy her own drinks. BUT can I order a drink then discreetly transfer it to her? Definitely not advertising the trade off. But are there Carnival alcohol police that might notice a quiet 19-year old enjoying a beverage with her older female relatives?

2) I am planning on packing four bottles of champagne in our carryons, will the screeners give us a hard time because one of our party is 19? (the remaining ages are 25, 30, and 50 so it's not like a huge party crowd) (yes I adopted my daughter, from my husband's first marriage, which explains the fact I did not have her at age 11! :))

And allow me to clarify that DD looks and acts older than 19! She'll be hanging out with us and I'm sure we'll get sillier than she will after booze. :p None of us intend to get smashed or whatever. But as this cruise is partially a belated graduation gift for her, I would like to reward her excellent choices by allowing her to let down her hair a bit while on vacation.

Any thoughts you have on this are welcome. I have my Nomex suit on in case of flames... :p

No Flaming, what you do is your business. Just Be aware that Carnival has the option to put yourself and the underage off the ship with no compensation and no return ticket IF they were to catch you doing this and IF they wanted to exercise this option. ken

Also be aware that most ports that you will be sailing to has a drinking age of 18.

Personally, I never allowed my son to drink on the ship until he was 21....only because I wanted to teach him respect for the law. For me it was all about the principle of character.

Now, when we were in Mexico and he was 18...he would drink a beer....because their law allows it.

Your parenting style sounds just like mine ;)

Hey! What's wrong with Animal Collective? (If anything I'm surprised anyone on CC knows who they are.)

Not my cup of tea. More of a Titus Andronicus type of girl.

(So nice to see another Hipster D-Bag over here, BTW. ;))

Courageously going to stick my camels nose under your tent.So, why be so selective in what rules we elect to abide by ? Smoke anywhere you

Yet you couldn't resist getting your dig in making this about "honor and ethics.":rolleyes:

A woman in my office cruise with a large church group on the Inspiration in January. Some parents let underagers drink. They got rowdy, made a mess and were thrown off at the first port. Banned from Carnival.

As well they should have been - sounds like they were disturbing the peace and safety of the other cruise passengers.

I'm certain my daughter doesn't/wouldn't act like that. :p

Me, on the other hand... :o

(just kidding!)

I am over 21 years of age, so me drinking will be both legal and ethical. I am going to drink 10 mudslides and track down your shoes!!

Archived