For those who have toured with Sylvie

nesheiml

• 3 weeks later...

her email is sylvie.di.cristo@wanadoo.fr

she charges based on number of people -

- For 2 or 3 persons: 150 Euros/PP (in a nice A/C car) please note that we require a minimum of 2 persons to run a private tour.

- For 4, 5 or 6 persons: 100 Euros/PP (in a nice A/C van)

- For 7 or 8 persons: 70 Euros/PP (in a nice A/C van - please note that 8 persons in a large van is our maximum)

She was the best private tour guide we have had so far. Her breath of knowledge, combined with her charm and driving skills (that van for eight is really big!) are unbeatable.

I totally agree with everything you said!!! We enjoyed our time with her so much. Her driving skills were amazing!!:)

We are booked with her in Cannes on July 27-just e-mailing with her, you can tell how nice and professional she is. We are really looking forward to our tour with her.

Question-what did you all tip her, per couple? Thanks!

If I remember correctly each couple threw in an extra 10 Euro on our trip. Worked out to about 10% tip

• 2 weeks later...

Just enjoyed a wonderful day with the charming Sylvie on April 22. Her van is configured 3 in the front including the driver, 3 in the middle and 3 in the back.

We had plenty of room... enjoyed every minute of our tour with her and this most beautiful area of France...must go to see Eze

Merci Sylvie:)

Just got back from the Disney Magic and had a wonderful day with Sylvie. She was able to show us Nice, St. Paul, Eze, Monaco, and Monte Carlo with enough time left for shopping (my mom's request). Despite the full sked, it was a very relaxing trip. She was as friendly and charming as described and as we expected. Her van was quite big, a white Ford. When we were at St. Paul, she was parked in front of a minivan with a Dream Tours sticker and I remember thinking how much bigger our van was. Highly recommend her!

Just got back from the Disney Magic and had a wonderful day with Sylvie. She was able to show us Nice, St. Paul, Eze, Monaco, and Monte Carlo with enough time left for shopping (my mom's request). Despite the full sked, it was a very relaxing trip. She was as friendly and charming as described and as we expected. Her van was quite big, a white Ford. When we were at St. Paul, she was parked in front of a minivan with a Dream Tours sticker and I remember thinking how much bigger our van was. Highly recommend her!

Hi everyone. We are cruising to Monaco in October so it sounds like she could pick us up. With your high recommendations, I would like to see what she has to offer. does she have a web page or what is the name of her company? thank you very much. Jacqui

Hi everyone. We are cruising to Monaco in October so it sounds like she could pick us up. With your high recommendations, I would like to see what she has to offer. does she have a web page or what is the name of her company? thank you very much. Jacqui

Here is her website..tell her Emmy sent you :)

She can come up with whatever you would like to see. I highly recommend seeing the medieval village of Eze though

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/dicristo/

I had booked her a month ago for this fall. She emailed yesterday and told me she has had to raise her rate due to gas prices.

Seems very nice in all her emails and does respond quickly.

I had booked her a month ago for this fall. She emailed yesterday and told me she has had to raise her rate due to gas prices.

Seems very nice in all her emails and does respond quickly.

I am not very thrilled to hear this. We have her booked for October and booked her many months ago. I haven't received this email (yet) but will be disappointed if I do. I believe that when you contract with someone for a certain price then they should be held to providing you with the service for the agreed price. I'll be watching my email for this...

I am not very thrilled to hear this. We have her booked for October and booked her many months ago. I haven't received this email (yet) but will be disappointed if I do. I believe that when you contract with someone for a certain price then they should be held to providing you with the service for the agreed price. I'll be watching my email for this...

the increase was about 10 euros. Not huge. perhaps she will honour your agreement, but with the condition of the euro, let's be honest, your tour is costing a lot less and her gas is costing a lot more.

and her prices were a lot more fair than a lot of places that I researched and her agenda was much nicer

just my thoughts. Jacqui

does Sylvia have a "set" tour or did you know specifically where you wanted to go?

For us since we had not been to this area before I put my trust in Sylvie to show us the best of the area and I was quite pleased at what we saw.

We left Villefranche and drove to Nice where we visited a market and walked around. We then headed to Eze (wow a must see) and she had made reservations at a little creperie called Le Cactus. It is in the mountain village of Eze which is between Nice and MOnaco. It has amazing views of the Mediterranean sea and cliffs from there.

After lunch at the creperie we visited a perfume factory Fragonard and did a short tour of the process to make perfume. I was able to purchase some french perfume and the scent was my name so just had to have it :)

We continued onto Monaco where we saw the palace and went into the church where Princess Grace was married and now buried. They were setting up for the Grand Prix. Everywhere I looked in this area was like looking at a postcard.

My photos of Villefranche and this area of the French riviera start on this link

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2469364920092706180wbHtoD

Here is a photo of the little creperie in Eze..

4628438-A_Sweet_Little_Cafe-Eze.jpg

She sounds wonderful and that is why I booked her. My only concern is that she raised the price after we booked. I agree that once the tour has been booked/contract filled out that is a set price. And it is 10 euros EACH not the whole tour.

cbowler I had emailed her to confirm all is well and update her on how many I had signed up. In her response was where she told me the increase. I agree once it is booked that is the price. Have never come across this in any of our tours.

Please understand I do believe she would have come through with a wonderful tour. I am in no way saying anything bad about that.

I did change to another company since I didnt want to take the chance of meeting up with her and she saying the price went up again.

I thought with the Euro heading south that tour operators would start quoting prices in dollars but to outright raise prices on tours already booked is just wrong. I would cancel too if that were the case. We have Sylvie booked this summer and haven't received an email yet...

Archived