Shore excursion cancellation policy

Hi everybody,

I am looking forward to my cruise on the Serenade of the Seas in less than two weeks time.

My last cruise was with Norwegian Cruise Line, where it was possible to cancel shore excursions up to 48 hours without any costs.

Can anyone help me if RCCL has similar regulations? What if I need or want to cancel one of their excursions?

Thank you for your help!

Christian

You can cancel up to 4 days before online and then it will be refunded to the credit card you used to book it. After that you need to wait until you are onboard and then it is 24 hours before and those refunds will be put on your seapass account.

24 hours if the official cut off on board. But they may let you to cancel with less than 24 hours to go if someone else wants your place. On a recent cruise the excursion we wanted was full. However, we were told they would put us on a waiting list and would give us a call right up to an hour before the start of the excursion if somebody cancelled. We got that call just before 11pm the night before.

Of course this isn't in the T&C's and all depends on how helpful the excursions desk are feeling :)

• 5 years later...
Does anyone know Royal Caribbean's current excursion cancellation policy?

You must cancel 72 hours before the cruise to get a credit to your credit card. Once on the ship, you must cancel 24 hours in advance to get OBC.

You must cancel 72 hours before the cruise to get a credit to your credit card. Once on the ship, you must cancel 24 hours in advance to get OBC.

Most RCI excursions you're correct is 24 hours prior to "departure" time for that particular excursion...however don't assume it's that same time frame for "every" excursion...some differ and can be 48 hrs. So best to always check each excursion for their cancel policy when you book. Just an FYI we have personally noted ;)

What if weather e.g a cyclone or such, and the excursion is cancelled? Do you get the money credited to your onboard account?

Yes, you get OBC if the excursion is cancelled for any reason.

What if weather e.g a cyclone or such, and the excursion is cancelled? Do you get the money credited to your onboard account?

Yes, I got a refund 7 hours before my excursion was canceled because I was the only one signed up.

• 2 months later...