Sorry - Another Gratuities Question

taxmantoo

Considering booking a cruise on Celebrity and am a bit confused by their automatic gratuities policy. We are used to having tips automatically billed to our onboard account and are quite OK with that method.

However, I read on the Celebrity site that if we select "Celebrity Select Dining", their version of anytime or as you wish dining ...

Due to the open nature of Celebrity Select Dining, a prepaid gratuity is required when choosing this option and will be included in your reservation.

Is this in addition to the $15 per person per day already billed to the onboard account and what is the amount of this prepaid gratuity?

Considering booking a cruise on Celebrity and am a bit confused by their automatic gratuities policy. We are used to having tips automatically billed to our onboard account and are quite OK with that method.

However, I read on the Celebrity site that if we select "Celebrity Select Dining", their version of anytime or as you wish dining ...

Due to the open nature of Celebrity Select Dining, a prepaid gratuity is required when choosing this option and will be included in your reservation.

Is this in addition to the $15 per person per day already billed to the onboard account and what is the amount of this prepaid gratuity?

The prepaid gratuity is the same as those paid on board depending on your cabin category. That is your total obligation for gratuities, it is just paid for prior to getting on the ship....

You are used to having tips automatically billed to your onboard account, but you have the option to take them off if you wish.

If you chose select dining, you have to pay your tips up front and don't have the option to take them off your shipboard account. It's the same as your prepaid gratuity, not in addition.

Sorry, I am going to ask/restate it a different way to clarify for myself (we are in the same spot).

They charged us $84 p/p and that is not removable (we wouldn't have) and they will not be putting anymore on our shipboard bill?

This $84 is not removable even though it is the total of a weeks gratuities- stewards, etc and not just dining?

We're on the waiting list for assigned dining but I like to know the ins and outs.

Thanks!

Archived