Celebrity CENTURY request for comments

CCruiser1234

Hello all,

My wife & I are going on Century in a week or so (3 Apr). I'd really appreciate any comments you can offer..especially the service. I have read elsewhere on Cruise Critic that, while the ship is beautiful (given her recent refurbishment), the crew especially in the main dining room seem to be standoffish.

For anyone that comments here, please talk about cabins (anyone stay in Concierge Class?);and membership perks (We are Diamond with RCCL, so are wondering what the 'Elite' treatment is); Is there any free entrance/membership to the Spa area?; and any other comments you care to make.

Thanks!

Edited by bob221b1

We took Century thru Scandinavia last summer. It was the absolute best cruise we have ever had. I don't think the experience will ever be repeated.

We are Elite and the Captain's Club Host was superb. We were invited to all the behind the scenes tours. It was my first time in the Engine Room area. Being in the Bridge when leaving the port of Stockholm was a thrill- (watching the little boats, sea-doos, etc darting in the path of a ship seemed like a death wish!)

We were invited to dine with the Staff Captain Kloussis and had a wonderful evening - thankfully a tumbler of ouzo before dinner hasn't become my new appetizer!! All the staff was great. The Michael's Club for Elite members in the evening was well done. One evening, we were treated to a cheese plate from the Specialty Restaurant.

I have been spoiled! (More, pleeez!:D)

We have sailed 5 times on Century and are going for a 6th time in a few weeks. Most recently, we did a back to back in Dec 09. In general, the service was wonderful and there were more than a few exceptional people taking care of us. We enjoyed the entertainment; great cast in the production shows.

The Captain's Club host was Chandru and he was fabulous. He learned our names right away, greeted us warmly at all events and saw to it that we got the Elite treatment. I don't know if he is still there now, but even if not, you're in for a great time enjoying the Elite perks: Michaels Club in the morning for specialty coffees and afternoons for drinks, backstage tour, bridge tour, wine seminar, free internet package, free laundry, etc.

We did a Solstice cruise 3 weeks after departing Century, and, in all honesty, I have to say we liked Century better. For our particular area of the dining room, we found Solstice wait staff was not as polished and professional as Century, and the service suffered as a result. Similarly, our cabin attendant on Century was readily available when we needed him, much more than on Solstice. For me, Century has a more intimate feel, and I think its not just the size difference, but the warm character of its traditional decor compared to Solstice's contemporary look.

By the way, we carried on 2 bottles of wine with no problems. But we ended up not drinking it since we had drinks in Michaels.

Enjoy your cruise and keep the ship in good shape for us.

We just got off the ship this morning. Ti-Ann is the current hostess she was wonderful. She made a major effort to get to know everyone and make sure everything was going well with the cruise.

Our wait staff was very good.

1st sea day

Double jackpot at sea not sure what this was - we didn't go

Lunch

Chardonnay Blending Seminar

Bridge tour

Michael's club *morning & evening - the drinks were on the heavy side.

We were invited to dine with the Staff Captain for dinner. (The staff captain & the captain trade off hosting each cruise - I believe the captain was signing off after this cruise and a new one was coming on) Several others had late dinner w/ the hotel director.

Grand Cayman - priority tender tickets - due to weather we ended up in the far bay - $5pp taxi ride each way to get to Georgetown.

2nd sea day

backstage tour of the theatre

elegant tea

Last morning

Private departure lounge

- this morning was one of the smoothest disembarkations we've had.

A discount for booking a Galapagos trip.

Spa- you get a 10% off coupon and a pass for the Persian garden for one port day.

Free dry cleaning of one item (we sent our things out the first day and had them back for formal night the next night)

90 min internet package - if you give them the coupon the first day (at least on our sailing) they were running an 15% more special if you purchased a package. They gave us the extra, even with the coupon. Not sure if this was normal. We didn't go through the entire time anyway. The computer attendants tend to hover - but I think they are used to guests that are less than comfortable with computers.

Edited by MonDreamr1

We just got off the ship this morning. Ti-Ann is the current hostess she was wonderful. She made a major effort to get to know everyone and make sure everything was going well with the cruise.

1st sea day

Lunch

Bridge tour

We were invited to dine with the Staff Captain for dinner. (The staff captain & the captain trade off hosting each cruise - I believe the captain was signing off after this cruise and a new one was coming on) Several others had late dinner w/ the hotel director.

Grand Cayman - priority tender tickets - due to weather we ended up in the far bay - $5pp taxi ride each way to get to Georgetown.

2nd sea day

elegant tea

Last morning

Private departure lounge

Spa- you get a 10% off coupon and a pass for the Persian garden for one port day.

Free dry cleaning of one item (we sent our things out the first day and had them back for formal night the next night)

90 min internet package - if you give them the coupon the first day (at least on our sailing) they were running an 15% more special if you purchased a package. They gave us the extra, even with the coupon. Not sure if this was normal. We didn't go through the entire time anyway. The computer attendants tend to hover - but I think they are used to guests that are less than comfortable with computers.

Which of these extras were for Select members also? Thanks.

I will second the 'we liked century better the solistice class ship" we really enjoyed our trip on the Solistice but i guess I expected them to top the experience we had on the Century and it just wasn't to be done. We are platinum on rccl so we tranferred over to Celebrity as Select..we booked a CC cabin which is small but we've never been treated SO SPecial ON any crUISE we've been on. When the Navigator was still a 7nt ship we booked it to renew our vows and paid for vow renewal, romanace pkg. etc. that cruise was wonderful and I though it could NeVer be topped but.. the Century cruise is my favorite to date. The night we went to the speciality dining we happened to be the highest ranking passengers dining in there on that night. i was so wowed by the service and extra attention we got and we got the best table in the house..my teenagers were even amazed and we all cruise fairly often..I love the sorbet by the pool and the cold juice and cloths as you reboard the ship..they did not do sorbet on the solistice by the pool. YOU wiLL not BE DISAPPOInteD!

We were on the Century last summer and really enjoyed it. We took her to the Arctic Circle and we had a wonderful time. We had booked a sky suite because we knew that the scenery was going to be breathtaking and we weren't disappointed! In fact because we were Elite members the Captain was nice enough to allow us to go out on the bow to view the glaciers! They served us champagne and everything out there and that was something we will never forget. The Michael's Club set up for Elite members was amazing. You will really enjoy yourselves and I have to warn you may never go back to RCCL!!! We haven't been back since we started enjoying X! The only thing I would caution you on is bringing the wine on board. We have never had a problem but apparently another cruise critic member just got off of her yesterday and had a problem at the Port of Miami. I called X and they said it was not their policy and the only explanation they could offer is it is something that the Port of Miami is implementing. They suggested that I call the Port of Miami and see what's up and I would suggest you do the same because if they confiscate it and they leave it in port, it will be ruined because it is getting rather warm down here already! Hope this helps and have a great time!

Linda

Hello all,

My wife & I are going on Century in a week or so (3 Apr). I'd really appreciate any comments you can offer..especially the service. I have read elsewhere on Cruise Critic that, while the ship is beautiful (given her recent refurbishment), the crew especially in the main dining room seem to be standoffish.

For anyone that comments here, please talk about cabins (anyone stay in Concierge Class?);and membership perks (We are Diamond with RCCL, so are wondering what the 'Elite' treatment is); Is there any free entrance/membership to the Spa area?; and any other comments you care to make.

Thanks!

Century is a beautiful ship and the crew is most anxious to please...we just got off last Saturday and have to say that our staff in the dining room were top notch...they couldn't do enough for you...very polite, very helpful, very much missed

1st sea day

Lunch

Bridge tour

2nd sea day

elegant tea

Last morning

Private departure lounge

Ti-Ann is wonderful, your comment about her is on the mark. My waiter was reserved and efficient. We also needed to dock at Far Bay, but the transportation to Georgetwon was provided by Celebrity at no charge. Wonderful cruise!

Can't say enough about the Century. Very clean ship, well cared for and attended to. Staff is beyond courteous, polite, friendly and professional. Dining staff in MDR beyond compare, though our favorite waiter, we learned has moved to Canada...

We be very eager to compare Century to the Solstice which we'll be on 4/11...

Ti-Ann is wonderful, your comment about her is on the mark. My waiter was reserved and efficient. We also needed to dock at Far Bay, but the transportation to Georgetwon was provided by Celebrity at no charge. Wonderful cruise!

Lucky, we got stuck with the taxis. Were you on a shore excursion?

Which of these extras were for Select members also? Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure if this is everything

The chardonnay blending seminar

The theatre backstage tour

The captain's club lunch

25% off an internet package

pressing of 2 items

priority embarkation

I'm not sure what the coupons are for onboard.

Lucky, we got stuck with the taxis. Were you on a shore excursion?

No,not on a shore excursion. We were directed to the buses when we were walking toward the street. I understand that the buses cost Celebrity $17000. People in the Carnival line were quite angry when we saw them on our return. They were left completely on their own.

No,not on a shore excursion. We were directed to the buses when we were walking toward the street. I understand that the buses cost Celebrity $17000. People in the Carnival line were quite angry when we saw them on our return. They were left completely on their own.

The people in the Carnival line weren't happy when we were there either, their line snaked out of the fence and into the parking lot area. NCL wasn't much better.

• 6 years later...
Hello all,

Thanks!

Unlikely that anyone still subscribes to this thread, but we are hooked on Celebrity now [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk