Order liquor online or on ship???

Crusin-Suzan

Would like recent information about ordering a bottle of liquor for the room. What is the best way online or wait until you are on the ship? Is it a liter size bottle? Is the price the same? We will be sailing out of Rotterdam. Thanks Sue

Sue, the list is quite extensive now on line. go to onboard gifts and click on beverages. I like ordering ahead of time. If you ask it to be delivered to the cabin once you are at sea, there is no tax. It is a litre bottle. No difference in price, just depends on when you want to pay. Ordering in advance gets in to your room in a much more timely manner. hope this helps. Jacqui

Sue, the list is quite extensive now on line. go to onboard gifts and click on beverages. I like ordering ahead of time. If you ask it to be delivered to the cabin once you are at sea, there is no tax. It is a litre bottle. No difference in price, just depends on when you want to pay. Ordering in advance gets in to your room in a much more timely manner. hope this helps. Jacqui

All I see are lots of wines -- no vodka, etc.

Where do you see vodka, etc?

Last time I ordered, I requested to have the bottle delivered when "at sea" to avoid the extra port taxes. It was waiting in my cabin when I got onboard.

I don't know how often HAL adjusts their pricing. I placed my order not long after I booked just in case the price increased closer to sail date.

It is a liter bottle. We have never been charged any tax no matter when it was delivered to the cabin or whatever port we have sailed from. Have been doing this for several years now.

You must be someone special as we have ordered 2 bottles for delivery in the room in Ft Lauderdale in Apr. and sales tax was added. Should have ordered it for at sea. But difference was not enough to deter our 1st evening cocktail before dressing for dinner. Takes the edge off before hitting the martini bar.

You must be someone special as we have ordered 2 bottles for delivery in the room in Ft Lauderdale in Apr. and sales tax was added. Should have ordered it for at sea. But difference was not enough to deter our 1st evening cocktail before dressing for dinner. Takes the edge off before hitting the martini bar.

Believe me -- we aren't any one special. We order vis telephone. Don;t know if that makes a difference. No one has ever asked us when we wanted it delivered.

Others get cakes, cards, flowers from HAL on their birthdays and anniversaries while cruising. We can't even get that. Yet our TA has informed Seattle of these special ocassions.

I usually order on the ship, unfortunately they do not have Johnnie Walker Black, only Red

What do they have for single malt as never been on HAL. Couldn't get SM delivered to my room last Carnival cruise but Cutty Sark and soda water is what Carnival did have both of which make me:eek::eek:

Price list that you can either order from Ship Services (1-800-541-1576) or from room service when you get on the ship.

Note: 15% gratuity included:

Alcohol and Spirits -- the Alcohol bottles are 1 liter size.

VODKA: CHOPIN $70.15

VODKA: STOLICHNAYA $29.90

VODKA: ABSOLUT – CITRON $32.20

VODKA: SMIRNOFF $27.60

VODKA: SKYY $28.75

VODKA: ABSOLUT $32.20

VODKA: GREY GOOSE $69.00

VODKA: FINLANDIA $29.90

VODKA: BELVEDERE $70.15

VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING $35.65

Kahlua $36.80

Vodka & Tonic Package $34.50

One bottle of Smirnoff or Stolichnaya, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

Bourbon & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Jim Beam, 3 Cans of Coke

Rum & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Bacardi, 3 cans of Coke

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM no price found

SHERRY: TIO PEPE $57.50

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD $34.50

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS $93.15

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP $97.75

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO $225.40

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON $42.55

Cutty Sark $32.20

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB $32.20

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O. $29.90

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL $42.55

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7 $29.90

Scotch & Soda Package $36.80

One bottle of Cutty Sark, 3 Cans of Soda Water

Gin & Tonic Package $36.80

One bottle Beefeaters Gin, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

6-pack Bud Light domestic beer no price found

6-pack Miller Lite domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Amstel Light imported beer $23.00

6-pack Corona imported beer $23.00

6-pack Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Heineken imported beers $23.00

Sherry Harvey's Med - $57.50

6pack (Domestic) Budweiser, Bud Light - $21.85

3 X soft drinks (any soda) - $4.89

All minibar Liquor Items, each - $5.69

Missed Whiskey/Scotch:

Jim Beam - $34.50

J&B Rare, Johnnie Walker Red - $36.80

Ballentine's - $40.25

Dewars - $48.30

Jack Daniels - $55.20

Chivas Regal (12yrs) - $66.70

Johnnie Walker Black - $77.05

GIN:

Beefeater - $32.20

Tanqueray - $41.40

Bombay Sapphire - $42.55

LIQUEURS:

Kahlua, Southern Comfort - $36.80

Bailey's Irish Cream - $46.00

Sambuca (Opal Nera Black) - $47.15

Tia Maria - $49.45

Amaretto - $51.75

Cointreau - $55.20

Drambuie - $58.65

Grand Marnier - $74.75

RUM:

Myers - $32.20

Bacardi Gold - $34.50

Bacardi White - $35.65

we have ordered our liquor our cruise on the Zaandam next and it has been billed to us and paid $64.40. It will in our cabin the day we board the ship. Bring your receipt just in case you have to enquire about it to be safe.

By the way, Boyjie, please read the thread about negativity. No need to insult me.

I would suggest you read it too. :rolleyes:

No wait, you posted there!

'Those of us who like HAL live with their policies...'

I guess only those policies you like, the liquor policy you defy.

we have ordered our liquor our cruise on the Zaandam next and it has been billed to us and paid $64.40. It will in our cabin the day we board the ship. Bring your receipt just in case you have to enquire about it to be safe.

I take the e-mail conformation as well as a copy of the credit card statement.

We did have a problem one time -- took a couple of days to get it straightened out.

many guests including myself bring some for use in our cabin. It's good that you don't and follow all their rules, even suggested ones. That way you enjoy the cruise as you like and I will enjoy it as I like. Having read many of your comments, it seems you only take RSVP, etc. cruises and I am sure no one on those cruises ever disobeys any rule.

many guests including myself bring some for use in our cabin. It's good that you don't and follow all their rules, even suggested ones. That way you enjoy the cruise as you like and I will enjoy it as I like. Having read many of your comments, it seems you only take RSVP, etc. cruises and I am sure no one on those cruises ever disobeys any rule.

Since some of you smuggle alcohol on board -- and HAL does read these threads -- I hope they HAL scan your luggage more closely and call you to the front office to have your luggage opened and confiscate what you have smuggled on.

I am not usually on someone's case -- but you keep mentioning this.

You are just going to make it difficult for those of who don't smuggle alcohol on board and have no problem with paying the price to have a bottle or two delivered to our cabins.

Keep it up and some of us will lose that as well!!

You think the prices on the ship are high, you should try buying liquor in Canada if you want to know what high is.

I know what you mean -- PA -- all Liquor Controlled Shops -- can't buy alcohol on grocery stores!!

Our prices are high!! We still have taxes on alcohol to pay for the 1936 Johnstown Flood!!

Our prices for alcohol are for fifths!! -- and only barely lower than HAL's liters.

Since HAL knows many passengers bring liquor on board and don't abuse it, they also know that those people are also very good customers at their bars and probably by more than the average passenger. So why single out one or two and have a naughty room like NCL and lose future business. Just because I don't want to pay 3X the bottle cost to have a drink in my cabin doesn't make me a criminal. It makes me a profit center for HAL.

• 1 month later...

I am on my first HAL cruise in November. Does alcohol bought on board add to your dollars spent in terms of adding mariner days? If you buy your alcohol and wine as onboard gifts, don't you loose this opportunity? I am on a 28 day cruise, and I can see that my alcohol purchases, if made on board, if they count, could add a couple of days. Am I on the right track?

Archived