How easy is it to change MDR seating time

Hi all

A group of 8 of us including a 15 month old child and 5 year old are sailing on the Explorer this August. Unfortunately our TA could not get us the 1st seating as it was booked up. Same thing with My Time dining too. Naturally the 2nd seating is a tad too late for the little ones and the elderly folks.

How receptable are RCL in changing the seating time once aboard. Should we phone up RCL? Or should we see the Maitre 'D as soon as board?

Just curious if anyone has experienced the same thing...

If early seating is full at the time you board they won't be able to change your seating. Same with My Time Dining. You might get lucky once on board so I would surely ask anyway. You won't be able to call since you booked with a TA. The cruise line will only talk to your agent.

Your other option is dining in the Windjammer for dinner. We actually enjoy doing that a few times during our cruise.

Good luck!

You should be able to be put on a waitlist now, but odds are, you will have to work with the maitre'd when you board to switch. You'll probably want to make sure you do this first thing AND be prepared for him to tell you that it may take a day or two to find you a table.

Are you on a waitlist? I have been sucessful in changing seating times this way. I called RCI and although my preferred dining time wasn't available at the time of booking they put me on the waitlist. I didn't have to wait long, I kept checking my booking online and it was changed within a few days.

Make sure to get on a waitlist now. I've found the RCI slowly releases their dining into the system as the sail date gets closer. Since you aren't sailing until August I would say you should get what yuo want before then.

If all else fails, see the maitre'd on boarding.

Archived