Help! Temperature in public rooms

Carol28

Some ships are pretty cold in the public rooms. Can anyone tell me if HAL Eurodam is one of them? I'm in the midst of packing; I always get cold; I will pack accordingly. However, should I take a REALLY heavy sweater or just a regular sweater to walk around on board?

Hope someone can tell me soon. We're on our way in 26 hours.

We were on the Westerdam a couple of weeks ago and the public areas seemed to be pretty good temperature-wise. I was wearing short sleeves most of the time and was generally comfortable. The 2nd formal night it seemed a little cool in the theatre but I was wearing a long sleeved jersey jacket and was fine.

The temperature in our cabin was set at 72 which seemed just right.

My wife and I also find dining rooms and show lounges on most ships to be on the cool side.

I always pack a cardigan sweater or two, and she usually takes a "pashima" or other cover-up.

Standard weight sweater works for me.

If you eat early the dining room will be chilly (IMO) when you first go in, but will become more comfortable as the room fills with people and activity. If you eat late you may find the room comfortable at first and a little warm by the end.

I found on Oosterdam that the theater had temperature zones. As I entered on Deck 2, it was comfortable. But as I walked down the steps, it got colder and colder. So I always took a shawl or sweater. Otherwise, I was comfortable. EM

I am another who gets cold :) so IMHO you could take a regular cardigan and a pashmina-style wrap, and layer as required. Or wait till you're onboard for the wrap -- the shops sell acrylic wraps that are inexpensive and functional. My wardrobe is about layers. :)

I found on Oosterdam that the theater had temperature zones. As I entered on Deck 2, it was comfortable. But as I walked down the steps, it got colder and colder. So I always took a shawl or sweater. Otherwise, I was comfortable. EM
That's at least partially because heat rises and cold air sinks. The balcony is warmer than deck 2 seats.

Archived