Did you book late???

siestakeys04

No problems. I know people who booked the morning of the cruise. RCL I was not on the manifest, so I had to leave my sister with the check in type luggage, check in to prove to the porter I was really on the ship, back to the luggage back to the porter with my ship's card, check in the luggage, back to check in my sister.

I also booked 3 days before a Carnival cruise during the flu crises.

If you are leaving on a Sunday, you have to book by Saturday afternoon, cant be done Sunday morning, so it depends on when the ship leaves how late you can book.

Someone always posts the rumor that you have to book 48 hours or 72 hours before a cruise since 9/11. Not true, no matter which # of hours they post. The last manifest goes in 90 minutes before the ship leaves..

... just thought Id dispell this rumor which someone always says they read or heard, even though of course they cant provide any links to the information ...its not true.

Closest that I have booked was two weeks out, 1A gty cabin. Ended up in an Ocean View in a great location. So it worked out very good for me.

Met some folks on my last Triumph cruise from New Orleans that had called Carnival and booked that morning. They told me that they do this when ever the urge to take a getaway cruise just gets to strong to not go. They don't care what kind of cabin they get or where the boat is going, just got to be on a boat going somewhere. This was their 7th cruise on the Triumph from when it came to New Orleans. Very happy folks.

How late have you ever booked a cruise? I may have to book a week before we leave, what has been your experience with this?

Unless you live within driving distance to the pier, you're going to pay a huge amount for airfare only booking a week out. You will also only have the leftover cabins, ones that no one else wanted, so just be aware of the negatives.

If you book the morning of the cruise, you must do it by phone with cruise line...You cannot just show up at the port and buy an empty cabin. Folks at the port do not have the capability of selling you a cruise. EM

Archived