The Non Formal Nights Attire

sealady1

Hello Everyone,

There are several threads on these boards about formal nights. My husband and I want to have the traditional cruise experience so we plan to participate and we look forward to dressing up. My question is what about the other nights? What would be appropriate attire for the MDR? I was thinking about either a skirt and a top or pair of dress pants and a blouse and for my husband, a polo shirt and a pair of dockers. Is this okay?

Thank you.

I was thinking about either a skirt and a top or pair of dress pants and a blouse and for my husband, a polo shirt and a pair of dockers. Is this okay?

Thank you.

That's fine. The only thing HAL says about non-formal nights is

T-shirts, swimsuits, tank tops and shorts are not allowed in the restaurants or public areas during the evening hours.

Hello Everyone,

There are several threads on these boards about formal nights. My husband and I want to have the traditional cruise experience so we plan to participate and we look forward to dressing up. My question is what about the other nights? What would be appropriate attire for the MDR? I was thinking about either a skirt and a top or pair of dress pants and a blouse and for my husband, a polo shirt and a pair of dockers. Is this okay?

Thank you.

That would fit in very nicely. You may want to take along a sweater/blazer for both you and your husband as the air conditioning sometimes borders on the glacial side.

we're 43 and 47. DH wears khakis and button down long sleeve shirt at night. if we're eating in the MDR for lunch it is khakis and polo shirt. our 3 yr old DS wears the same as his dad. I usually wear a sun dress with heels. business casual is fine too. yes, bring a shawl or sweater. MDR tends to be a bit chilly. have a great time and as long as you're comfortable, you're fine.

...and for my husband, a polo shirt and a pair of dockers. Is this okay?

Thank you.

It's Okay - but a dress shirt, slacks and blazer would be better.

When in doubt, look at the brochures and see what the folks are wearing on the photos - That's the best indication of what is most appropriate for the line.

...here we go again.

I think your reply is what was meant by the "negativity" that was the subject of another thread. I believe my question was a legitimate one and I was hoping for helpful answers, not sarcasm. I am just glad that there enough people out there that are willing to offer their advice to those of us who are new to cruising regardless of whether or not our questions may or may not have been asked before or how ridiculous it sounds. To those of you who have been kind enough to reply to my question with good suggestions, I thank you.

I think your reply is what was meant by the "negativity" that was the subject of another thread. I believe my question was a legitimate one and I was hoping for helpful answers, not sarcasm. I am just glad that there enough people out there that are willing to offer their advice to those of us who are new to cruising regardless of whether or not our questions may or may not have been asked before or how ridiculous it sounds. To those of you who have been kind enough to reply to my question with good suggestions, I thank you.

There are five threads regarding clothing on the first two pages of the HAL boards. The HAL website also gives us all the info we need regarding what to wear on HAL.

Hang around the HAL boards for awhile and I trust that one day you too will agree-`here we go again`.

Rich

Archived