Any bad situations with Randi's Happy Horses?

wendyparmer

DH and I have done Randi's ride at least four times, maybe more...memory isn't what it use to be. I do see the opportunity for confusion with meeting up in the morning. She does try very hard to find you with signs but still sometimes people don't realize they must walk thru the store bldg and onto the outdoor patio area to find her. Also, she is very prompt so if you try to arrive 1/2 hr late, she will be gone. The excursion is fantastic, horses are well mannered and healthy. LOVE the shrimp at Victors....bring your swimsuits for a dip in the ocean after lunch. We always have a blast every time we go. If anyone wants more details, feel free to email me. If you go, tell her walkie talkie Chuck and Lynne say hi! HAPPY SAILING!

She includes your first soda or beer but lunch

is on you. The lunch prices are very..very reasonable..

you get a very big plate of good food.

Get to eat there again in 9 days after I ride with Randi..

CAN'T WAIT!

Glad to find you here,Belle...and glad to see that you are soon cruising. We will do the Mex Riv. in March. No horses for me,though!!!!!

I finally gave up on the LBYC thread. There are too many people and I can't possibly keep up! However....my weight is not too bad. I am down from last year...so that is a good thing!

Have fun...take care

We love her. My girls and I have been riding with Randi for years. We cruise every spring break.We always book a trip with Randi.We would not have it any other way. They are 7 and 9.They started riding at 4 and 6....We love her

Just booked with Randis on the weekend for Feb 10th and she told me that we take the tram for 5 minutes to get to her place and to watch for Pink signs. She did not mention picking us up at the pier????? We are on Mercury in at 7am and the Pride docking at 9am. She is taking the Mercury Group and her associate is waiting for those from the Pride. Who can tell me about the Tram???

MortgageChick!!!

Where the ship docks, the area is closed off except to workers and passengers. They have trams which you jump on and they take you over to the terminal across the storage lot. You then walk out the gate into the terminal area, where there are shops, tons of vendors, path to taxis, tours, buses. Randi will be standing right inside the terminal where you get off the tram. After she gathers up her riders, she has one or two pickup taxis take you to the water taxi pier to Stone Island. You then take one of these over to the Island. Randi takes care of all of this. Once you arrive, you will get on a tractor, trailor for the short ride to the horses, where you are fitted to a horse, leave all your extras (take your camera), her crew will watch your stuff and bring it to Victors when the ride is finished. After you ride you will end up at Victors Resturant for lunch or a snack and have an hour or so to rest, walk the beach, or whatever.

She then reverses the arrival steps to get you back to the ship. You can request being dropped off in the Golden Zone or Old Mazatlan for shopping. The shops outside the terminal are pretty good and not too bad on prices.

There are some photos on this site from our Feb Pride trip and Randi's ride:

http://photosite.com/jquinn/mexico_2004_cruise

My sister and I took a trip with Randi in August. The horses were wondeful and the view while riding is breathtaking. We had about 12 or so people in our group and we had all levels of riding experience. There were two people who seemed to have more trouble and Maria and Tony took turns riding with them while the other stayed toward the front with the more experienced. After the ride the people who were always behined claimed to have enjoyed themselves and were proud of themselves for going so you might want to mention that to your husband. My sister and I weren't interested in hanging around Victors so Randi got us a taxi, gave us our boat tickets and we were able to leave around noon. (We had to pay for the taxi to the boats and from the boat to the ship. Only a 2 and then a 3 dollar cab ride.) We don't like sea food so Victors shrimp didn't appeal to us.

Miss you on the board..you know what you do?

Just come in and talk to me!

Yes cruising Jan. 16th. Have 17 going..16 on

Randi's ride. My 3rd time. Your not going riding?

You should it's fun. Or you can just take transportion there.

See a different part of Mexico. Not the busy town of Maz.

Hope to see you again. Have fun on your cruise.

We just returned from riding with Randi, and everything was perfect. She even emailed us twice at the last minute.

Before I went I was worried about how we would hook up with her, but it is all very simple.

In that port you dock at a commercial port which is several hundred yards from the visitor center. Everyone getting off the ship gets on a free tram that takes you to the visitor center (it only takes 1 or 2 minutes). Randi meets you at the visitor center, since no local people are allowed to come to the ship itself.

She is very laid back, and you wait with her and one of the people who works with her until they round up everyone that is going. Just look for someone holding up a pink sign that says Randi's, or ask the people running the trams -- they know who Randi is.

Then she puts everyone on a little shuttle that takes you about a quarter mile to a water taxi that takes you to the island (it is actually now a peninsula that is connected to the mainland). There, a tractor with a trailer in the back shuttles you over to the farm. Yes, by the time you get to the horses, you will have been on a tram, a shuttle, a water taxi, and a tractor, but it doesn't take long and it is all fun.

Then you ride on the horses through the cocoanut farm and out to the beach, then circle back to Victor's restaurant. At that point you are done with the horses, and the group spends some time at the restaurant. You can either eat or simply sit there and chat with Randi as she regales the group.

We did not want to eat there, so she arranged an open air taxi to take us back to the water taxi. The rest of the people went back as a group a little later.

Don't be worried about the logistics or about Randi coming through. It will all work out, and she will be looking for you, and it is great fun

I really enjoyed my excursion with Randi. We were there last week.

I've done horseback riding in Ocho Rios but Randi's horses were MUCH

healthier. This tour was great because I actually got to gallop

my horse on the beach. All the other tours I've been on you only

walk. Wow, did it feel great to go for a run on the beach. Perfect

weather, perfect scenery. It felt like I was in a dream. My horse

wanted to be in front along with acouple of his buddies. We would get

ahead of the group and then turn around to catch up with those

behind us. Then, we would go for another run. I kept thinking

we would get yelled at but we didn't. Sorry, Randi if we weren't

supposed to do this but that is exactly why I chose your tour.

My boyfriend and I are highly recomending your tour and are telling

everyone we know. I hope you'll let us come back the next time

we're in Mazatlan.

Anita and Moses.

Anyone ride with Randi in June? I am wondering how the weather was.:rolleyes:

We rode with Randi last July. It was humid but not too bad since we were right on the ocean. I wore shorts and sandals. My kids are tennis shoes. The horses have blankets on them so your legs don't rub against the horses.

It was a GREAT experience although my tush hurt for a day or so too.

We rode with Randi last July. It was humid but not too bad since we were right on the ocean. I wore shorts and sandals. My kids are tennis shoes. The horses have blankets on them so your legs don't rub against the horses.

It was a GREAT experience although my tush hurt for a day or so too.

How old are your kids? Did their horses try to bolt once they got to the beach? Did the guides stay near them just in case? We are taking our 8 and 11 year old in March with Randi.

Archived