What Ships Will be Disembarking on Apr. 11?

I am leaving for the IOS 8-day cruise from Fort Lauderdale Saturday. Is there an easy way to find out how many other ships will be disembarking with us on April 11? I'm wondering how bad it will be trying to get a shuttle to the airport for a family of 6.

I am leaving for the IOS 8-day cruise from Fort Lauderdale Saturday. Is there an easy way to find out how many other ships will be disembarking with us on April 11? I'm wondering how bad it will be trying to get a shuttle to the airport for a family of 6.

I posted that in the roll call, using the site august recommended. It may or may not be accurate. At least Oasis will not be disembarking with us.

If you have any worries, just do early disembark and carry off your own luggage. Once debarkation is in full swing, it's a crapshoot.

Ships in port when we return:

Celebrity Solstice, Emerald Princess

btw we are 5 and we take 2 cabs, should be about $12.50 each cab for the trip from the airport to the port. Someone on the roll call recommended All Star shuttle service they are $54.50 plus tip each way for 6. you can get a quick quote online. http://www.allstarstransportation.com/

Getting off the ship isn't a problem, getting a taxi is. It didn't take us long to get off the ship but we waited in line over an hour to get a taxi. We left the ship at 9am and didn't get to FLL until 10:45am. Do yourself a HUGE favor and pre-arrange a shuttle. Have a great time!

I posted that in the roll call, using the site august recommended. It may or may not be accurate. At least Oasis will not be disembarking with us.

If you have any worries, just do early disembark and carry off your own luggage. Once debarkation is in full swing, it's a crapshoot.

Ships in port when we return:

Celebrity Solstice, Emerald Princess

btw we are 5 and we take 2 cabs, should be about $12.50 each cab for the trip from the airport to the port. Someone on the roll call recommended All Star shuttle service they are $54.50 plus tip each way for 6. you can get a quick quote online. http://www.allstarstransportation.com/

Thanks, I reposted the info at the Roll Call today, so it is easier to find.

Is that $12.50 per cab, or per person? We can easily do 2 cabs if it is $12.50 per cab. If it is $12.50 per person, then I will call All Star. We do not fly out until 1:30pm, so we can either wait at the ship, or the airport.

Holland America's Statendam should also be there on the 11th. The Independence is usually the last ship to dock between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m., so they are the last to start disembarking. You are only about a 2 mile drive to the airport from the cruise terminal. On Saturdays, there have been 25,000 +/- passengers getting off ships and the same number getting on. On Sunday the 11th there will be around half that amount of passenger turnover. It shouldn't be that bad.

Thanks, I reposted the info at the Roll Call today, so it is easier to find.

Is that $12.50 per cab, or per person? We can easily do 2 cabs if it is $12.50 per cab. If it is $12.50 per person, then I will call All Star. We do not fly out until 1:30pm, so we can either wait at the ship, or the airport.

It is per cab. I think it's $2.50 for the first 1/6 mile plus $10 minimum for trips originating from FLL according to the taxi rates I saw online. I think I paid a little less than that a couple years ago so sounds about right. I considered doing a shuttle but I've had problems waiting for shuttles as well. I plan on carrying off luggage early so I have extra time to get to the airport.

Interesting about them debarking last; the itinerary shows a 7am arrival and I'm sure lots of people plan according to that figure.

Click here http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=212&date=20 to find out what ships will be in port with you.

Strange, the Statendam is leaving on a 14 nighter on the 11th out of Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades and they are not on the list.

There are inlet cams for Port Everglades that you can use to see the ships entering the port. There is a satellite tracking link where you can see the ships lining up to entering the port. Independence always seems to enter last. Maybe that is because she uses pier 24/25 and has to turn around in the basin. The Oasis always seems to enter first.

One of the inlet cam operators tries to get photos of cruisers on sail away. If you can coordinate it they will e-mail you a photo of your group waving from the ship... for free.

Strange, the Statendam is leaving on a 14 nighter on the 11th out of Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades and they are not on the list.

It's weird because it will list several ships in port, but leave out one. Then if you look up that ship, it will show it by itself, or with one other ship. I don't know why it doesn't show all the ships in one port at once.

Archived