MDR -Two Questions (Children's menu) (Indian Food Request)

S.E.

Do children have to order from the children's menu or can they order from our menu? Also, is the children's menu the basic cheesburger and fries type?

If you pre-order Indian food before the cruise, can you choose to eat from the main menu on some nights? I would love to have Indian curry on a couple nights. :)

Thanks

Can't answer your second question, but no, they don't HAVE to order of the kids menu.

When DD started cruising with us, we ordered something off the kids menu AND something off the adult menu.

On her second cruise at the age of 5, she was ordering off the adult menu.

Unfortunately, that carried off to land restaurants, where she REFUSES to order or even look at a kids menu.

Quite often the chef(s) is Indian, and I suspect there maybe Indian dishes served in the crew mess that never see the MDR. If you speak to the Maitre 'd you might get something that isn't on the menu...EM

Not sure what you mean by pre-order. I find nowhere on their website where one can pick and choose what they get to eat before boarding the ship. I know the chef will try to make accomodations for those with special dietary requirements. But the rest of us get to choose what is on the menu or we go to bed hungry.

Not sure what you mean by pre-order. I find nowhere on their website where one can pick and choose what they get to eat before boarding the ship. I know the chef will try to make accomodations for those with special dietary requirements. But the rest of us get to choose what is on the menu or we go to bed hungry.

I read on here that you have to request Indian food before your cruise. (special dietary request) "Pre-order" may not have been the best choice of wording. :D

You can order Indian food but have to do it the night before and only certain ships offer this so ask as soon as you board. My kids also ordered off the adult menu but when on land and they were 5 they got the kids choice or nothing - when they pay on land then they can order whatever they want from whatever menu they want. Mind you we do not eat out that much and they generally eat whatever we are eating at home - except liver - I would never force anyone to eat something they absolutely hated. We love it barbequed.

My 10 YO skips the kids' menu altogether and orders from the adult menu. Last cruise, he was torn between ribs and tilapia on the first night. He wants to go to the supper club with us and I can see his menu choices now: shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, and lobster tail. The 14 YO, on the other hand, is all about pizza, chicken nuggets and hot dogs and he orders from the kids' menu. Go figure.:rolleyes:

It's not in the dining room, but one day at lunch at the Lido buffet the "Taste of Nations" feature will be Indian food. I love it - they have these lamb patties with lentils that are great, and Indian breads with chutneys that are to die for.

I read on here that you have to request Indian food before your cruise. (special dietary request) "Pre-order" may not have been the best choice of wording. :D

Are you saying you only eat Indian Food or just that you really like it and you hope that there is a lot of it on the menu? If it's just a like that's really not an appropriate use of the special dietary requests.

Special dietary requests are more for people with food allergies, dietary restrictions etc...

Indian food has been available on every Carnival ship that I have been on. You can have it everynight if your wish. On the Fantasy and the Holiday no special arrangements were necessary. I could order it each night if I wished. On the Triumph last cruise they required 24 hour notice.

Do children have to order from the children's menu or can they order from our menu? Also, is the children's menu the basic cheesburger and fries type?

If you pre-order Indian food before the cruise, can you choose to eat from the main menu on some nights? I would love to have Indian curry on a couple nights. :)

Thanks

To answer your question per Carnival.....;)

Talk to your agent or Carnival to arrange.....

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Indian%20Meals.htm

When DD started cruising with us, we ordered something off the kids menu AND something off the adult menu.

On her second cruise at the age of 5, she was ordering off the adult menu.

Unfortunately, that carried off to land restaurants, where she REFUSES to order or even look at a kids menu.

I don't blame her! Why does (almost) every kid menu have the same garbage? (hot dog, hamburger, "chicken" nuggets) :confused::eek: I want my six year old niece to appreciate good (and healthier) food! My favorite restaurant to take her has a children's menu almost identical to the main menu except with child size portions. It should always be like that (or else kids might as well not bother eating out)

LOL! My opinion

There is a thread on here with a link from Carnival saying you can have Indian meals but you have to call the "Special Needs" department ahead of time

I asked the exact same question on that thread ... but still haven't gotten an answer. Let me see if I can locate that thread and post the link here

There is a thread on here with a link from Carnival saying you can have Indian meals but you have to call the "Special Needs" department ahead of time

I asked the exact same question on that thread ... but still haven't gotten an answer. Let me see if I can locate that thread and post the link here

See post 15 on this thread....

We had to preorder it .. meaning in the dining room, the night before. 24 hours notice is required for them to prepare it. You either get vegetarian or meat and its a full meal. You cant just say I want curry with my meal.

We got about 8 things including the Indian bread.

About 6 people here, including me have said its not true you have to preorder it before you leave ... so even if you find one person saying otherwise, doesnt make it true.

We had to give notice once on the ship .. so maybe preordering folks are taking to mean before you leave?? I can tell you its not necessary to order before you leave on your cruise.

YUCK, Indian food is not for me...too spicy. Many like it, but not me...

It is one of the choices for the Taste of the Nation and some of the ships, I think the Freedom was one of them, that had the starboard side food service (open air) area for Indian food for lunch every day. The Splendor has a Tandoor station at the back of the ship along with the deli (Pizza and grill are at near the Lido pool)

I find it odd that a child would like spicy Indian food, but I guess each to his or her own.....me, I won't touch the stuff, even mild is too spicy!

Archived