What to wear on Semi Formal and on Casual Nights??

madla

There seems to be a fair bank of information as to what is suitable attire for the formal nights however what would be advised for semi-formal and casual nights. Any photos to accompany would be great! Thanks:)

Depends on the line and itin--

SemiFormal is usually Dark suits for the guys and cocktail dresses for the gals.

Casual for guys is slacks and a collared shirt. For gals it's slacks/capris/sundresses/skirts.

There are not too many lines that have semi-formal anymore.

For casual nights I wear a sundress, a skirt and top, jeans, heels and a great top or maybe dressy capris. My husband wears either jeans or slacks with a button down shirt.

I think on most cruiselines, you'll find the women are a bit more "dolled up" than the men...even on casual nights! (We do like to look good!)

There's very little difference...maybe a nicer top and heels for women.....some men will wear a jacket...but you'll see few ties, depending on the line.....check with your specific cruiseline's brochure...they will "spell out" the dress suggestions.

We've just come back from a cruise on the Marco Polo to the Amazon. We had semi-formal nights and people wore short cocktail dresses or pants and glittery tops. Guys wore suits or sports jackets and tie. Casual nights were sundresses, capris, pants and guys in polo shirts and slacks. Jeans not permitted in MDR under any circumstances. Have to say we gals like to dress up a bit, don't we???

And these two tunics with black linen pants (I haven't hemmed the lavender one yet, so please don't mind the rough edges!):

001-5.jpg

005-1.jpg

My "formal" dress is just a plain black dress that I intend to dress up a bit with accessories:

002-1.jpg

And that's my whole packing list, minus workout stuff and swimwear!

I wear a gown for formal nights. The rest of the nights it's either a dress or a skirt and nice top or slacks and nice top and heels.

My DH has very nice suits he wears for formal nights and a few other nights. It's not a tux but they are very nice Italian suits that have been tailored. Maybe it is becasue he is 6'2" but dang he looks good in a suit :D. He wears dockers and a button down shirt on most casual nights ,although as I said some of the nights other than formal he still wears a suit.

Nights other than formal? I wear a skirt and top, usually in a matte jersey

(the skirt) or one of the other wonderful materials that don't wrinkle:D

Or I will wear a dress or a nice pair of slacks and top.

I was trying on clothes yesterday for my upcoming cruise:)

I leave next month and I have 2 new skirts and one of them is reversable and so that will work for 2 different nights:)

Both skirts (really 3;)) will be for casual nights. I also have a new dress

and the rest of the items? I haven't decided on yet.

Personally, I don't wear jeans to the main dining room for dinner.

Actually, the only time I bring them? It would be on a cooler itinerary

and I would wear them during the daytime only. I have been to Alaska

3 times and I did bring them and next month I will be sailing out of NJ,

going to Boston, Newport and Bermuda. I will probably pack a pair of

jeans but again, I enjoy dressing up for dinner so I will wear them during

the day only.

Archived