Can anyone suggest a good restaurant for lunch in Cabo?

Island Annie

I love Solomon's Landing. It isn't on the beach but in the marina section but you can see the boats coming into the bay, etc. Very nice setting and you can do some people watching as your fellow cruise passengers stroll by. It is outside dining with just basically a roof overhead. I guess you might call that patio dining. They have fabulous margaritas there. I don't like margaritas that taste like margarita mix. When I'm on vacation, I like knowing I'm drinking a drink with teguila in it. Their margaritas are teguila, lime juice and there you go!

They have really good food and I've had excellent service with them. Their meals are presented well too. When I was there in February, I had them make me shrimp enchiladas with green verde sauce (not on the menu - I just asked them if they could do them) and they were excellent. I had two margaritas and my total bill was $29.00. Let me tell you, their margaritas are strong so I sit there for a few hours and just soaked in the atmosphere and looked at the boats in the marina. Great place.:D:D:D

I love Solomon's Landing.

This place sounds like something that we would like. How do you get there once you off the tender? Do we need to worry about the water there? Thanks for any information......

Judith

When you get off the tender walk up to the boardwalk area and go right towards town (just follow the crowds). You walk a bit and then you will see Solomon's Landing on your left. If you miss it, you can ask someone. It's easy to see though. I don't think you need to worry about the water but you can ask for bottled water. Their ice is made with a filtering machine. I can't remember if I drank bottled water or not. I told you, those margaritas are strong!:D:D

Have a great time on your trip

Has anyone been to the "Office recently?

We were there several weeks ago & thought that the food was good & the Margarita's were REALLY good. It was spring break for some & being between Mango Deck & Billigans made for some pretty crazy sights & sounds!!;)

We went to The Office back in the late July on our last cruise and had a great lunch and drinks... you sit at tables right on the sand... water is a few feet from the front! We'll be going back in 3 weeks!!! :)

We were at The Office last October. . .yummy, yummy!

If you want Mexican food, I would go to Panchos (my favorite) or Mi Casa. Both are walkable, but neither is on the "cruise" path. It is hard to explain how to get to Mi Casa, but they should know at the dock. For Panchos, the best way to direct you is to say to go out the front door of the Tesora and go left, go one block until you see timeshare type people across the street (they have chairs and a desk/bar). If you cross the street and walk past them, Panchos is about halfway up the block.

For italian, I would go to Romeo and Julietta's or Amorone. Amorone is by the mall and Romeo and Jullietta's is just down the street from the Cabo Dolphins.

We, Rich and I, both vote for Panchos. Rich says, "you get most for your money and it is old Cabo. It is the way Cabo was 25-30 years ago."

We like to go to Mama's Royal Cafe. We heard about it on the boards last year and decided to check it out. It's more a breakfast/brunch kinda place but we were so full when we went there that we didn't eat lunch. They also have great mango mimosas! I had Chile Quilles and my husband had Huevos Rancheros, I did spot some lobster benedict on the menu as well. You can look them up, they have a website. It's within walking distance of the ship and is very clean.

• 1 month later...
I didn't know the was a Margaritaville in Cabo? Where abouts is it?

The "Margaritaville" in Cabo is not a "real" Margaritaville! They've just taken on the name. :(

For those of you planning on going to "The Office" for some lunch, be aware that they close from August 27 through October 2, 2010. In October, when they reopen, they usually have 50% off all their food as a reopening special!

I'm hoping to find something close to the water with authentic mexican food and outdoor dining . Is this there such a place?

(Excellent margaritas would be a plus;-)

Annie

#1...when are you coming? We have to chat when you get here.

#2...my favs aren't close to the water. But my second choice would be either Cafe Canela (next to Solomon's Landing) or Baja Cantina (about 200 yrds past Solomon's).

Cilantros at the Hotel Pueblo Bonita - Medano beach - A wonderful spot.

catch a water taxi (or a regular street taxi at the pier (maybe $10) and tell them to take you to Hotel Pueblo Bonita at Medano beach. Don't confuse Hotel Pueblo Bonita with Hotel Pueblo Bonita Rosa (which is next door ) and is also very nice but not the (very) best for lunch. Pueblo Bonita Rosa has a great bar by the pool though. You can walk between the two resorts.

cilantros.jpg

Cilantros-new.jpg

pool_01.jpg

I love Solomon's Landing. It isn't on the beach but in the marina section but you can see the boats coming into the bay, etc. Very nice setting and you can do some people watching as your fellow cruise passengers stroll by. It is outside dining with just basically a roof overhead. I guess you might call that patio dining. They have fabulous margaritas there. I don't like margaritas that taste like margarita mix. When I'm on vacation, I like knowing I'm drinking a drink with teguila in it. Their margaritas are teguila, lime juice and there you go!

They have really good food and I've had excellent service with them. Their meals are presented well too. When I was there in February, I had them make me shrimp enchiladas with green verde sauce (not on the menu - I just asked them if they could do them) and they were excellent. I had two margaritas and my total bill was $29.00. Let me tell you, their margaritas are strong so I sit there for a few hours and just soaked in the atmosphere and looked at the boats in the marina. Great place.:D:D:D

Ditto...they also have GREAT nachos to go with those margaritas:p!!

We were in Caco last month and we walked over to Cabo wabo. We sat down and looked at the menu and then walked out. The prices were expensive and neither one of us was impressed with the place. We thought it was gonna be like Margaritaville or Carlos n Charlies.

We walked back to the ship and took a water taxi over to Billygan's Island. We sat on the beach ( they offer free beach chairs and umbrellas) and had a great lunch. The prices were reasonable, even for the frozen drinks and beer, and the wait staff entertained us. It was recomended by a friend and we are so glad we did it.

We enjoyed an outdoor lunch at Alexanders in April. Reasonable prices, outdoor and covered seating. It is on the far-right of the marina where all the boats are docked. It is a medium length walk from the tender drop-off point. Enjoyed coconut shrimp & fish tacos with coca-cola. Then it was a short walk to Medano beach after eating.

When you get off the tender just walk along the marina and you will find lots of restaurants and they have their menu's right there to look at. We looked at all the menu's and prices as we walked by until we found a spot that looked good to us. Food was okay but even though it was the "cheapest price" our bill was still a lot so I would have rather just eaten on the ship. I think we finally settled at the Galleria or something like that. I'm not sure of the name but the point is you can just walk along the marina until you find a good spot that looks good to you.

Archived