Special Diets? (oh Lordy, not another food thread!)

mbisson

Leave it to Monte for taking a highly flammable topic such as food and turning it into a slightly educational and entertaining thread. I always tofu being edible was a myth.:D

In addition, I learned that luddite likes wine in the morning ;) (sorry lud-but I couldn't help myself)

Seriously-I searched prior to the question and was a bit surprised that this topic really doesn't come up more often. I've been on enough cruises (and seen enough cruisers) to believe it's not that rare a condition on ships ;)

BTW-to everyone who has expressed their support and suggestions---I THANK YOU ALL! (and don't worry about me-I'll be good!)

In addition, I learned that luddite likes wine in the morning ;) (sorry lud-but I couldn't help myself)

Seriously-I searched prior to the question and was a bit surprised that this topic really doesn't come up more often. I've been on enough cruises (and seen enough cruisers) to believe it's not that rare a condition on ships ;)

BTW-to everyone who has expressed their support and suggestions---I THANK YOU ALL! (and don't worry about me-I'll be good!)

To answer your question seriously....I travelled with a baby with a milk and peanut allergy. The chefs and head waiter sat down with the family and we went over the issues. The food was prepared for the whole family in a seperate kitchen and it was actually the freshest and most "made to order" I have ever experienced on a ship. Everyone...and I mean everyone that worked on that ship knew of the baby's allergy and everything was made specifically for the family in the seperate area even right down to the bread....

Now obviously an allergy is a little different but I asked a lot of questions of the chefs at the consultation and they said they do this for all types of medical conditions. There are obviously plenty of healthy options on the ship that do not have to be specially prepared like fruit, salad, egg white ommlettes, etc and those are great for breakfast and lunch.

But if you need special preparations I would mark my reservation and meet with the chef and servers so that they can make you dinners that are low in cholesterol and salt. You will probably end up with some of the tasties fare ever.... good luck and take care of your health.....

Archived