Aonnyone just buy their liquor on board and not try to sneak it

cruise53

After reading so many posts about sneaking liquor on board, how do the ones like myself feel? I believe that I have a contract between Celebrity and and myself which I Signed and Agreed To. If couldn't afford the price of the drinks then why cruise? Or better yet get a inside cabin or a cheaper line. After all Celebrity is offering a service for money(which I mite add is a very good service) and selling drinks is part of that service.

Agree 100%. We used to bring on two bottle of wine, but the new elite benefits and free cocktails each evening we just go there and buy the bottle for the dinner table every other night as needed. we feel we get a great cruise for the price and Celebrity deserves the right to make $$ on booze.

After reading so many posts about sneaking liquor on board, how do the ones like myself feel? I believe that I have a contract between Celebrity and and myself which I Signed and Agreed To. If couldn't afford the price of the drinks then why cruise? Or better yet get a inside cabin or a cheaper line. After all Celebrity is offering a service for money(which I mite add is a very good service) and selling drinks is part of that service.

I do bring on two wine bottles for use in my room. And buy the rest. And even in the room if I want a special drink on my Balcony, I pick up the phone and order it - and there it is! Nice.

Denny

I don't bother smuggling, we just buy whatever we want. My wife doesn't like plain mixed drinks. She'd rather have the fruity frozen drinks. I'd drink a Rum & Coke or something, but I don't drink enough of them to bother bringing on the booze. We hardly ever drink at home. I buy a case of beer every spring & I still have a few from last spring. We do occasionally make a good Rum Punch or mix up some Sangria.

I neglected to add that we are Elite also but still would never bring on other that what is allowed(and don't even bring that). I don,t know what they do, run back to the room every time they want a drink? Seems like a lot of walking to me.

I agree completely. I'm one of those people who believes in following rules, policies and procedures, so I have never and would never even consider taking liquor or soft drinks or anything else on board specifically not allowed by any cruise line. Besides, enjoying cocktails at the bars/lounges and wine with dinner is something I really enjoy on a cruise, so why would I want to diminish it by doing something that I would have to sneak around and do. For me, that would be dishonest and disrespectful. Just my personal opinion and position on the matter. And I also think (and wish) that the cruise lines/ships would start enforcing their own policies in this regard.

Elite status? Free drinks from 4pm to 6pm if read it correctly. we have not been on Celebrity Eclipse yet, but with 4 cruise booked in Aqua class, think we should be Elite by October 2011!!

Have been researching wine bottle sizes, the Chinese have made a bottle holding over 1500 litres, do you think Celebrity will allow 2 of those on board?

Richard

Although I've defended people who smuggle alcohol on board, I've only done it once. My DH drinks beer, which I wouldn't risk smuggling and I drink wine, which I don't need to smuggle. Add a couple of martinis to that and it's vacation mode!

I just purchased the drink card for up coming Panama Canal cruise and it was 16% of the cost of the cruise. This seemed cheep enough to me. DH doesn't drink enough to get package. This will be our first cruise as elite and looking forward to it. I just found it funny there are so many people talking about how to beat the system. I wonder if when they are filling their car with gas if they pick the hose up and drain all the gas out. Must be at least 20 cents left in the hose. You would think someone from the cruise line reads these boards and sees what people are planing.

We don't drink enough to warrant going to the trouble of smuggling. And we will usually stop at a pub or outdoor cafe in port to have a drink and enjoy the area.

I sometimes do that also. After reading the boards I believe some people are obsessed with the smuggling thing. It really can't be worth the effort, not for us anyway.

We are Elite status - we carried on our 2 bottles of wine to enjoy in our cabin - and ended up carrying one bottle off. And really had to work to empty the bottle we emptied during our cruise.

Not into smuggling - will pay what we need to - that is all part of the price of cruising. If we wanted to make our beds, cook our meals, and carry our own liquor, we would camp. :rolleyes:

The Captain's Club level of benefits is outside the scope unless one wants to suggest that if they were not Elite they would need to smuggle rather than accept the cruise lines guideline of the two bottle limit for wine.

Aside from that simply the line allows for two bottles per cabin. Not jugs, not boxes.

As for bottles of liquor, once a long time ago, RCCL used to allow alcohol from the ships store be bought and allowed to be brought to the cabin for an upcharge of $9.95. We did it once with a bottle of Absolut and took but more than one drink that way. That bottle was left behind hen we disembarked.

For anyone who wants to bring a bottle in their baggage case, IMHO be discreet and leave it to your private matters and don't bring it up here.

I bring on my two allowed bottles of wine for in cabin consumption and anything else I drink, I buy. I usually purchase a martini or two before dinner and order a bottle of wine in the dining room several times in one sailing. Trust me, they get a hefty chunk of change for my bar tab. I feel I get a great value when I cruise with Celebrity, so I don't mind paying extra for drinks.

:D

That's odd...I've been reading this board for a little over a year now and I didn't get the impression that the majority smuggle booze on.

I guess it's the few that get the attention.:rolleyes:

Some people must feel the need to try to "beat the system" even though they agreed to the system. Some people's integrity can be purchased cheaply.

I agree with the last post. I was saying that Elite club members get two hours of drinking free each night(along with other perks). We never smuggled booze on board even before we were Elite. I was well aware of what drinks cost on board(maybe not the first cruise) and conceder that to be part of the cost of cruising. After reading some of the posts you get the impression that there are some very well to do people smuggling liquor on board. Do they do the same thing at home ie will they smuggle it in a fine restaurant? The prices on board are not that bad. I have stayed where they cost a lot more. After all Celebrity owns the ship and they do get to make the rules.

Archived