Aonnyone just buy their liquor on board and not try to sneak it

cruise53

We only bring our own stuff ( as in we produce it ourselves, own label etc.) now that they have restricted it. However we have even stop that now to avoid any trouble. While it was "legal" we would bring too but mainly varieties once couldn't order onboard.

Just a little bit over the top ;)

You always drive exactly the speed limit? Always cross at the lights? Never pack yourself a sandwich to take off the ship?

I will never understand why people get all hot and bothered about this topic (and this is coming from someone who buys all their booze onboard).

Cheers...These boards are here for everybody to use the way they want. If they want to talk about "smuggling" who are you to criticize? Because you are an Elite member?...WHO CARES!!! If I don't like a topic i simply don't read it. You should do the same.

That is part of the bigger picture issue. A cruise is not like a hotel, its not like a summer house, its not like a camping trip. Many people try to fit that experience into a cruise vacation. Can I bring a cooler. Can I bring a case of beer. Can I bring a case of water. Can I bring a case of soda. Why do I have to tip anyone. Why do I have to dress up.

People are just not getting the idea a cruise is not a cross over vacation.

Cruise lines though aren't helping maintain this concept. I think cruise lines have 'dumbed' down the cruise experience to attract more passengers.

Our first few cruises were very special in that we were trying a 'new' experience vs it seems that many are wanting their land based vacation on a ship.

Anyway, we will continue to sail, but will be more discerning in our choice of cruise line. It is hard to not love the smell of the ocean , the breezes, the pool bands, the drinks, the dining experiences, the sunrises/sunsets, the ports of call, meeting lots of other cruisers. My last point is actually one of our favorite. We have met so many GREAT people that we keep in touch with, have sailed again with and visited and had them visit us. I think that is one unique area of cruising that has not changed and been GREAT at least for us. On land based vacations, we have not mingled as much as we do on cruises. :)

Looking for info from those who have purchased the $80 or $100 set up AFTER you boarded. For our upcoming cruise I would like to do this. Don't want to preorder because I have a substantial OBC that I would like to use for this and I believe that if I preorder, they will bill my credit card - correct?

Anyone have first hand experience?

Do they bring it to your cabin after ship sails or next day or?

Anyone find that supply was limited?

Do they add 15% if you purchase onboard?

Just curious.....what does Elite status have to do with any of this ?

Elite people have access to Michaels club - they have eye openers in the Early AM - lite breakfast is served.

Afternoon happy hour from 4pm to 6pm.

Both times free - limited menu - drinks.

That is part of the bigger picture issue. A cruise is not like a hotel, its not like a summer house, its not like a camping trip. Many people try to fit that experience into a cruise vacation. Can I bring a cooler. Can I bring a case of beer. Can I bring a case of water. Can I bring a case of soda. Why do I have to tip anyone. Why do I have to dress up.

People are just not getting the idea a cruise is not a cross over vacation.

My feeling is that they should either make it all-inclusive or allow you to bring on alcohol (I'm not averse to them setting reasonable limits). After all a generation ago you were able to take on as much as you like. It's the moving of the goalposts I don't like. I'll also wager that if they reduced the price of drinks onboard they'd actually make more money through increased sales AND actually reduce the amount of smuggled booze. I reckon the price of drinks is an issue for some people, particularly those who got bargain-price cabins and just want a cheap getaway.

Justin

We are Elite status - we carried on our 2 bottles of wine to enjoy in our cabin - and ended up carrying one bottle off. And really had to work to empty the bottle we emptied during our cruise.

Not into smuggling - will pay what we need to - that is all part of the price of cruising. If we wanted to make our beds, cook our meals, and carry our own liquor, we would camp. :rolleyes:

This has to be my favorite quote of all time, on this subject or any other!

Mark:D

If Room Service doesn't meet your needs and that is the only 'reason why you smuggle so you can set up your own bar, then just use the mini-bar in the room. Costs the same as drinks you order and it's all right there.

Juste a suggestion, especially if the 'only reason' to bring your own is for convenience.

Denny

Cheers...These boards are here for everybody to use the way they want. If they want to talk about "smuggling" who are you to criticize? Because you are an Elite member?...WHO CARES!!! If I don't like a topic i simply don't read it. You should do the same.

I have no problem with people who "smuggle". That is between them and the cruise line and if that is what they want to do go for it. Elite has nothing to do with any of it with the exception that "smuggling" mite not be as high a priority since they get to drink free for two hours each day.:)

Looking for info from those who have purchased the $80 or $100 set up AFTER you boarded. For our upcoming cruise I would like to do this. Don't want to preorder because I have a substantial OBC that I would like to use for this and I believe that if I preorder, they will bill my credit card - correct?

Anyone have first hand experience?

Do they bring it to your cabin after ship sails or next day or?

Anyone find that supply was limited?

Do they add 15% if you purchase onboard?

Sorry, no one has answered your question. I think people are too busy touting their "morality" rather than taking the time to answer.

You can order an in-cabin bar set up through the Gifts department. Here is the information.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/category/viewCollection.do;jsessionid=0000YITA6qehKkGp7e3XhutEWdG:12hdebcnj?cat=SPIRIT&coll=LIQUORPKG

matt0148

Are you an American?

I guess you didn't know ..YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE OFF ANY FOODS off the Ships.

Why? Very simply it is against International laws.

We even gave a wrapped and sealed Virginia ham to, one of my best friends, a surgeon who practices in Norway and Japan.

She had it confiscated and thrown away by customs leaving the US here and she was an American..

But the Bottom line____

The Law is the Law. Ignorance of it is never an acceptable excuse!:eek:

Just a little bit over the top ;)

You always drive exactly the speed limit? Always cross at the lights? Never pack yourself a sandwich to take off the ship?

I will never understand why people get all hot and bothered about this topic (and this is coming from someone who buys all their booze onboard).

matt0148

Are you an American?

I guess you didn't know ..YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE OFF ANY FOODS off the Ships..........

two points:

- What has being an American have to do with your point of not taking food off the ship? I know you love to tout your American and NJ heritage, but what's the point here?

- And second point, putting words in All Caps is considered Yelling, and is one of the no-no's listed in the CC guidelines. That is a guideline for all of us, including Americans, Mayflower-borne or newly minted,

Denny

Denny01,

Thanks.

I really thought you would know the answer to your own question ::

" - What has being an American have to do with your point of not taking food off the ship? "

That is very simple answer.

Of which is..Our country, IMHO the best and greatest ever, America or if you want the actual name of The Federal Republic of the UNITED STATES of N. America... has Rules and Regulations of which many other Countries do not have.

We all make mistakes as I do too. You even spelled American wrong.. I make errors a lot as well...;)

Sorry I guess you do need to know more N.American history and fact.

First: Mayflower was a ship and it came after we landed and settled the Virginia Colony building a Fort and creating Democracy as we know it on 05/14/1607 a.d. .

The Mayflower was a Dutch owned and flagged liquor transport ship which was coming to the Virginian Colony at the northern part of what is now called New Jersey and New York which Henry Hudson mapped in 1609 a.d. . The Mayflower was supposed to leave with a newly made ship but that ship somehow did not leave nor arrive in 1621 a.d as the Mayflower did and way off coarse too. It as you well know finally made land in what is called Plymouth,Commonwealth of Massachusetts now. So yes 1607 to 1621 is fourteen years.;)

On my Garden State ( New Jersey ) I never tout, as you say/state that..as I am the first born and bred here in my research.

Heritage is or did you mean or residence ?

Property that is or can be inherited; an inheritance.

Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.

The status acquired by a person through birth; a birthright: a heritage of affluence and social position.

[Middle English, from Old French, from eritier, heir, from Medieval Latin hērēditārius, from Latin, inherited.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

\\On Caps//

They are not me yelling it is used as proper accent and usages.

I guess your the Self- thought Language Police too now, eh...?

By the way, people are not Minted. They are born.

two points:

- What has being an American have to do with your point of not taking food off the ship? I know you love to tout your Amerian and NJ heritage, but what's the point here?

- And second point, putting words in All Caps is considered Yelling, and is one of the no-no's listed in the CC guidelines. That is a guideline for all of us, including Americans, Mayflower-borne or newly minted,

Denny

AAAAmerican

- The rules of not taking food off the ship has to do with the rules of the country being visited, not US Rules. And no matter how wonderful and great the US is, it has nothing to do with this point.

- the rest of your post is quite interesting, and thank you for the lecture.

I did mean 'heritage' 3rd definintion....'new minted' is referencing citizenship, not birth and is just a phrase, and yes, you used all caps for emphasis, but it is considered yelling - reference the CC guidelines. And yes, I misspelled 'American'....and another CC guideline is not to point out clerical errors. Something you, and all of us need to read in order to maintain a civil level of discourse.

I know, I know, it's a mistake to respond.

Denny

Well when I started this thread I never thought it would be so educational. Actually it was more a joke than anything. Everybody knows it is against CCL policy to take any thing other than two bottles of wine on board. I think it is very entertaining to see how people do it,although I never would. I also learned that to put your message in CAPS is shouting and some history too.

dogrun.gif

Well when I started this thread I never thought it would be so educational. Actually it was more a joke than anything. Everybody knows it is against CCL policy to take any thing other than two bottles of wine on board. I think it is very entertaining to see how people do it,although I never would. I also learned that to put your message in CAPS is shouting and some history too.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Denny

dogrun.gif

Hi,:) yes, using CAPS on the internet is considered yelling or shouting.

Your first post asked if some people buy the booze on board and not

sneak anything on? Me. I don't bring any wine, liquor, soda, or water

with me.

I have no desire to carry anything extra with me and it is just easier

to go to the bar and buy a drink:D (for me anyway).

We never did smuggle anything and with the new drink cards I can't see any reason to. I have been enlightened about caps. Thanks Charles

Your welcome:)

we used to bring our two bottles of wine with us-- then we got lazy & now order a wine package or liquor package for the room if we feel we'll need it for a longer cruise...they come with sodas & nuts

We enjoy Elite perks, cocktail parties & buy whatever else we want--

Smuggling is not an option for us...

Back when we cruised Celebrity (2005) they didn't seem to care what was brought on... we openly brought on bottles from port that we intended to take home...they didn't take it, didn't bat an eye actually. So if you openly bring it on, and the cruise line doesn't take it..is it still considered smuggling? or is it up to the cruiselines to enforce their own policy?

Archived