Check out my Cruise Daily Planner

Meredisney

Hi, Can you email me a copy of your planner (nicki1pt@hotmail.com)? I love to organize things as well. This sounds great, but I can't view the pictures. On a side note: Does anyone know of a map of the Carnival Liberty layout/map other than looking at the individual decks?

Thanks!

I too would love a copy emailed to me! tnealon@travelers.com!

Thanks!

tammi:cool:

umm...I'll pass....thanks

If you don't have spreadsheets and day planners, how will you know what you're required to do each day while on vacation?

I know, I'll just go see the CD and see what I'm supposed to be doing, then follow the instructions I'm given. Sounds like a swell time.

I make a binder for each cruise. Don't plan everything hour by hour, but instead have individual tabs for air/hotel docs, cruise docs and then one for each port of call. That way all my important confirmation print outs and excursion docs are in one place and easy to find.

While on the cruise I get an extra Caper/Fun Times for each day and keep them in the pocket for reference should I ever want to look back and dream after coming home.

I also put a spiral notebook in the back for notes while on the cruise... days seem to run into each other and details hard to remember after coming home. Yeah, I'm a bit of a planner - keeps me sane I guess. :D

327368643845-1.jpg

Hey if this works for you all the more power to you. Me - when I wake up I look at the capers and decide what to do from there with my trusty highlighter. I organize my life 357 days of the year - these 8 days are a free for all.

I have several problems with "winging it"

When I travel with others, I hate getting up in the morning and having the " I don't know, what do you want to do today?" Has anyone ever been part of these conversations and find it is noon and you still have not decided anything.

Has anyone ever been shut out of an excursion or specialty dinner reservation because it was sold out several days in advance?

Has anyone ever seen certain activiites offered every day on a cruise(like massages), but others offered only once (like wine tasting)?

I am all for relaxing, and I do not micro-manage our trips. But if there are some things I want to make sure I do, I plan for them and make the reservations in advance.

So yes, I have a spreadsheet - not quite as detailed as the OP, but pretty comprehensive.

I noticed a few members posting their packing lists and I so I wanted to share my Cruise Daily Planner.

P.S. This one is for an upcoming cruise on the DREAM in July, but it can be easily revised to accommodate your itinerary. I don't know how to upload a doc, so I just made it into a JPEG, but if anyone is interested just email me and I can send you the doc that was created in Microsoft office.

Meredisney,

I would love a copy of your planner. Please email me at jeannepollock@aol.com I really try to be organized and my favorite tool is a highlighter for the dailies. Each night we highlight all the things that look good for the next day. That way we won't forget to do something that was interesting and we don't have to go thru the daily so many times.

Thanks,

Jeanne

I make a binder for each cruise. Don't plan everything hour by hour, but instead have individual tabs for air/hotel docs, cruise docs and then one for each port of call. That way all my important confirmation print outs and excursion docs are in one place and easy to find.

While on the cruise I get an extra Caper/Fun Times for each day and keep them in the pocket for reference should I ever want to look back and dream after coming home.

I also put a spiral notebook in the back for notes while on the cruise... days seem to run into each other and details hard to remember after coming home. Yeah, I'm a bit of a planner - keeps me sane I guess. :D

327368643845-1.jpg

I do the same thing for my vacations. The only thing I hadn't thought about was the tabs to keep each thing seperate. I'm gonna steal that idea now, since I am working on my Dream binder! Thanks:o

Wow you are organized, but personally for me, that looks a lot like my planner at work and when I am on vacation I don't want to worry about that.

Total agreement. The last thing I want to do is have a "list" while on vacation. Daily Capers are enough for me. I even hate dragging that around but, it's helpful when you can't remember all the times for things you want to do. :)

I noticed a few members posting their packing lists and I so I wanted to share my Cruise Daily Planner.

I'm a newer member of CC, but I've been a member of the DIS Cruise Boards for a while. I love these boards and all of the people who provide the helpful information....but I have trouble organizing all of it! So I created this planner a while back to help me. I find it really helpful when I start making reservations for excursions, spa appointments, specialty restaurants, etc. so that I can keep my days planned out.

I just thought I'd share. Happy Cruising Everyone!

P.S. This one is for an upcoming cruise on the DREAM in July, but it can be easily revised to accommodate your itinerary. I don't know how to upload a doc, so I just made it into a JPEG, but if anyone is interested just email me and I can send you the doc that was created in Microsoft office.

th_Day12.jpg

th_Day34.jpg

th_Day56.jpg

th_Day78.jpg

Could you please email this document to me -- corkyangie @ hotmail.com

Thanks!!

No disrespect to the OP, but just looking at that is a total buzzkill. I already live and die by a train schedule, a board schedule, and an SEC filing schedule. If someone created a schedule like that for my vacation, I'd find a way to discretely make sure said schedule would be irretrievably lost. And if that didn't work, said planner would probably join said schedule.

I am a HUGE planner and lover of the DIS boards too!
I think the majority of people on Cruise Critic aren't big planners like we are and that's ok! Thanks for sharing your documents!
I'm working on a binder for my cruise. I'm going to use it to remind me of things I learned here on CC and for keeping notes to remember what we did so I can write a trip report when we get back.

[quote name='Palm-Breeze']I am a HUGE planner and lover of the DIS boards too!
I think the majority of people on Cruise Critic aren't big planners like we are and that's ok! Thanks for sharing your documents!
I'm working on a binder for my cruise. I'm going to use it to remind me of things I learned here on CC and for keeping notes to remember what we did so I can write a trip report when we get back.[/quote]

Psssttt ... it's a vacation. Not a school assignment. ;)

[quote name='LemurCat']No disrespect to the OP, but just looking at that is a total buzzkill. I already live and die by a train schedule, a board schedule, and an SEC filing schedule. If someone created a schedule like that for my vacation, I'd find a way to discretely make sure said schedule would be irretrievably lost. And if that didn't work, said planner would probably join said schedule.[/quote]

Hey, allot of people live and die by the SEC schedule, I like Ole Miss this year, how bout you?:)

[quote name='elcuchio24']Hey, allot of people live and die by the SEC schedule, I like Ole Miss this year, how bout you?:)[/quote]

Not the college conference, the pron-watching, non-regulating, governmental office that enjoys making my life hell every 2.5 years.

(Besides, Big10 is where it's at.)

[quote name='LemurCat']Not the college conference, the pron-watching, non-regulating, governmental office that enjoys making my life hell every 2.5 years.

(Besides, Big10 is where it's at.)[/quote]

I know, I know, just being coy:).

I do like to look at the appropriate Capers/Fun Times in advance and 'dream' about what I will be doing on board. I also always plan excursions in advance - that's part of the fun! (and my travel companions are usually very appreciative of all my research and efforts).

When onboard I love seeing the capers on my bed the night before and will read thru them and plan as required but do not see myself doing this in advance?

I do however have a 'packing' spreadsheet - created a while ago and constantly being 'modified'. This is a one pager with dates/ports on top and then day/evening wear along the side - and I fill it in. If I don't do this I will more than likely OVERPACK!!! throwing in an extra shirt here, another pair of shoes, one more purse.....and I am know for consistently going over that 50 lb limit and having to remove and repack. My goal is always to pack less and less and avoid any baggage fees!

OP nor anyone else is implying that y'all need to use this.

It's just a tool for those who actually ENJOY planning.

Just because you don't doesn't mean that those who do have some sort of psychological problem.

OK, maybe we do. It's call Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. Look it up. Not the same thing as OCD.

We LIKE to plan. It's part of what we do. We're organized.

So you don't and you aren't. Well, that's just swell. The snarkiness isn't needed by those of us who do and are.

I don't plan my days on board, but I plan a whole lot before that point. I think it's part of the fun.

I won't tell people they need to plan more if they will refrain from telling me that I need to relax and enjoy myself. I do relax and enjoy myself. Once I'm done planning! :D

Archived