Aft Pool On the Coral And Island

louden

We recently sailed on the Island Princess and were discovered that the aft pool was no longer public. It was only available to passengers using the Sanctuary. Does anyone know if this policy applies on the Coral as well? It was disappointing to see the aft pool being so little used. Thank for any info. Cheers Louden

Just on the Coral and never knew that there was an Aft Pool. We used the adult only pool and it was rarely crowded. A secret button on this pool's wall turns on a fairly powerful "resistance swimming jet".

I think that the Sanctuary is a total waste. I only saw about 3 people out there on the 15 day cruise. I kept looking for the locker room (shower room) that I thought was suppose to be near the pool. Never found it -- is it within the Santuary? This area is one of the places that I save money on -- Never use it nor the spa. Did notice that the attendant lady looked very bored and lonely -- she stood next to the sign saying entrance.

CoralPrincessandLA2010065.jpg

Too much sun for my liking......

CoralPrincessandLA2010063.jpg

CoralPrincessandLA2010067.jpg

CoralPrincessandLA2010059.jpg

We just got off the Coral last week and booked the Sanctuary for the entire two weeks...it was fabulous and to us it was worth every penny. The pool is only open to those in the sanctuary. We were on the top deck..your 4th picture. IT WAS PERFECT. We had the covered cabana and when we wanted sun they moved the bed to the sun. We spent a lot of time there when we weren't in port and it was great for the Panama Canal. The bottom deck was full the whole two weeks and everyone seemed to enjoy the private pool...I know I did:) If you like more activity going on, the sanctuary wouldn't be the place to go, but we enjoyed the private pool, the peace and quiet and the fabulous views.

Well that settles it....but that is a huge disappointment as that was a our favourite pool. As much as we enjoyed our Panama cruise this may prove to be a disincentive to do a Panama transit with Princess again.:mad:

Is the Sanctuary the pool that is listed on the deck plans as the Lotus pool? We have first time cruisers with us on the Coral in May who asked if there was an adult only pool and we told them yes because we thought the Lotus pool was and there was no charge. Did we tell them wrong?

Thanks

mprcruiser

My thanks to all of you have have responded. We were considering doing a full transit of the Panama again but as per " Putterdude's " post not having the aft pool available has put a hold on our plans. Will be looking for for ships that still have the aft pool available. Happy sailing to all!!

Is the Sanctuary the pool that is listed on the deck plans as the Lotus pool? We have first time cruisers with us on the Coral in May who asked if there was an adult only pool and we told them yes because we thought the Lotus pool was and there was no charge. Did we tell them wrong?

Thanks

mprcruiser

The Lotus pool is the indoor pool and yes, it is adults only.

We were on the Coral in February and booked the Sanctuary for the two weeks. If you consider what the cost of a cruise is, the additional $400 (for 2) to ensure that you have a quiet, comfortable chaise waiting for you every day AND the use of the aft pool (which, because it's only for Sanctuary guests, is also quiet) isn't that much! Also, on the canal day the manager was out there at 6:30 (am) with freshly brewed coffee, pastries and fruit.

All in all, we thought it was the best money we spent. :D

Just got off the Island Princess on Friday and had a wonderful cruise. The only real diappointment was not being able to use the aft pool! Oh well....still won't pay to use the sanctuary, guess we'll just have to stick with the grand class ships:)

I am also sad to hear this. On our Coral trip (before the sanctuary) we loved that aft pool which not many people used. I suppose that means there are no adult pools on Coral/Island. I hope I am wrong about this.

Thanks

mprcruiser

This is the Lotus Pool. We loved this area and spent many many hours relaxing, playing board games with friends and the pool is heated and the area is airconditioned to a perfect temperature. The icecream bar is in there and there is a bar as well. Close to the horizon court and we used to bring lunch back and eat it on the tables there. Not crowded either and always loungers available to watch the view go past. I wish I was back.......

CoralPrincessandLA2010075.jpg

CoralPrincessandLA2010074.jpg

CoralPrincessandLA2010073.jpg

That Lotus (indoor adult) Pool was actually open to children for much of the afternoon on my Coral cruise over the holidays. I don't know if that was a holiday cruise thing or a regular thing, but I toss this out just in case it would ruin anybody's cruise to have children sharing that space. Also, and I don't know if you had this on your cruise, too, Eileen, that area could be very loud because of the arts & crafts space and ping-pong tables on the deck above. While it's a very nice space and a nice pool as indoor pools go, it's not really "Lotus" in that the quiet, serene pool way the Lotus Spa pool is on the Grand-class ships.

On our cruise in February it was adults only and I saw it enforced. (Crew member asked children to please leave.)

Years ago they played soothing Asian music at this pool which made it very spa like. I missed that but it was still a great area.

The loss of this pool to every adult passenger is very disappointing. The aft pool was a favorite place for my wife and I on the Princess and Ruby. I don't mind paying for the ice cream, but I totally disagree with the concept of charging extra for a quiet place on the ship. Anytime I have peered into the Sanctuary it has been empty; doesn't seem to make good business sense to me. What a shame.

On our cruise in February it was adults only and I saw it enforced. (Crew member asked children to please leave.)

Years ago they played soothing Asian music at this pool which made it very spa like. I missed that but it was still a great area.

I was referring to the Lotus pool above.

Archived