Well.....

CruiseAdict218

In 2011 we are going on a Caribbean cruise out of New York with Princess again, it will be my first[Caribbean Cruise], but with princess u get the choice of two different 9 day Eastern Caribbean one stops at Bermuda and not St. Martin and the other stops at St. Martin not Berumda i havent been to any of these but idk which i want to do???? So wat would u choose and why?, Thanks :D :D :D :D

In 2011 we are going on a Caribbean cruise out of New York with Princess again, it will be my first[Caribbean Cruise], but with princess u get the choice of two different 9 day Eastern Caribbean one stops at Bermuda and not St. Martin and the other stops at St. Martin not Berumda i havent been to any of these but idk which i want to do???? So wat would u choose and why?, Thanks :D :D :D :D

I would suggest you go to the cruise critic port reviews and then decide. There are a lot of things to consider...do you like snorkeling, shopping, walking around, zip lines, or kayaking. Look and see what port fits you vs. what port other people liked due to their likes/dislikes. Have fun!

I have to agree with looking at the ports to see which you like best. I would pick Bermuda over St. Martin, I liked the beauty of Bermuda over St. Martin- I'm just the opposite of you Toto! (Generally I agree with you too? go figure! Just shows how peopel can vary). We did the 9 day last year. We really enjoyed NYC and the port set up was great getting there- trying to leave the port- patience Either way you should have a great trip!

I've been to Bermuda and it is very beautiful. The water is colder, but the beaches are gorgeous with the pinkish sand. I haven't been to St. Martin/Maarten yet, but will be there in June. I bet it is just as beautiful. I think it's a toss up. It depends on what you want to do and what you want to see.

You can't go wrong with either Bermuda or St. Maarten. Bermuda is a lovely island and still very British. Gorgeous beaches, interesting shopping, a fun place to visit. St. Maarten is influenced by the Dutch (St. Martin is the French side of the island but the ship docks in St. Maarten) with tons of shopping and things to do. If I were to pick, I'd say St. Maarten if only because there's more to do in one day. To me, Bermuda is a great place to fly to and stay for several days as it's not a long flight from either New York or Boston. I think Bermuda is more of a place to "experience" than sample.

Both islands are lovely, and you can't go wrong with either.

Having said that, I would pick the itinerary with Bermuda. Why? Because you will probably have numerous opportunites to go to St. Maarten on a future cruise because it is included in most Eastern Caribbean itineraries. It is much more unusual to find an itinerary with Bermuda on it, unless you choose a cruise that specifically goes there and nowhere else. So, planning for the longterm, choose the itinerary now that includes the port you'd be least likely to repeat on a future cruise.

Archived