Long Review of Emerald Princess, 3/3/28/10, with Photos

pcrum

Thanks so much for all the kind comments. The review was fun to write. I wish I could get the photos a bit larger...I've seen reviews on the Cruise Critic Carnival site, where the photos are much larger.

Anyway, this is the only photo we bought on board the ship, the one taken of us by the champagne waterfall. I scanned this one in and it was the right size!

Princess%20Champagne%20Fountain.jpeg

thank you so much for the great review- I cannot wait until we board her!!!:D:D:D

Ditto. It was amazing to read reviews like this. T minus 20 days before I meet up with Buffalofirsttimer4, (my practically next door neighbor who lives 2.5 hours from me).

Can't wait!!:p

MUTS is nice too, they walk around with pizza, cookies (& milk), popcorn and blankets.. nice touch..

Assuming you can find a seat. I was told seating is extremely limited and you need to "reserve" early. Question to OP, how bad was the seating issue?

Assuming you can find a seat. I was told seating is extremely limited and you need to "reserve" early. Question to OP, how bad was the seating issue?

Unfortunately, we never made it to MUTS. It seemed to be happening when we were having dinner or enjoying the clubs after dinner. One night we considered the late night showing of Michael Jackson's "This is It," but the movie started at 11:15 pm and we were too tired. I would like to try it next time though, especially if they are walking around with pizza, popcorn, and cookies. I know my kids would love that!

The photo I took of the seats was taken in late afternoon when they closed off the pool area to prepare the chaises with the MUTS covers.

One more question to the OP. I have read somewhere that all bars on the ship offers discounted drinks (basically all drinks) for $2.99 daily after 8PM.:D

Can you confirm this?

"From 8 pm to closing at the bars, they offer a “power drink” special with $2.99 Long Island Iced Teas, frozen pina coladas and Singapore slings. I had a few pina coladas and DH enjoyed the Long Island iced teas. These seemed to be slightly stronger than the regular drinks and as such, a much better value."

"From 8 pm to closing at the bars, they offer a “power drink” special with $2.99 Long Island Iced Teas, frozen pina coladas and Singapore slings. I had a few pina coladas and DH enjoyed the Long Island iced teas. These seemed to be slightly stronger than the regular drinks and as such, a much better value."

Thanks for quoting my review for the answer!!! Although we had read before the cruise that the drink specials did not show up until mid-way through the cruise, they were available from the first night. These drinks seemed a bit stronger than the wimpy drinks served from the specialty drink menu, thus were a much better value.

Next Sunday, I am going on my first cruise. Thanks for the great review and all the pictures. I feel like I am starting to get my sea legs...

Linda

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Enjoy!!!

That's was a fantastic review - Thank you! Love the detailed review of restaurants and I'm now very much looking forward to dinner at Sabatini's. We too are on the Emerald in 13 days and are really looking forward to our first cruise!

You will love Sabatini's...I know that we did. Just come hungry, because it is a LOT of food. If you are eating before sunset, request a window table for a great view. As Sabatini's is on deck 16, you get wonderful views! Enjoy!!

Archived