Warning to folks buying booze onboard

MamaTene

Seriously, never let total anonymous human beings have that kind of power over you. The only people in the world who have the power to hurt me or make me feel bad are people for whom I care deeply and whose opinions I cherish. If people don't appreciate your help, too bad for them.

Kudo's ...........very well said!!

That's always been the case. Really not a warning at all. That's why people SMUGGLE, so they can drink their own stuff in their cabin.

why not by from bonvoyage instead of smuggling then the bottle will be delivered the next day and you don't have to worry about getting caught smuggling( which in my opinion is really stupid anyway)

I so agree with you but it shouldnt stop you from posting. I find it so funny that these people are so rude on here but in person on the cruise I bet you'll see nothing but people smiling and being polite. They use the computer to act like idiots...Not everyone on here cruises every other month..Some people on here are ACTUALLY GOING ON THEIR FIRST CRUISE!! WOW NO WAY!!:eek: and are trying to find info. They dont need to get replies like most that are on here...:D

I can care less if these people know whatever im posting about, I'll still post it..Point Blank! ;)

RosiesCruising - I was thinking the same thing! easy to hide behind a computer!

these cheez puff s are pretty good..:p

could nt help sharing..

but, its been a common rule from the beginning of time..

*I can t remember otherwise*:o

It was NOT always a rule..In the early nineties you could purchase duty free and bring it back for "In cabin Consumption..I did this on Carnival, HAL and The Big Red Boat...and always brought a small blender and margeritta mix...

We brought our wine on board as per Carnival's policy, one bottle (750 ml) per adult in on carry luggage on the Fascination. We brought two bottles which lasted the five days for two of us. We plan to do the same for our cruise on the Glory in March, 2011.

• 1 month later...
Hey...what can I say..I'm not a drinker at all so I never read any of the post regarding booze, buying it, smuggling it etc. I just was passing along info that I heard from other folks that fell prey that I thought MIGHT be helpful. Geesh people!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I understand how others have felt around here with some of the responses received.

heaven forbid, you ask a sllly question or say something stupid by mistake....:mad: Geez, is right !!!!

Sorry , you were treated so harshly...:eek:

Thanks for that CruizinMom2...these folks made me feel like a jerk for even posting!

In your defense, it was NOT all that many years back when we could by booze from the duty free shop AND take it to our room immediately. It might be 20 years now, but once upon a time, it was normal to buy all your booze on board.

RCL changed from allowing one to take the booze to deliver on the last night OR pay $10.xtra and take immediately.

So there have been a number of different booze policies over the years.

You can get bottles of booze at full price + tax delivered to your room for consumption during the cruise from the bon voyage dept...just call 1-800-522-7648

and you can have what ever you want, delivered to your cabin before you arrive.

I am getting a bottle of Captain Morgan, 1 Liter for $55. Yes, it's expensive, but we love to hang out on the balcony drinking at our leisure, and not having to get room service, or go out for drinks is wonderful!

Lisa

I have certainly learned how to develop a thick skin from some of the inconsiderate posts here. Thanks to those of you who took the post for what it was intended.

Don't let 'em bug you, MamaT. The difference between the attitude of many people on these boards (often lousy) and the attitude of people you meet on a cruise (almost always fantastic) makes me wonder how many people who post here have actually been on a cruise....

Remember what Mom said: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

The difference between the attitude of many people on these boards (often lousy) and the attitude of people you meet on a cruise (almost always fantastic) makes me wonder how many people who post here have actually been on a cruise....

That is a great point. The majority on here whine and bit#h about everything.

Of the 8 cruises I have been on, I have yet to encounter those type of people. Most everyone is happy to be cruising and on vacation.

OP- Sorry you got blasted. I understand your point. Some of CC can be really rude. I think twice about making comments here. I knew the alcohol rule, but...if you didn't "oh well". I would never blast you for it. Cruise on--

I just called the BV desk today and ordered a bottle of Vodka and one of Kahula. I asked them to deliver it in the evening after we sale to save on the sales tax. Not a big deal, but honestly, I won't drink any of it until late in the evening.

I asked this on another thread but didn't get a response...for those of you that use bloody mary mix-do you keep it cold? Do you take your own big cooler and just tip them to keep it iced? Or do you take small cans? Folks were talking about Zing Zang, but I've never seen that in small containers. Any insight is appreciated.

Well- I'm a drinker and I didn't know that what you bought on board wouldn't be delivered so you are by no means alone. I would think that legally it could be delivered since you will be on the high seas, although I understand why they don't do it. I never paid it any mind since I bring wine and like the frou frou drinks and they don't sell the umbrellas so it has never been worth it to me.

What do you want to know? I have most of the answers.

How EXACTLY did they FALL PREY? They bought something, they were given it at the end of their cruise. If they wanted to buy a bottle to drink in their cabin, they could have purchased that through the Bon Voyage department or through room service. Room service does charge the 15% gratuity.

They fell prey because they were lied to. The Carnival employee told them if they bought the liquor they could take it to their room, then when they bought it they were told they couldn't. Flat out lie . Maybe your use to being lied to.;)

They fell prey because they were lied to. The Carnival employee told them if they bought the liquor they could take it to their room, then when they bought it they were told they couldn't. Flat out lie . Maybe your use to being lied to.;)

If that happened, I would have returned it whatever their policy and filed a complaint. That really is unfair.

Ummm....yes, that's the rule. With over 1,000 posts I'm suprised that you didn't already know this. :confused:

What does a 1000 post have to do with the number of cruises.

You could have 1000 post and zero cruises.

I have one post but more then 10 cruises in the last few years.

Archived