Warning to folks buying booze onboard

MamaTene

What does a 1000 post have to do with the number of cruises.

You could have 1000 post and zero cruises.

I have one post but more then 10 cruises in the last few years.

I assume the point was that if you spent that much time on CC you would have learned this fact. But some of us don't bother reading the liquor run-runner posts- not all that interested.

I don't get this- you should have known this- business. If you don't you don't. No biggie and for those who don't, alerts are nice. And there are always new people around who have no reason to know these things- that's why they come.

Thanks Mach! YIKES! These folks sure can be brutal at times!

This thread was actually entertaining. I would take the snarky responses as good natured ribbing instead of something malicious....but then again, I wasn't on the receiving end.

Bill

Along the topic of buying booze in port and not being allowed to bring it to your cabin is a total joke! Was on the Liberty 2 weeks prior and we brought 5 bottles of liquor from various ports straight up to our room, no questions asked. Only once after scanning did security tell us to take it to the table to check it but low and behold, no staff member was around so we didn't bother to wait. We weren't purposely trying to smuggle it in either; it was clearly visible. If Carnival is going to have a rule about it, it should be strictly enforced or they shouldn't bother to have it at all.

Just returned from Glory. They have a "special" on first evening I believe (might be second night). Low Low price ...great deal right? What they dont tell you is that you CANNOT bring it to your cabin for consumption during the week. They deliver it to you on last night of the cruise.

Its always been that way, you get a good deal and at the end of the cruise, you get to take your "special" booze to take home to enjoy :)

I think some people, sometimes miss-speak and say in public they are surprised without thinking .. not because they want to upset anyone. Its not deliberate to hurt someone. I bet all those who are up on their soap boxes, have miss-spoke at some point in their lives too?? Not everyone is good with words.

I have been on Carnival's butt to put signs in public about things people dont know .. this could be one more thing .. to put a sign in the duty free shop that you cant bring it back to your cabin. Liquor tastings have been cancelled from what Iv been told, so thats no worry in the future that people dont know... just if buying in the shop itself.

It is my understanding that the shops onboard are not operated by Carnival but leased to a 3rd party. This is why the booze purchases are held until the end of the cruise because the boooze was not purchased from Carnival. If the purchase is made from the Bon Voyage prior to sailing, the booze is waiting in the cabin upon arrival or the next day if sailing out of Galveston.

PLease correct me if I am wrong. If this was already mentioned, I am sorry for not reading all posts in the prior 10+ pages of this thread.

It is my understanding that the shops onboard are not operated by Carnival but leased to a 3rd party. This is why the booze purchases are held until the end of the cruise because the boooze was not purchased from Carnival. If the purchase is made from the Bon Voyage prior to sailing, the booze is waiting in the cabin upon arrival or the next day if sailing out of Galveston.

PLease correct me if I am wrong. If this was already mentioned, I am sorry for not reading all posts in the prior 10+ pages of this thread.

Correct the shops are run by a third party.............but do you really think CCL would want people to have duty free priced booze at their disposal instead of ponying up to the bar for $7.95 DOD?

I think some people, sometimes miss-speak and say in public they are surprised without thinking .. not because they want to upset anyone. Its not deliberate to hurt someone. I bet all those who are up on their soap boxes, have miss-spoke at some point in their lives too?? Not everyone is good with words.

I have been on Carnival's butt to put signs in public about things people dont know .. this could be one more thing .. to put a sign in the duty free shop that you cant bring it back to your cabin. Liquor tastings have been cancelled from what Iv been told, so thats no worry in the future that people dont know... just if buying in the shop itself.

If we had wise consumers, the signs would not be necessary. But since we do not have wise consumers, if there were signs posted everywhere about everything, they'd be unread and ignored.

Remember the words of the great philosopher, Ron White. "Ya can't fix,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Archived