Pasta Station - Which Ships have it?

phinfan63

We were on the Liberty and yes they had one. We been on the Valor twice & did a B2B on the Glory and no,they didn't have one. They never had one on the Freedom either which we did soon after the Liberty but that was 2+ years ago. Have a good one :). J & B :cool:

OP, I think it's safe to say that there may or may not be a pasta bar on your ship. But there is pasta available in some form. :-)

Also I forgot to mention that they often can make you pasta at the pizzeria station on some ships, so you can check there too if all else fails. Not to mention pasta being available every evening in the main dining room both as an appetizer and main dish (perhaps even for lunch as well).

Not to mention pasta being available every evening in the main dining room both as an appetizer and main dish (perhaps even for lunch as well).

The menus have changed and pasta is not on the menu most nights, not even in the "Carnival Classics" section. At least on the Glory menu in February of this year. Since that is what I was going to eat every night (I have medical conditions and can't eat the other offerings), I most definitely took notice of the absence of pasta on all but two (I think it was) nights. (I was able to have the special dietary needs lady come to my table each night to take my order for the next night, so I was able to order something each night. It was occassionally edible, LOL.)

On the glory, I had pasta made to order, it was at the buffet in the omelet station, the back buffet by the big pastry, dessert area, I think this is the burrito station on many ships.

On the dream they have a whole different setup. You fill out a card and hand it to a cook, they bring it to your table. This is upstairs, where the fish and chip/rotisserie is on many other Conquest class ships. The Dream's pasta bar was really good, I enjoyed it a lot. You have the choice of like 5 different sauces, 3 pasta shapes, a handful of meats, garlic bread and salad I believe.

I don't remember anything like a separate station on Liberty when we sailed in Feb. I love pasta, and would have definitely ordered some. There was a guy, as part of the buffet line, who was responsible for cooking up mass pasta, and then they had like 2 sauces you could put on - but he didn't serve up "made to order" individual portions like they do (from what I have read) on the Dream. They had the Mongolian wok that did that, the burrito bar, fish and chips, deli, grills, etc. - but no individual pasta bar that I saw.

We sailed in December and January past , are you saying the menus have changed since then? as i saw very few changes at that time and the carnival classiscs section was still available

I sailed in February on the Glory and there was a "Carnival Classics" section, but there was no pasta dish listed in it. On two nights (I believe it was) in the main entree area of the menu (non-"Classics" section) there was a pasta dish, but other than that, nothing.

If you look up Carnival menus online that ppl have taken photos of, you'll see the "Classics" section used to have a pasta dish listed every night. That's not how it was on our cruise and, yes, I am 100% positive of that because, like I said, I went on the cruise thinking I'd be able to order off the menu every night thanks to the daily pasta dish I saw in the "Classics" section of menus ppl had posted online.

Maybe our ship/cruise used a different menu than others, I don't know, but that is how it was on our ship on our cruise. Next year, I might just join my friends in the dining room for the company and then afterwards go up to the Lido for a pizza - or maybe get the pizza first and bring it down to the dining room so I can eat with everyone, we'll see what is easiest. (Yes, the kids' menu has pizza on it, but it either isn't the same pizza or it just tastes really different without the grated cheese, crushed red peppers, and herbs you can sprinkle on it up on the Lido deck.)

The menus have changed and pasta is not on the menu most nights, not even in the "Carnival Classics" section. At least on the Glory menu in February of this year. Since that is what I was going to eat every night (I have medical conditions and can't eat the other offerings), I most definitely took notice of the absence of pasta on all but two (I think it was) nights. (I was able to have the special dietary needs lady come to my table each night to take my order for the next night, so I was able to order something each night. It was occassionally edible, LOL.)

On my last cruise in December pasta every night except one....here are the menus per Carnival.....

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DinnerDesserts_master.html

By the way...I also just looked at the pix Sargent Schultz has been taking on his cruise to Hawaii and again almost every night there is pasta on the menu....

On my last cruise in December pasta every night except one....here are the menus per Carnival.....

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DinnerDesserts_master.html

I will be kind and assume that you are not trying to call me a liar by saying that....

Looking at the menus you posted, which are different than the ones on our cruise, though:

Day 1 - no pasta

Day 2 - no pasta under "Classics", a "pasta with meat" in the main section

Day 3 - no pasta under "Classics", a "pasta with meat" in the main section

Day 4 - no pasta under "Classics", a "pasta with meat" in the main section

Day 5 - no pasta under "Classics", a pasta in the main section (this was on our menu, too, and I did eat it - it was the best dish of the week)

Day 6 - no pasta under "Classics", a "pasta with mixed vegatables" in the main section

Day 7 - no pasta under "Classics", a "pasta with meat" in the main section

If I'd been given those menus, there'd be one night I could eat off the menu. I'm pretty sure that on my cruise there were two nights I could eat off the menu. But most of those that you're calling "pasta dishes" are meat dishes that happen to have some pasta with them; that doesn't count, LOL.

Those are different menus than some other sites that I looked at pre-cruise/pre-booking have, though; other sites show a pasta-with-sauce dish under the "Classics" menu every night.

I will be kind and assume that you are not trying to call me a liar by saying that....

Looking at the menus you posted, which are different than the ones on our cruise, though:

Day 1 - no pasta

Day 5 - no pasta under "Classics", a pasta in the main section (this was on our menu, too, and I did eat it - it was the best dish of the week)

Day 6 - no pasta under "Classics", a "pasta with mixed vegatables" in the main section

If I'd been given those menus, there'd be one night I could eat off the menu. I'm pretty sure that on my cruise there were two nights I could eat off the menu. But most of those that you're calling "pasta dishes" are meat dishes that happen to have some pasta with them; that doesn't count, LOL.

Those are different menus than some other sites that I looked at pre-cruise/pre-booking have, though; other sites show a pasta-with-sauce dish under the "Classics" menu every night.

I really don't see were the liar thing comes from so I'll move on. I don't remember seeing pasta in the Classics in the past....

It also would have helped if you mentioned that your special needs did not include meat in the diet.....;)

I really don't see were the liar thing comes from so I'll move on. I don't remember seeing pasta in the Classics in the past....

It also would have helped if you mentioned that your special needs did not include meat in the diet.....;)

I looked at the menus found online before and/or after booking my previous cruise to see what food options there were and I saw that the "Classics" section was listed to have a pasta dish every night, which made me not look too much into special meals (and, therefore, I never made note on my booking to have the woman who takes the orders the night before come to my table).

Sorry; I thought it was obvious what a "pasta dish" is. I forget that not everybody is Italian (when pasta is just part of every dish)! ;) (Heh, it just floored me when I was out with friends at something as simple as Macaroni Grill and one friend asked me how to pronounce a word in a common dish!) I was also thinking is was obvious that if I could eat meat, I could eat the non-pasta dishes :p , but I guess it is true what they say about assuming. :o

Anyway, on the menus I had looked at around this time last year (or earlier), I saw pasta dishes (that being, pasta with a sauce such as tomatoe sauce, Alfredo sauce, etc. or pasta with butter) on the "Classics" menus. That's what I'd been expecting, so it was a shock when I got onboard. I knew there was only one appetizer that week that I could eat (unfortunately, it didn't taste very good the night they had it, go figure!) and I was fine with that, but I was disappointed that I would need to do the special-order thing almost every night. This time around I know, so I'll be prepared and have it put on my reservation to have them bring the special dish person to the table (which was easy to get last cruise, as two ppl in my group at the table across from mine were gluten-free, so I was able to talk to her on the first night without having to ask someone).

The Legend did not have a pasta bar. The lido had an incredible buffet , and on "Italian" Day they may have had a "pasta bar", food with pasta in it. Now from what I read in this thread it is the conquest ships Carnival stated that have the "pasta bar", but no one seems to rmember any current pasta bar. Who knows ,maybe when you cruise next year they will or will not have them. Good luck.:D

i <3 alfredooo

The alfredo I got in the dining room on the Glory was honestly one of the best-tasting, best-thickness alfredos I've ever had! The only thing "wrong" about it was there were some little lumpy things in it that I had no idea what they were, LOL.

I was sad that that was what I had for dinner on the very last night of the cruise, as I would've ordered it again had I known about it! The food (for everyone) was mostly lackluster to horrid, so it would've been nice to have had the alfredo more than once. Next cruise!

Day 1 - no pasta

Did you guys know that on any given night you can ask the waiter for pasta? They always have pasta and will bring it to you if you ask. My dh will often get plain pasta if there isn't something on the menu he wants. I do believe it's on the kids menu as well.

Did you guys know that on any given night you can ask the waiter for pasta? They always have pasta and will bring it to you if you ask. My dh will often get plain pasta if there isn't something on the menu he wants. I do believe it's on the kids menu as well.

Yes I knew that....

Thanks everyone for all the great answers. As I said before, on the Liberty it was actually a pasta "station" (not a Pasta Bar) included with the regular buffet but it was wonderful. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out on whatever ship we finally decide on :)

Archived