Princess Email?

love_cruises

Does anyone have a email address that I could email princess to find out who the caption will be on our Dec. 4th 2010 cruise will be?:confused:
You mean the Captain? This is probably too far in advance to get that info. Your best bet is to check the roll calls prior to your cruise or as you get closer to your sailing date, ask who the Captain is. Captains don't spend an entire year on a ship; they are on for a few months, off for a few. It's sometimes hard to tell too far in advance when which Captain's time off will be and who will be on.

Thanks Pam..... I did mean Captain! My niece wanted to type it for me and I didn't double check it. We are going on the Crown in Dec. and by the looks of the reviews i home that Captain Nash isn't on there.
ROFL! "Crash" Nash has become super conservative and hasn't had any problems in a couple of years. :)

You mean the Captain? This is probably too far in advance to get that info. Your best bet is to check the roll calls prior to your cruise or as you get closer to your sailing date, ask who the Captain is. Captains don't spend an entire year on a ship; they are on for a few months, off for a few. It's sometimes hard to tell too far in advance when which Captain's time off will be and who will be on.

Are you sure about your information? Is this something unique with Princess? It has been my understanding that a Captain is assigned the ship for several years and with the exception of some extended well deserved vacations they do not move around. I would think that the Captain has a much longer assignment with each ship.

Thanks Pam..... I did mean Captain! My niece wanted to type it for me and I didn't double check it. We are going on the Crown in Dec. and by the looks of the reviews i home that Captain Nash isn't on there.

I don't blame you. He was on our ship in October (Crown) - I think he comes across as a jerk.

Pam is correct - he has become super conservative as I always seem to miss ports when he is Captain of the ship I am on.

I think it is too soon to know who the Captain will be. My guess is that it will be Captain Proctor (who is awesome) but he is high up with Princess and gets lots of vacations and took 2 short vacations during our 2 week cruise in Oct/Nov (so we had Nash and Romano also).

Well, this is scary. I never knew I needed to worry about who the captain would be.

I haven't paid much attention in recent years, as I've spread my cruises around more.

I used to know a couple of captains pretty well, and enjoyed their company. Now I

basically hear them speak now and then.......never met one that came across as a jerk.

And how did one get the nickname "Crash"? Yikes.

I'm on the Crown Sept 27; I'll try not to worry.

Mimi

Nick Nash is a great guy and very competent!

We got off the Crown this morning. It was Captain Nash. We went on the Ultimate Ships Tour and I was less than impressed with his demeanor.

Instead of skipping Honduras due to the weather that was to come, we tendered in at a different port (all my papers are packed, so I cannot tell you the name of the port). That worked out well as when we went back to the ship later, they said being in the deep water helped us to get out -the week prior they had to skip Cozumel because they were docked overnight in Roatan.

The weather finally caught up to us in full on Thursday where the seas were a "tad rough". The dining rooms were practically empty that evening!

Princess now sends out emails to all passengers before their cruise which introduce the Captain, the Maitre'D, the Cruise Director, etc. You should get the one from the Captain about 75 days before you sail. Have fun!

Archived