Liberty of the seas coming to Ft Lauderdale

Yes LOS coming to FLL but only doing the 4/5 western 2011 Nov & Dec.....2012 Jan-Apr..what has happened to the 8 nighter eastern out of FLL ??..Booked it Mar 2011 on LOS but only out of MIA.. Will miss the INDY 8 nighter out of FLL...or any 8 nighter ship there....

Yes LOS coming to FLL but only doing the 4/5 western 2011 Nov & Dec.....2012 Jan-Apr..what has happened to the 8 nighter eastern out of FLL ??..Booked it Mar 2011 on LOS but only out of MIA.. Will miss the INDY 8 nighter out of FLL...or any 8 nighter ship there....

Liberty will start the 8/6 nighters out of FLL after she returns from Europe in the fall of 2011.

Liberty will start the 8/6 nighters out of FLL after she returns from Europe in the fall of 2011.

Where are you getting that information from, I only see LOS doing the 5/4 nights that Navigator was doing

Miami-Dade county has wasted all available funds (and more) on more stadiums...they can't tear the old ones down fast enough to keep up with all the new ones being built. Even though stadiums bring in few tourists, they have neglected the port, which brings in tens of thousands of people each week. Typical M-D corruption and incompetency.

Go to RCI's website and try booking Liberty for February 2011 and see what you get.

8 and 6 day cruises from Miami, not Ft. Lauderdale. On you original post you said that the Liberty would be doing 8 and 6 day cruises from Ft. Lauderdale after she came back from Europe, but she is not. She will be doing 4 and 5 day cruises from FLL.

Where are you getting that information from, I only see LOS doing the 5/4 nights that Navigator was doing

It does look like short cruises after she comes back from Europe in 2011. She is doing some 8/6 nighters out of Miami brfore she leaves for Europe.

8 and 6 day cruises from Miami, not Ft. Lauderdale. On you original post you said that the Liberty would be doing 8 and 6 day cruises from Ft. Lauderdale after she came back from Europe, but she is not. She will be doing 4 and 5 day cruises from FLL.

Yup, I posted it wrong. It's too bad too. The 8 nighter that we just did on Independence was awesome.

You can always do one out of Miami before the Liberty goes to Europe. After that there will be no 8 day cruises out of Florida.

Hmmm, now I don't know what to do. I was kind of set on booking Oasis for next February and then do another 8 nighter for the following cruise. But Liberty will be on short cruises by then.

Maybe, with some luck, my thoughts will prove true that sailing Indy out of Britain in the middle of winter won't be so popular and RCI will bring her home where she belongs.:)

Hmmm, now I don't know what to do. I was kind of set on booking Oasis for next February and then do another 8 nighter for the following cruise. But Liberty will be on short cruises by then.

Maybe, with some luck, my thoughts will prove true that sailing Indy out of Britain in the middle of winter won't be so popular and RCI will bring her home where she belongs.:)

If you don't have a problem sailing with Carnival, they have some pretty good 8 day cruises leaving out of FLL.

8 Day Eastern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

8 Day Western Caribbean: Cozumel, Colon Panama, Limon Costa Rica

8 Day Southern Caribbean: Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba, Curacao

8 Day Southern Caribbean: St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts

Liberty is currently in Miami until April when she goes to Spain. She leaves Spain October 29, 2011 and arrives at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) on November 12. At that time, she will be doing 4 and 5 night Western Caribbean cruises.

I prefer Port Everglades over Miami because it is closer to my house plus parking at Port Everglades is $5 less per day vs. Miami pier.

This was exactly what I was saying in my above post...NO more 8 nighters out of FLL.. And then taking away MIA too.....Hope RCI changes their mind !!!!!:( The 8 nighter is a great cruise..glad I booked Mar 19, 2010 even though it will be our third ( two on INDY ) RCI ..trying to fill Oasis & Allure....limiting the choices !!:rolleyes: Lots of TV ads advertising cruises out of LA...right ....only the Mariner here..sad we used to love the 3,4 and 5 nighters out of San Pedro....

This was exactly what I was saying in my above post...NO more 8 nighters out of FLL.. And then taking away MIA too.....Hope RCI changes their mind !!!!!:( The 8 nighter is a great cruise..glad I booked Mar 19, 2010 even though it will be our third ( two on INDY ) RCI ..trying to fill Oasis & Allure....limiting the choices !!:rolleyes: Lots of TV ads advertising cruises out of LA...right ....only the Mariner here..sad we used to love the 3,4 and 5 nighters out of San Pedro....

Royal Caribbean did 5 nights out of LA?? I thought they only did 3 and 4 day. Where did the 5 day cruises go to??

Not quite. Understand that it can get confusing . . . however, we are on Liberty with a bunch of friends on an 8 day starting March 5, 2011, from Miami.

Rick and Deirdra

Royal Caribbean did 5 nights out of LA?? I thought they only did 3 and 4 day. Where did the 5 day cruises go to??

Many, many years ago and not many of them ..they included an extra night at sea (basically floating at sea off the coast)..they discontinued those quickly...

Not quite. Understand that it can get confusing . . . however, we are on Liberty with a bunch of friends on an 8 day starting March 5, 2011, from Miami.

Rick and Deirdra

Our 8 nighter March 19, 2011 seems to be the last as far as I can tell..anyone know any different ???

Archived