Discussion on volcano travel problems

ekco

HI Jan,

Just been on Thomson site, they've just started cancelling flights for Thursday am.

But not ones to Palma yet for the Dream.

Berwyn

All change again on Sky now. All airports opening from 10.00pm tonight. Again!!

Jan

All change again on Sky now. All airports opening from 10.00pm tonight. Again!!

Jan

Yes, just seen on BBC website. Isabel has just started a new thread on it.

Anybody fancy starting bets on when they'll shut again :D

Berwyn

Yes, just seen on BBC website. Isabel has just started a new thread on it.

Anybody fancy starting bets on when they'll shut again :D

Berwyn

A bit of arm twisting going I think. Willie Walsh on Sky now looking like the cat that's got the cream. :D:D

Jan

A bit of arm twisting going I think. Willie Walsh on Sky now looking like the cat that's got the cream. :D:D

Jan

Did you notice his so called test flight flew west from Heathrow, and out over The Atlantic south of Ireland where the air was cleaner?

He didn't fly the plane through the thick part of the ash cloud.

Berwyn

Did you notice his so called test flight flew west from Heathrow, and out over The Atlantic south of Ireland where the air was cleaner?

He didn't fly the plane through the thick part of the ash cloud.

Berwyn

He's no fool is he?:eek: Most of the holiday traffic should be able to to that route, I would have thought, and come round over southern Spain to the Med. You didn't know I had a degree in Air Traffic Control did you, ha, ha, ha.:eek: Armchair experts one and all. :D:D. Funny how there's no one on the news with shaved heads and tattoos, no, they all did a package and are holed up in AI hotels in the Canaries. Why travel all over Europe unless you have to. lol.:D

Jan

He's no fool is he?:eek: Most of the holiday traffic should be able to to that route, I would have thought, and come round over southern Spain to the Med. You didn't know I had a degree in Air Traffic Control did you, ha, ha, ha.:eek: Armchair experts one and all. :D:D. Funny how there's no one on the news with shaved heads and tattoos, no, they all did a package and are holed up in AI hotels in the Canaries. Why travel all over Europe unless you have to. lol.:D

Jan

Brillliant post Jan,

Would put at least an hour or so for a flight from Ringway to Palma.

Don't mind if they supply free drinks :D

Yes Stuck in Canaries and then get a booze cruise back home on the Island Escape.

Berwyn

Brillliant post Jan,

Would put at least an hour or so for a flight from Ringway to Palma.

Don't mind if they supply free drinks :D

Yes Stuck in Canaries and then get a booze cruise back home on the Island Escape.

Berwyn

Just left you a message on the other side.:eek:.

And another thing!! Why are retired lecturers clogging up the ferry terminals when they could have a couple of extra days holiday and let the families get back first. Then they could come back in peace. Don't get that. Rant, rant, rant.:D:D To any lecturers reading this, I don't mean you. :D, honest. (crawler).

Jan

Just left you a message on the other side.:eek:.

And another thing!! Why are retired lecturers clogging up the ferry terminals when they could have a couple of extra days holiday and let the families get back first. Then they could come back in peace. Don't get that. Rant, rant, rant.:D:D To any lecturers reading this, I don't mean you. :D, honest. (crawler).

Jan

They are all skiving hoping they can get a couple of extra days holiday without it being knocked off their hoilday allowance.

Been on red wine, please excuse spelling. Coping with DW's panic. :eek::D

Berwyn

They are all skiving hoping they can get a couple of extra days holiday without it being knocked off their hoilday allowance.

Been on red wine, please excuse spelling. Coping with DW's panic. :eek::D

Berwyn

DW's on the 2nd bottle, :eek:. Getting maudlin with it. I know, she can go from Falmouth on the IE and you go on the Dream. Sorted.:D:D. Is she always like this? I don't mean 'always' just about flying.

Jan

How very dare you :eek: hic!

Jan

No Jan,

I quite agree with RR :D

It's just DW is worried and can't take the alcohol.

She is worried planes are flying OK now. But in a while with ash build up will they pack up :eek:

Berwyn

No Jan,

I quite agree with RR :D

It's just DW is worried and can't take the alcohol.

She is worried planes are flying OK now. But in a while with ash build up will they pack up :eek:

Berwyn

Only kidding. :)

Bed time.

Jan

Start packing Berwyn :D

Definitely,

I've had all the important stuff for going sat next to me on the sofa for over a week.

Cameras, money, paperwork etc. Finally added tickets on Monday. :D

I'll know everythings packed if the seat ids empty.

Berwyn

PS

Only the slight matter of going to work tonight till Sunday a.m. :(

Hi Berwyn

How is DW today? Or daren't I ask? :D

Jan

Morning Jan,

with worrying about falling out of the sky next week and the son going in today for the bowel examination she drank nearly 2 bottles of Pinot Grigot. :eek:

She managed to drag herself out of bed and off to work. But looked like death warmed up.

Couldn't finish her breakfast.

Berwyn

Morning Jan,

with worrying about falling out of the sky next week and the son going in today for the bowel examination she drank nearly 2 bottles of Pinot Grigot. :eek:

She managed to drag herself out of bed and off to work. But looked like death warmed up.

Couldn't finish her breakfast.

Berwyn

Did you make her your special breakfast with the black pudding and runny eggs? :D:D No, no, it's not funny :eek:. We've all been there.

Jan

Did you make her your special breakfast with the black pudding and runny eggs? :D:D No, no, it's not funny :eek:. We've all been there.

Jan

:D:D

I was good I was watering down my red wine.

But I did nod off on the sofa after, eldest lad woke me up when he came in after midnight.

And I was going to have an early night with working tonight.

Looks like it's all go for us next week. The way the wind feels it's too chilly for a log cabin with outdoor hot tub in Shropshire. Brrr!!

Berwyn

Archived