Discussion on volcano travel problems

ekco

Just seen the stranded getting on the Celebration Eclipse in Bilboa, lucky them, looks lovely. Raining there though.:eek:

Jan

Doh!!! That'll be the Celebrity Eclipse. :eek:. I've got the Celebration on the brain.

Jan

You're only bumping it up to get 100 posts :p:D

Berwyn

Oooh!!! You've gone and spoilt it now:(

That's a wrap then.:):)

Seeing as there's only 3 of us on this Forum they could amalgamate with Thomsons. Just a thought.;)

Jan

For those that are using either Vista or Win 7 Operating systems, you can actually add a gadget to your desktop to show different Weather temperatures for each destination ;)

At the moment palma is 14c and raining :eek:

Hi RR,

I've just been looking at the rain on the Stern camera of Costa Cocordia. Looks Miserable.

Got 2 pics of Dream just leaving in a new thread

Berwyn

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Lanzarote, got an extra week courtesy of the ash malarkey.

Actually saw Island Escape docked at Arecife on/around the 16th while driving back from Teguise to Puerto del Carmen. Brought a few memories back......

Purjo hi,

When you were in Lanzarote, in the winter is it just as windy as in the summer time? just wondered as was thinking of spending Christmas there this year.

RR

Hi RR

Just butting in here, last time we stayed in Lanzarote in the first week in December we had a lovely week. We were in Costa Teguise and I would say it was more breezy than windy. Cool in the evening though. The week before they'd had an almighty storm, unusual, and it was on the news here. We'd have beer on the balcony in the afternoon while sunbathing. I've also been there in April and the weather was cooler than here.

Madeira nice at Christmas and New Year, fantastic lights and fireworks but weather no so good.:)

Jan

Stayed in Funchal for the Millenium celebrations 2000 :D agree about the lights in the tree's etc.

Last time I was in Costa Teguise (summer), during the day the Breeze (wind) was so stong it was blowing the MT glasses along the tables :eek: so the moral of that story was always have a full glass :p

Purjo hi,

When you were in Lanzarote, in the winter is it just as windy as in the summer time? just wondered as was thinking of spending Christmas there this year.

RR

Hi, there was a breeze most of the time but it only got strong on a couple of occasions in the two weeks. TBH it was so hot at times that if the breeze dropped it felt like being baked alive!

Cheers

Archived