Discussion on volcano travel problems

ekco

:D:D

I was good I was watering down my red wine.

But I did nod off on the sofa after, eldest lad woke me up when he came in after midnight.

And I was going to have an early night with working tonight.

Looks like it's all go for us next week. Th.

e way the wind feels it's too chilly for a log cabin with outdoor hot tub in Shropshire. Brrr!!

Berwyn

You'd better get down to Asda and stock up, there's a whole week to go yet.

Agree, it's far too cold for log cabins at the moment. Whatever the weathers like in the Med. at least it's warm on ship.:)

Jan

You'd better get down to Asda and stock up, there's a whole week to go yet.

Jan

We've already done that. I don't think she'll be touching a drop for a day or two. :D And I'm working so can't drink anyway. A glass of wine with my bran flakes at 8.30 a.m. doesn't quite go together somehow.

Definitely no drink Monday night in the hotel, we have to be up about 3.30am for check in at 4 :eek::eek:

Berwyn

We've already done that. I don't think she'll be touching a drop for a day or two. :D And I'm working so can't drink anyway. A glass of wine with my bran flakes at 8.30 a.m. doesn't quite go together somehow.

Definitely no drink Monday night in the hotel, we have to be up about 3.30am for check in at 4 :eek::eek:

Berwyn

Good job the Pinot's only 12% Check in at 4 :eek:. What time's take off then?

Jan

Good job the Pinot's only 12% Check in at 4 :eek:. What time's take off then?

Jan

6 a.m. :eek: We always seem to get an early flight. not that we've requested it.

I'm expecting to be aboard before 11a.m. Palma time if flight goes out on time.

Just seen first plane for a week. A Thomson one from Birmingham, the radar site doesn't say where it's going.

Berwyn

6 a.m. :eek: We always seem to get an early flight. not that we've requested it.

I'm expecting to be aboard before 11a.m. Palma time if flight goes out on time.

Just seen first plane for a week. A Thomson one from Birmingham, the radar site doesn't say where it's going.

Berwyn

I saw my first plane this morning too. Are you doing day before check in? you can stay in bed a bit longer.

Jan

I saw my first plane this morning too. Are you doing day before check in? you can stay in bed a bit longer.

Jan

I did think about it, but we're going to the hotel and it'd mean getting a taxi from the hotel to the airport Monday evening and back. DW won't drive into the airport complex.

I don't drive.

If we'd come by taxi from home we'd have had to get up even earlier and it's dearer.

Berwyn

I did think about it, but we're going to the hotel and it'd mean getting a taxi from the hotel to the airport Monday evening and back. DW won't drive into the airport complex.

I don't drive.

If we'd come by taxi from home we'd have had to get up even earlier and it's dearer.

Berwyn

T2 is better to drive to than T1 (more space and quieter) and there's a short stay car park just on the right opposite the entrance. Cost £2 for half an hour (rip off!) but very handy for check-in, we were in and out in 10 minutes on the Sunday afternoon complete with boarding cards. It's usually quiet in the evening at this time of year so if she wants to give it a go... Is she driving you from home? I should have asked before but the above might be helpful to other people anyway:).

Jan

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, she's driving us there. Easy trip, straight down A55 then M56.

We're staying at the Mariott Hale Barns just off exit 6.

There is no way she will drive into the airport complex. I've asked her before.

Just watched the BBC North West news, you might be in for some disturbed nights. They said in the airport they will do night flights if they need to.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Yes, she's driving us there. Easy trip, straight down A55 then M56.

We're staying at the Mariott Hale Barns just off exit 6.

There is no way she will drive into the airport complex. I've asked her before.

Just watched the BBC North West news, you might be in for some disturbed nights. They said in the airport they will do night flights if they need to.

Berwyn

Hope not, since they opened the 2nd runway the planes usually take off to the west and we are about 3 miles to the north. So unless the wind is in the wrong direction we should be ok.

You'll have to learn to drive Berwyn. Funny, I didn't learn to drive until I was 39 and I used to have a recurring dream that DH was incapacitated in some way, we were in the middle of nowhere and I had to drive the car home, usually from Cornwall. Since I learned I haven't had that dream since, now it's about swimming and guess what? I can't swim.:D:D Get me a swimming teacher!

Jan

Hi Jan,

I don't drive due to epilepsy. It's stable now, but seeing all the idiots on the road I don't want to start. Especially after the accident last week.

I live at the seaside and don't swim either.

Berwyn

I know what you mean re. idiots. I don't drive as much now as it's so stressful here in the city. Too many people and too many cars constantly jammed up.

Glad you're stable anyway.:):)

Jan

Thanks, only problem is I can have a drink now and probably drink too much :D

When I was young went for years without one.

Berwyn

5.gif

I see you got one of those funny things (from Jim?? :D:D, that was funny) you beat me to it, I'll have a look later. Is that you on your holiday.:D:D

Jan

I think DW would either kill me or divorce me if I went out dressed like that :eek::D

Lots of funnies on that site.

Berwyn

PS the 6 am flight from Ringway is up on the board as scheduled

Found the smileys, it took me a while to puzzle out how to get there. I like the large drinking one lower down on the list.:D:D

Jan

Found the smileys, it took me a while to puzzle out how to get there. I like the large drinking one lower down on the list.:D:D

Jan

Yes it's brilliant that one. Went to bed this a.m. but woke up 11 a.m. :(

Wide awake, so I've come down for a cuppa' and I'll try again.

Berwyn

Yes it's brilliant that one. Went to bed this a.m. but woke up 11 a.m. :(

Wide awake, so I've come down for a cuppa' and I'll try again.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

I know what you mean. I've been waking up at 4.00am, joints and bones aching. I must remember to take ani-inflmmatory before bed, got my rings on the other day and now can't can't them off. I'll have to wait until it goes cold tonight and my finger shrinks. Talking of which how is your finger after last week?

Jan

Hi Berwyn

I know what you mean. I've been waking up at 4.00am, joints and bones aching. I must remember to take ani-inflmmatory before bed, got my rings on the other day and now can't can't them off. I'll have to wait until it goes cold tonight and my finger shrinks. Talking of which how is your finger after last week?

Jan

Hi Jan, At least you can get yours off later.

Finger is much better ta. There is a raw looking area where the ring was, but it is healing and doesn't feel sore anymore.

Looks like all the flights got off OK even if a couple were late getting off.

Dream is in Palma, but looks like she's anchored and not in a berth.

A Costa ship did pull in but camera not pointing in right direction.:(

Ah, I see what is going on. I switched to satellite view and there is a big concrete area that she is berthed against. It doesn't show up on the map view.

Berwyn

Hi Jan, At least you can get yours off later.

Finger is much better ta. There is a raw looking area where the ring was, but it is healing and doesn't feel sore anymore.

Looks like all the flights got off OK even if a couple were late getting off.

Dream is in Palma, but looks like she's anchored and not in a berth.

A Costa ship did pull in but camera not pointing in right direction.:(

Berwyn

The forecast didn't look great across Spain today, windy and wet, but it's still April I suppose. We had a holiday in Palma Nova once in April and was it cold and wet!!:eek: It was better weather here and silly me took all the wrong clothes so all our photos had us wearing the same things every day.:D Long sleeve top and jeans :eek:

Jan

The forecast didn't look great across Spain today, windy and wet, but it's still April I suppose. We had a holiday in Palma Nova once in April and was it cold and wet!!:eek: It was better weather here and silly me took all the wrong clothes so all our photos had us wearing the same things every day.:D Long sleeve top and jeans :eek:

Jan

The temperature at the moment isn't much better than here. Costa Concordia has just pulled in and it said 13.5 C It's 10 here. And sunny too

Our cruise on Island Escape was middle of April 2 years ago. We were the same,

cool with wet days, We got soaked in Sicily, a thunderstorm in Naples, and cold wind all week even when it was sunny.

Berwyn

The temperature at the moment isn't much better than here. Costa Concordia has just pulled in and it said 13.5 C It's 10 here. And sunny too

Our cruise on Island Escape was middle of April 2 years ago. We were the same,

cool with wet days, We got soaked in Sicily, a thunderstorm in Naples, and cold wind all week even when it was sunny.

Berwyn

You'd better pack the thermals then. :D:D. IE due in at midnight, I think.

Just seen the stranded getting on the Celebration Eclipse in Bilboa, lucky them, looks lovely. Raining there though.:eek:

Time to start another thread, I think we've flogged volcanic ash to death.:D:D. Got any ideas?

Jan

You'd better pack the thermals then. :D:D. IE due in at midnight, I think.

Just seen the stranded getting on the Celebration Eclipse in Bilboa, lucky them, looks lovely. Raining there though.:eek:

Time to start another thread, I think we've flogged volcanic ash to death.:D:D. Got any ideas?

Jan

Yes, I've just been watching BBC local news for Cornwall to see if there is any news, but nothing yet.

Marinetraffic still has her in Las Palmas

The volcano is running out of steam literally. :D

How about Island Escape's 1st arrival in the UK?

That'll go for a day or two, might stretch it to the weekend till I have to start getting ready to go.

Berwyn

Yes, I've just been watching BBC local news for Cornwall to see if there is any news, but nothing yet.

Marinetraffic still has her in Las Palmas

The volcano is running out of steam literally. :D

How about Island Escape's 1st arrival in the UK?

That'll go for a day or two, might stretch it to the weekend till I have to start getting ready to go.

Berwyn

See you've done it. My laptop started playing up by switching itself off then after booting up doing it again. Had to restore to the 17th, it's that Windows Update again, it does this every few months.

Rebel Rouser, can you tell we're easily bored. I like the lightening bolt.

Over to the new thread.

Jan

Archived