LAN Flight from MIA to Lima

Coolcruise02

I did a search but can't find much help.

Here is my info: DD booked flight thru Orbitz from Dallas to Lima; first leg is America Airlines arrive in Miami at 10:15pm for LAN flight at 11:55pm to Lima (FYI they are NOT checking any bags)

A group of us will be meeting up in Miami from various places. Our flight from Columbus arrives in Miami at 7:55 for the 11:55 flight.

Now the questions:

1. If we all check in on-line the 48-3hrs ahead of time is there anything else we have to do when we get to the gate?

2. Is 1.5 hrs enough time for DD to get off the plane in domestic area and get to international in Miami?

3. When we check-in on line will we be able to print both boarding passes for AA and LAN?

Thanks for any help!

I did a search but can't find much help.

Here is my info: DD booked flight thru Orbitz from Dallas to Lima; first leg is America Airlines arrive in Miami at 10:15pm for LAN flight at 11:55pm to Lima (FYI they are NOT checking any bags)

A group of us will be meeting up in Miami from various places. Our flight from Columbus arrives in Miami at 7:55 for the 11:55 flight.

Now the questions:

1. If we all check in on-line the 48-3hrs ahead of time is there anything else we have to do when we get to the gate?

Someone will have to verify that you have a passport. This usually happens at the ticket counter when you begin your journey.

2. Is 1.5 hrs enough time for DD to get off the plane in domestic area and get to international in Miami?

If it arrives on-time, yes.

3. When we check-in on line will we be able to print both boarding passes for AA and LAN?

Hard to answer....If you are booked thru with AA then it may be that you will be able to print passes for both legs.

Whose ticket is this-AA, LAN or the AA/LAN codeshare??? Is it a through ticket or two separate tickets (which could very well be the way Orbitz put the tickets together).

LAN does NOT allow online check in to SA. You can pick your seat ONLY if the LAN portion of the ticket is NOT the AA/LAN codeshare (AA flight number/LAN plane) booked as an AA ticket. MUST do it at the airport if it is strictly a LAN ticket.

http://www.lan.com/reservas/despues_de_comprar/chequeo/vuelos_chequeo-en-us.html

None of your other questions can be answered regarding your DD until you know what kind of ticket you have.

For those traveling on LAN and arriving MIA from different airports, you will need to check in at the LAN desk in MIA.

Thanks for all the help, but I just decided to call LAN and got a verrrrry nice helpful gentleman. He looked our reservation up and said they are a partners with AA on our flights and when we check-in for our first leg we are in for the Lima flight.

He said DD's ticket is "legal" because it allows at least 1 hour between the connecting flight and the international flight. (even though it sounds like she may have to run between domestic and international gates)

For those traveling on LAN and arriving MIA from different airports, you will need to check in at the LAN desk in MIA.

By "LAN desk" do you mean at the boarding gate? For our first flight all our tickets are AA operated by LANPERU.

By "LAN desk" do you mean at the boarding gate? For our first flight all our tickets are AA operated by LANPERU.

I still don't understand if you have AA codeshare tickets booked by AA OR LAN tickets with the AA codeshare for connecting flights. LANPeru does not operate domestically in the USA.

I THINK you have AA tickets codeshare with LAN. IF so, then check in with AA and you SHOULD be issued boarding passes for both the LAN and AA flights.

HOWEVER, if they are LAN tickets with the AA codeshare domestic component, you will HAVE to check in with LAN at MIA.

Can't be operated by LAN- this is very confusing. LAN does not fly from DFW or CMH, you have to be actually flying on AA metal for the legs to MIA.

Why did your DD book this on Orbitz and not directly with AA?

Can't be operated by LAN- this is very confusing. LAN does not fly from DFW or CMH, you have to be actually flying on AA metal for the legs to MIA.

Why did your DD book this on Orbitz and not directly with AA?

Confusing, Huh???

As I posted, I THINK they have AA codeshare tickets with LAN Peru being the carrier out of MIA.

Maybe they all took different carriers into MIA. Who knows-too confusing.

I THINK you have AA tickets codeshare with LAN. IF so, then check in with AA and you SHOULD be issued boarding passes for both the LAN and AA flights.

This is correct. The connecting tickets read:

Operated by American Airlines for and marketed by LANPeru

Confusing, Huh???

As I posted, I THINK they have AA codeshare tickets with LAN Peru being the carrier out of MIA. Maybe they all took different carriers into MIA. Who knows-too confusing.

Sorry, don't mean to confuse anyone but as I already posted I called LAN and all my questions were answered. And, no, all 10 of us are on AA into MIA from different cities.

Thanks for all the input!

Check in with AA. You will be issued your AA boarding pass AND your LAN boarding pass (which is really an AA flight)

You can't check in on line because you have an international flight.

Once your get to MIA, just go to the gate for your second flight. You'll be all set.

THANKS!! That is what the LAN rep told me on the phone. Glad to hear it is that simple! :)

You can now (as of April 14), check in internationally online. You will need your passport information to finish the process.

It may be easier to just do it at the airport. Since this is a new system and you have codeshare tickets, I personally would just check in with AA at your first airport. Then you are assured of getting your luggage checked through to Lima and getting BOTH boarding passes.

This is correct. The connecting tickets read:

Operated by American Airlines for and marketed by LANPeru

I am totally confused now. MARKETED by LanPeru means it is a LAN codeshare ticket, not an AA ticket.

I am not sure the LAN guy told you correctly. I would guess that you have two separate tickets (although it looks like a through ticket)-one for the AA domestic flight and one for the LAN codeshare, which is a LAN issued ticket. I can't duplicate your flights on Orbitz using either the LAN or AA tabs, just the "multiple carrier" tab.

LAN tickets generally require check in at LAN counters. Other than at international airports, there are NO LAN counters.

Get to the first airport very early. Go to the AA counter. HOPE for the best-luggage checked through to LIM, boarding passes for both flights issued at originating airport. Be prepared that you MAY have to recheck luggage and check in with LAN in MIA. You have time. Your DD-she will need the layout of MIA, know EXACTLY where she is going, check Flight Stats to find out which gate she will be arriving and departing from. Pray the DFW plane is NOT late. Good luck!!!

SORRY,

The first leg ticket reads : Amercian Airlines for LAN

The MIA to Lima reads: Operated and Marketed by LANPERU

Also, we are not checking any luggage. Everyone is taking one roll-on and a small backpack. We all decided with all the flights, including on to Cuzco and the train rides we were all going light! :)

SORRY,

The first leg ticket reads : Amercian Airlines for LAN

The MIA to Lima reads: Operated and Marketed by LANPERU

Also, we are not checking any luggage. Everyone is taking one roll-on and a small backpack. We all decided with all the flights, including on to Cuzco and the train rides we were all going light! :)

Your DD is going to have to hoof it. You are all flying into the North Terminal (AA). You are flying OUT of the J terminal (LAN). It is about a 15 minute walk between the two AND you have to reclear security. There is no airside transfer between these terminals.

Your DD needs to MAKE SURE she knows how to get from A to B, has MINIMAL stuff to slow her down through security and her AA flight arrives on time. If it was my close connection, I would check whatever she doesn't absolutely, positively need for the flight to Lima. Dragging ANYTHING extra through security could slow down the process. MAKE SURE she has seats as close to the front of the plane as possible. It is going to be tight, with no time for glitches, legal connection or not.

Good luck!!!

Your DD is going to have to hoof it. You are all flying into the North Terminal (AA). You are flying OUT of the J terminal (LAN). It is about a 15 minute walk between the two AND you have to reclear security. There is no airside transfer between these terminals.

Wow, I don't recall having to reclear security in MIA between domestic and international. Is that new? Is it just as you go into terminal H?

I just looked at the MIA web site and it shows LAN in terminal H. Has that changed? We thought we had to go from terminal D to H.

Thanks for the info!

Did you have to go back thru securtiy? How long ago where you in MIA?

MIA is an awful airport, IMO. Walk from gates is long. Airport is crowded and a dump. Very few signs and many employees don't seem to speak English. You will hate coming back and going through immigration and customs. Just a zoo.

Greatam is correct; the AA flights will arrive at the North Terminal. You can take the Skyride Connector, which is on the third level, to get from the North Terminal to The South Terminal, concourse J, which is where your LAN flight is. It will take about 15 minutes to get from the North to South Terminal. Any time you leave the secure area, you will have to go through security again.

Did you have to go back thru securtiy? How long ago where you in MIA?

It appears diane.in.ny flew the AA flight to LIM (probably codeshare with LAN but operated by AA)

YOU are flying the LAN flight or at least it appears you are flying the LAN flight-"operated and marketed by LAN".

There is NO airside connection between the North Terminal and J/H gates. LAN generally leaves from J, but J and H are now connected airside, so that shouldn't present any problems.

I try to fly LAN as much as I can for my SA business trips. I usually fly JFK or LAX/SCL or LIM (the nonstop LAX flight is now discontinued to reappear this fall maybe). There have been times when I have flown JFK/MIA/SCL or LIM. It is an AA flight from JFK to MIA, then LAN to SA. I have always had to transfer terminals and reclear security. A royal pain.

In 2011, supposedly ALL OneWorld flights (LAN, AA, Qantas, etc) will leave from the North Terminal. But not this year.

I have always had to transfer terminals and reclear security. A royal pain.

Where did you reclear security? Is it only for those going to the H/J gates? Going from Gate D to H, is that all on the same level?

Thanks for any info!

PS we are healthy mid 50's (others are 30-40's) traveling light so we can move it if needed :)

Where did you reclear security? Is it only for those going to the H/J gates? Going from Gate D to H, is that all on the same level?

Thanks for any info!

PS we are healthy mid 50's (others are 30-40's) traveling light so we can move it if needed :)

There is a security line at H and also at J. Whichever one has the shorter line/less hassle and for me, whichever one has the priority security line open. Just take a quick look and decide. H and J are connected INSIDE security.

You will get off the AA flight on level 2. Then you have to go UP to level 3 to take the Skyride, then back to level 2 when you get to the H & J concourses.

Archived