menu question

smudgie

Oh you will find dinner quite the adventure!

I asked the server one night which entree he preferred of a certain 2....he told me, so I went with his choice. But when it arrived he brought me both. He said he just wanted me to know for certain for myself...and I must say he was correct.

Another evening when it came time to order dessert we had sort of hummed and finally decided on what to have....well when he started to bring dessert there were 8 of us....by the end there was at least 22 desserts on the table. My poor daughter was only 5 and her eyes were as wide as the dinner plates.

I've always gotten 2 orders of escargots.....and when there is steak and real lobster

tails, I've always done surf and turf. Evidently those days are gone forever. On Princess,

at least.

Often they will bring one, and if you still want the second, bring it after you eat the

first one. Too many people order too much food and don't eat it. I've never not

gotten what I wanted,though.

We order two desserts each on the cruise. :)

One cruise we had leftover wine and went all out since it was our last night. Three desserts each and a cheese plate. My friend went to use the bathroom, and there I was, sitting at a table by myself with 7 desserts. I got a lot of stares until she got back :)

Oh you will find dinner quite the adventure!

I asked the server one night which entree he preferred of a certain 2....he told me, so I went with his choice. But when it arrived he brought me both. He said he just wanted me to know for certain for myself...and I must say he was correct.

Something similar happened to me, though I did not ask between two entrees, just ordered what I wanted for dinner, I was brought two entrees...the waiter knew I loved food adventures...so he was just fanning the flame, lol

On our most recent cruise, The Grand 2 weeks ago, on 2 occasions there were two entrees that we found very appealing. In both cases we asked the waiter to bring us one as an appetizer, in a reduced size usually leaving off some of the side items, and got exactly that. This especially worked well when one of the entrees was Ciappino, the Mediteranean seafood soup/stew. We got a smaller sized bowl as a soup course and it was great.

It is not so unusual that lovely wife and I go to MDR for dinner, and then if we happen to separate during after-dinner entertainment I return to MDR for dessert only. That way I can cheat on my diet and wife never knows. :)

Bill

It is not so unusual that lovely wife and I go to MDR for dinner, and then if we happen to separate during after-dinner entertainment I return to MDR for dessert only. That way I can cheat on my diet and wife never knows. :)

Bill

:eek: LOL :D

Smudgie - I hope you come back and post a review of your trip next week. I've enjoyed all your questions as you prepare for (I think your first cruise). It's fun seeing the excitement from a first time cruiser. Your posts have been delightful.

Enjoy your cruise and order all or as little as you want to eat on your Princess cruise. And, you should really try as many Princess pasta dishes as you can. Princess is noted for their pasta. Check the left side of your dining room menu for the ever-present fettuchini and the pasta of the day. If you see the veal and pasta (which I believe has been the 2nd night) try it. Very yummy.

Have fun cruising!

Oh, I loooooooooooove that veal pasta dish!!

Smudgie, one nice thing is that Princess's portion sizes are normal, not the ginormous sizes you see in lots of restaurants these days. That has the happy effect of allowing us to enjoy all the courses and/or more than one appetizer or dessert. Because to me, apps and desserts are the two best parts of the meal!

I'm not shy about asking for side items from other choices, when ordering the main course.

In fact, one of my all-time favorite food items on a cruise was a side dish. It was with cabbage and apples. It was outstanding.

I also like the main course version of the fettucine alfredo rather than the starter version as I'm crazy for the cheese bowl it comes in. Yum!

Oh, I loooooooooooove that veal pasta dish!!

Smudgie, one nice thing is that Princess's portion sizes are normal, not the ginormous sizes you see in lots of restaurants these days. That has the happy effect of allowing us to enjoy all the courses and/or more than one appetizer or dessert. Because to me, apps and desserts are the two best parts of the meal!

The last four cruises I have *looked* at the veal pasta dish and thought?? It looks yummy but ???? But then ordered something else:(

Next cruise that veal and this pasta??? It is MINE!

Appys and dessert rock :) No matter how full I am dessert is always an option.....I say I have two stomachs....one for the main and one for appy's and dessert .....and wine...:p

Also the watermelon/feta salad you will see towards the end of the cruise OMG GOOD!!!! Order two....really you will thank me for it :D

The last four cruises I have *looked* at the veal pasta dish and thought?? It looks yummy but ???? But then ordered something else:(

Next cruise that veal and this pasta??? It is MINE!

Appys and dessert rock :) No matter how full I am dessert is always an option.....I say I have two stomachs....one for the main and one for appy's and dessert .....and wine...:p

Also the watermelon/feta salad you will see towards the end of the cruise OMG GOOD!!!! Order two....really you will thank me for it :D

Agreed- the watermelon feta salad is amazing!!!

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the chicken wanton soup!

Archived